Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
Isabelle Allende's Alexander Cold Trilogy Heads to Big Screen

Quote:
January 17, 2006 - Walden Media announced today that it has obtained the rights to Isabel Allende's young adult trilogy which features a young adventurer named Alexander Cold. The first book is entitled City of Beasts, which will also be the first film.The trilogy is a co-venture with publisher HarperCollins, who also partnered with Walden Media and Walt Disney Pictures on the recent success, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. This is a very early announcement, so no casting or crew has been announced. The film features two key roles, that of 15-year-old Alexander Cold and his 12-year-old partner in adventure, Nadia Santos. The story is set in the Amazon rain forest, where Alex is spending the summer with his eccentric archaeologist grandmother. During this expedition, the two children, Alex and Nadia, are kidnapped by the "People of the Mist" where they soon enter a mountain and discover a mythical city of City of Beasts was published in 2002 and became an international bestseller. Two follow-ups, Kingdom of the Golden Dragon and Forest of the Pygmies, were published in 2004 and 2005 respectively. f El Dorado as well as the titular "Beasts."
Walden Media exec vice president Alex Schwartz says, "Walden Media's commitment to collaborate with world-class authors and great children's literature continues with our partnership with Isabel Allende. Allende's trilogy follows in the grand tradition of The Chronicles of Narnia and The Dark is Rising of thrilling fantasy epics that are ideally suited to become successful family franchises. We look forward to working with Ms. Allende, Barrie Osborne, and David Rothenberg on this truly exciting project."
any comment's?
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote