Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-16-2003, 09:42 PM   #1
Anglorfin
Alasailon

She's weird. I never understood her motives. Besides the fact that she looks down on everyone and manages to lose a limb in every episode she is doing way more harm than good. At least Jool was good intentioned.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 10:17 PM   #2
Ruinel
Banned

And Sikozu looked down on others that couldn't "change their center of gravity" and walk on the walls. She had motives that were completely separate from the crew. That's for sure.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 09:43 PM   #3
Ruinel
Banned

POP! couldn't let this great thread die.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:44 AM   #4
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

*grumbles* My cable went out tonight at exactly 12...just when Farscape was coming on! And wouldnt my luck have it...the cable came back just after the show ended! *wimpers*
Anyways back on topic....I really like all the characters on Farscape. They all seem just very well written and real. Such a great show..
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:43 AM   #5
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Celebréiel
*grumbles* My cable went out tonight at exactly 12...just when Farscape was coming on! And wouldnt my luck have it...the cable came back just after the show ended! *wimpers*
Anyways back on topic....I really like all the characters on Farscape. They all seem just very well written and real. Such a great show..
The whole thread is about Farscape and not really specific to the characters. So, you were never off topic.

Wasn't it sad when Zhaan (Virginia Hey) left the show. I really liked her.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:46 PM   #6
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Zhaan was good. A little while ago I had just watched all the episodes where she is dying and it made me sad
Then Starke starts to go a little nuts (moreso than he is already). Both Zhaan and Jothee leave at around the same time. I wish Jothee had done something cooler than just bang Chiana and break his dad's heart. In any case, Jool is no substitute for Zhaan OR Jothee. Though she did have maybe one or two good episodes.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 06-28-2003, 11:01 AM   #7
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
Zhaan was good. A little while ago I had just watched all the episodes where she is dying and it made me sad
Then Starke starts to go a little nuts (moreso than he is already). Both Zhaan and Jothee leave at around the same time. I wish Jothee had done something cooler than just bang Chiana and break his dad's heart. In any case, Jool is no substitute for Zhaan OR Jothee. Though she did have maybe one or two good episodes.
I just never liked Jool. Nothing she ever did made up for the fact that she was a whiny bitch.

I was never sure if I liked Starke or not. Though, without Zhaan present, he was a freak show. And he was out of control. Zhaan always seemed to bring out his good side.

And you are absolutely right about Jothee. D'Argo spent all that time worrying about him and searching for him. Then Jothee jumps Chiana? I mean... what the f**k is that all about? Sheesh! Isn't there some unwritten rule between dads and sons that junior doesn't go boffing his dad's chick? Or vice versa? I didn't like Chiana for a while after that. Though, really... it was Jothee's fault, just the same.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:06 AM   #8
Anglorfin
Alasailon

On a related note, my guitar's name is Chiana. Wondering why?

Last edited by Anglorfin : 06-29-2003 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:30 PM   #9
Ruinel
Banned

Well, I suppose if you have to name an innanimate object after a Farscape character, Chiana is a good one. Though, Eryn was pretty cool too. Always kicking butt and never taking crap.

Eh... then she got all maternal when she got preggers. Do you think they should have gone that way in the show? I mean, did you really want to see her and Crighton get married? I didn't.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:26 PM   #10
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Not really, but after three seasons of them just cuddling around you'd think that something would eventually have to happen. Though I'd much rather prefer it if Moya got pregnant again

Old 06-30-2003, 10:31 AM   #11
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Not really, but after three seasons of them just cuddling around you'd think that something would eventually have to happen. Though I'd much rather prefer it if Moya got pregnant again
Yeah... but by her (Moya's) own will and not some Peacekeeper plot.

Well... I think it was gonna happen (the hook up between John and Eryn). But, hello? No birth control? What's up with that? Surely they could have popped off at the nearest inhabited planet for a box of Trojans. Really irresponsible.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:09 PM   #12
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Or they could have asked Noranti to whip something up. She always seemed ready with a quick drug remedy of some kind. Either that or just blowing sand into Crichton's eyes.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:09 PM   #13
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Or they could have asked Noranti to whip something up. She always seemed ready with a quick drug remedy of some kind. Either that or just blowing sand into Crichton's eyes.
Yeah... Very true. But would you trust your night with a chick to Noranti? I would suspect there'd be a little Anglorfin Jr running around if you did that.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:12 PM   #14
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I wouldn't really trust Noranti either. At least she isn't "bad" as we think of Sikozu as bad. Noranti is more like the person that does stuff just for her own stupid amusement. I guess she's more like Chiana in that respect. Whenever there is no immediate danger she always finds some way to occupy herself by screwing around until she manages to create a situation that amuses her.

As to protection, who knows? Maybe Sebbaceans are allergic to latex, though I'm sure it would be a wise precaution for the Peacekeepers to have some protection especially if they engage in "recreational sex for the release of extra bodily fluids" fairly regularly with somewhat severe penalties for pregnancies. Maybe Aeryn wanted a baby . . .

Old 07-03-2003, 10:07 PM   #15
Ruinel
Banned

I don't think she wanted a baby. I got the distinct impression taht it just happened. like... oops!

Noranti acts like she knows waht is best for everyone. but she means no harm. just that she takes chances and sometimes others pay the penalties for her mistakes.

I think she is different from Chiana. Chiana does what is best for Chiana. If that helps others, that's great. She knows that she benefits if the crew benefits. So, she is a part of the team. She spent all that time on her own, surviving by any means possible. That is a hard habit to break, I assume.

But Noranti, she's more a governess. And she does things she thinks are in that person's best interest, though, she doesn't seem to know what she is doing all of the time.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:19 PM   #16
Yamagata
Sapling

Farscape was my all time favourite program. it had some of the coolest villans ever in Scorpy and Crais, some excellent action scenes and a lead character who I actually LIKED. I want it back dammit!!

"Iron Maiden's gonna get ya no matter how far"
Yamagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 07:29 PM   #17
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamagata
Farscape was my all time favourite program. it had some of the coolest villans ever in Scorpy and Crais, some excellent action scenes and a lead character who I actually LIKED. I want it back dammit!!
*pats Yamagata on the back* we all want it back.

I liked Crais as a villan because you never knew if you could truely trust him or not.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:16 PM   #18
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Crais was awesome. Especially the ending episode where
he blows Talyn and himself up in order to disable the command carrier.
I thought that was so cool of him. And I never knew until recently that he does the voicing for Pilot.

Old 07-08-2003, 02:26 AM   #19
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Getting back to villians (since Rune has been absent for a while )

Out of any TV series or movies or any other forms of entertainment I will maintain that Scorpius is one of the best villians of all time.

One the outside he has had a typical good guy tragic story. Which is why from different perspectives it is easy to put Scorpius in the "hero" category. He was the offspring of two species, the strong and brutal Scarrans and the "weaker" Sebacceans. His birth was complicated enough, and the mingling of Scarran and Sebaccean DNA produced some interesting mutations.

His weakness comes from the fact that his Scarran self emits a lot of body heat when exerting himself, while the Sebacceans suffer from "heat delirium" which ultimately kills them. Nonetheless he is still very strong and while his skin lacks the toughness of a Scarran's, he still manages to endure tremendous amounts of bodily injury, partly due to his half Scarran nature and partly due to the fact that he was continously tortured for the first 12 years of his life.

His early torture taught him to endure, not only strengthening body but also strengthening mind, which would become Scorpius's main weapon. He learned that he could sense body heat like no other, realizing that different species give off their own unique heat mappings. He could even sense fluctuations in that heat and distinguish different feelings this way.

So an interesting anatomical being, but why the hero status? Well if you were a Peacekeeper trying to "save" the universe from apparently imminent Scarran takeover, you might look at this scientist as your last hope for survival and victory. Despite the methods that he uses, Scorpius is still fighting for a seemingly good cause. He could be known as the man that gave Peacekeepers the weapon they needed to save the universe.

Old 07-09-2003, 06:41 PM   #20
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Crais was awesome. Especially the ending episode where
he blows Talyn and himself up in order to disable the command carrier.
I thought that was so cool of him. And I never knew until recently that he does the voicing for Pilot.
I didn't know he was the voice of Pilot! Wow!

It was that episode where I knew where his heart was. But until then, I never really knew if I could trust him.