Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #7
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Tonight's the third episode. I cannot wait. Tony's laid up in the hospital right now, with a giant gaping open wound in his gut from Uncle Junior shooting him Jack Ruby style at close range. While he lays there, deep in a coma, his mind and spirit are busy dealing with a sort of taste of what purgatory could be like, and he's struggling to find himself and get some answers about who he is. The whole Kevin Finnerty lost identity/being stuck in a parallel what-if life of being a schmucky, rather pussy-ish yet successful traveling salesman, is dripping with endless symbolism and deliberate clues are placed everywhere by the brilliant David Chase for us to think about. So many clues!! So much symbolism!

A.J. (Robert Iler) cannot act. We all always knew this, but now it's not cute anymore, because he's all grown up. It's one thing when a kid can't act - I mean what does he have to be, just a spoiled, vacuous video-game-playing boy in the background, right? No strech. But now Robert Iler is all grown up, and it's difficult to deal with his flabberghastingly crazy-bad acting. Well, whatever. At least he's there; I'd hate to not be able to see his character throughout this last season. Even through the bad acting, I love his character, because well let's face it, he's a Soprano.

Carmella can act. I bet Edie Falco gets some kind of rewards and statuettes for this season's performance. If last week's episode is going to be any kind of indicator of her work for the rest of the season, then Carmella deserves the most prestigious statuette she can get in the world of thespianism.

Does anyone have any predictions or speculation to share here, or am I the only one in this forum who is such a Sopranos enthusiast? I have a terrible feeling I'm the only Mooter with a thing for The Sopranos. Please, someone join in the discussion! Anyone?

Anyone?

*crickets chirp. A pin drops.*

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 03-26-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote