Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-06-2003, 07:04 AM   #1
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Strongbow
...chiana rocks! then again i already knew that from seeing random episodes from random seasons
Oh, she's a great character on that show. Really interesting. If I was a character on the show I'd be her, probably. I'd wish I was more like Zhaan (calm and wise) but I know I'm actually more like Chiana (askew survivor).
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:19 AM   #2
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Oh, she's a great character on that show. Really interesting. If I was a character on the show I'd be her, probably. I'd wish I was more like Zhaan (calm and wise) but I know I'm actually more like Chiana (askew survivor).
Ah, I know exactly what you mean, im the same way! Chiana rocks.
Ive been watching nothing but Farscape lately. Im really enjoying the season one box set! I cant wait until season two comes out!
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 01:03 PM   #3
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I just learned that sci-fi will be running a FarScape marathon Oct 15-17. I plan on watching that in it's entirety.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 04:45 PM   #4
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
I just learned that sci-fi will be running a FarScape marathon Oct 15-17. I plan on watching that in it's entirety.
Do you know if it will be in sequence? I plan to watch it also, but I'll have to tape a lot of it.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:53 PM   #5
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Do you know if it will be in sequence? I plan to watch it also, but I'll have to tape a lot of it.
I would assume that it's in sequence. With 3 days they'd be able to show quite a lot of it. But I think they might just do the highlight episodes of each season, so the seasons themselves will be cut short a little of course.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 09-09-2003, 02:51 PM   #6
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
I would assume that it's in sequence. With 3 days they'd be able to show quite a lot of it. But I think they might just do the highlight episodes of each season, so the seasons themselves will be cut short a little of course.
I hope they leave out that cartoon episode. Damn, I hated that episode.

I really need to get that 1st season boxed set. *wants it bad*
Old 09-12-2003, 10:41 AM   #7
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
I hope they leave out that cartoon episode. Damn, I hated that episode.

I really need to get that 1st season boxed set. *wants it bad*

I love that episode!! It's one of my favorites. And did you know that the composer won some type of award for musical score in that ep?

Old 09-20-2003, 01:39 AM   #8
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
I love that episode!! It's one of my favorites. And did you know that the composer won some type of award for musical score in that ep?
funny, it's the one show I despise.

you told me once that it won an award for musical score. I can't recall when, though.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:55 PM   #9
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
funny, it's the one show I despise.

you told me once that it won an award for musical score. I can't recall when, though.
Probably somewhere in this thread

Old 09-21-2003, 12:14 AM   #10
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Probably somewhere in this thread
Yeah, more than likely.

If you see that set on sale someplace. Let me know. PM me or something. I really want to add it to my collection of dvds.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:00 AM   #11
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Yeah, more than likely.

If you see that set on sale someplace. Let me know. PM me or something. I really want to add it to my collection of dvds.
Well if you have a BestBuy around you in Texas they have really good prices on a lot of electronics and entertainment stuff. That's where I bought season1 for $115.

Old 09-27-2003, 05:14 PM   #12
Ruinel
Banned

Yeah, there's BestBuy's all over here. I'll check them out. Sometimes they send out coupons for money off when you buy DVD's and other stuff. I'll keep my eyes pealed.

Is the series still on late at night?
Old 09-27-2003, 10:18 PM   #13
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

every sunday at midnight! *sigh* but its almost near the end of season 4 so maybe when they decide it should be played over from the start they'll give it a better time...and more slots during the week.

edit: er...at least I hope they still are, for this and next sunday it says Taken is on instead of Farscape. Grr...ill be so upset if they stopped showing so close to the end episodes...

Last edited by Celebréiel : 09-27-2003 at 10:23 PM.
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:27 PM   #14
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Just as an update, now that I'm in college and have bought for myself the seasons 1 and 2 box sets i have converted half of my dorm floor into FarScape maniacs.

I do, of course, go to a very geeky school to begin with so it isn't quite such a big feat.

But I still haven't gotten my brother to like it yet. I am defeated . . .

Old 06-12-2004, 02:44 PM   #15
Beor
founder of the color blue

Farscape

Am I the only person on this board who watches Farscape? And if so, am I then a loser? If anyone watches it, respond, please, and we will talk about the show, if thats cool.

(aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 06-12-2004, 03:14 PM   #16
BeardofPants
the Shrike

There was a thread around here somewheres. ... Anyway, IIRC correctly, Ruinel was a big fan. Can't remember who else. I *would* be a fan, but I only ever saw a few: we don't currently have it on our public tv channels, and when we did, I didn't watch it. I saw a couple on sky - but that channel's reception was dodgy at best, and now we don't get it. I love scifi shows, and I liked what little I saw, so I'll have to get them on dvd sometime.... after I work my way through babylon 5.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:03 PM   #17
Beor

Well, if you ever get to watch it, let me know *sigh* It is a kick ass show....
Old 06-13-2004, 01:17 PM   #18
celeb-galad
Hobbit

I watch it. It's frellin great!

Not like some other dren out there!
celeb-galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 02:31 PM   #19
Beor

well, that pretty much kicks ass! I thought I was the only one except one who would steal my pants as I watched the crazy hijinks of a living ship! what a relief
Old 06-13-2004, 06:04 PM   #20
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Merged this thread with the last Farscape thread.

(Comment from your moderator: It might also interest you that the search function came up with at least two other threads about Farscape.

I liked Farscape a lot , at least the first two seasons, the following ones are still on tape somewhere waiting for me to see them (along with Stargate, X-files and a gazillion of nature and archaeology documentaries..).

There is something about puppets that CGI just can't beat. Pilot looked awesome.