Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 06:04 PM   #1
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

All members familiarize yourselves

Apparently, it seems that people don't care to read Entmoots rules when they register, especially those that like to flame in this forum. So, I have made it a little easier for all of you to become familiar with the posting policies. Now, there will be no excuse for anyone to not be aware of the rules. The staff at Entmoot welcomes any questions or comments you may have. Please read the rules and follow them, newbies, and senior members alike.

Entmoot Rules

Welcome to Entmoot, the official discussion board of The Tolkien Trail! We sincerely hope that you enjoy your stay here. Entmoot is a thriving community of over a thousand members. You must register in order to post. Registration is free. To register, you must agree to the following rules:

Trolling (posting with the sole intent of causing trouble or insulting), spamming/flooding (posting the same messages over and over again or in multiple forums) and flaming (insulting) are not permitted. Advertising other sites is not allowed either, except for in one designated thread. If it pertains to the discussion, you can post a link; we just don't want you to start a thread merely to advertise your site, since this clutters up the board, and we're not paying for Entmoot to provide free exposure for your site.

Keep in mind that we have many children, some under 13, posting here. Thus, keeping profanity and inappropriate content to a minimum would be appreciated. Vulgar usernames will be changed. Think of the board being rated a PG-13, the rating given to the LotR movies.

Don't insult people. If you are just joking around, make sure you include a smiley so that the person knows it; that person might otherwise interpret it as a personal attack. Remember that sarcasm is hard to detect from text.

The administrators and moderators of Entmoot reserve the right to close/edit/delete any post made on this board, for any reason. All posts reflect the views of the author, and are not necessarily the opinions of the staff of Entmoot, the Tolkien Trail, or Jelsoft (makers of vBulletin). We make all attempts to remove objectionable content, but we cannot be held responsible for the comments of others.

New users should introduce themselves in the Official Welcome Thread, and not start their own introduction thread. Threads proclaiming the status of your title are only allowed at the Elven Lord (500 posts) level, if attained 45 days or more after initial registration. (This is to discourage spamming). Members reaching the Elven Lord level are also entitled to a custom title.

If you wish to contact an individual member of the board, please use the Private Message (PM) feature instead of posting. If you have a complaint about another member or disagree with the actions of a moderator, PM the appropriate moderator. If no response is received within a timely manner, you should contact other admins/mods, and not post your grievances on the board.

Before starting a thread, browse previous threads or use the search feature (located at the top of the board) to see if the topic has been touched recently. If it has been discussed in the past 4 pages of the forum, or the past six months, use the original topic. Redundant threads will be closed, in order to avoid having members repeat themselves unnecessarily. Some of those threads may be long, but if you want people to read your messages, you should have the courtesy to read theirs.

Threads asking questions already answered in the Entmoot FAQ will be closed, so please check there first. If you have another question about the technical aspects of the board, please contact an administrator via PM.

Depending on the severity of the offense, one or more punishments may be administered. A warning will be given out to minor offenders. The next steps are 24-hour bans, 48-hour bans, week-long bans, permanent banning, and as a last resort, IP banning. However, we may move directly to IP banning depending on the circumstances. We ban people, not usernames, so if you troll using one username, all the other usernames posting from your computer may also be banned.

We reserve the right to change these rules whenever we deem necessary; it is your responsibility to keep up with (and adhere to) the latest version. When the rules are changed, an announcement will be made.

Revision history: v 1.0, December 1999; v 2.0, May 1st, 2001; v 2.1, August 10th, 2001; v 2.5, June 15th, 2002.

Hit the Agree button if you agree, and make sure you remain familiar with the rules - ignorance is no excuse.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-14-2003, 06:43 PM   #2
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

*ponders*

Y'know I'm sure I've read something like that before somewhere

*bump-the-bump*

And me just calmed down with me manic 'moot posting

Beatallica
Old 07-14-2003, 06:49 PM   #3
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Y'know I'm sure I've read something like that before somewhere
Could have fooled me.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-14-2003, 08:04 PM   #4
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Now you two .... *wags finger* - C'mon, send virtual kisses to each other and make up!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 07-14-2003, 08:10 PM   #5
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by R*an
Now you two .... *wags finger* - C'mon, send virtual kisses to each other and make up!
Oh now, Rian, the big rabbit knows I'm kidding with him, don'tcha guy? xxxxoooo.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-14-2003, 08:16 PM   #6
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Oh now, Rian, the big rabbit knows I'm kidding with him, don'tcha guy? xxxxoooo.
O'course I do SGH (I'll still take the kisses tho' ) MWAH!

Just a bit o' banter to keep the thread at the top of the New Posts Rian

Beatallica
Old 07-14-2003, 08:24 PM   #7
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I know, but I just wanted to see the two of you exchange kisses!

Awwww, that's sweet!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 07-14-2003, 08:30 PM   #8
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
O'course I do SGH (I'll still take the kisses tho' ) MWAH!

Just a bit o' banter to keep the thread at the top of the New Posts Rian
Well, the thread is stuck Coney. It's not going anywhere. If someone posts in the "welcome" thread it will just go below it. that's as far down as it will drop.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-14-2003, 08:30 PM   #9
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by R*an
I know, but I just wanted to see the two of you exchange kisses!

Awwww, that's sweet!
Behave yer'll make me

Quote:
Well, the thread is stuck Coney. It's not going anywhere. If someone posts in the "welcome" thread it will just go below it. that's as far down as it will drop.
No more kisses

While I'm here.........any chance of making the Happy Birthday thread a sticky as well? It can take some finding if non of the regular members has had a B'day in a while.

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 07-14-2003 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:34 PM   #10
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Let's get on track here. This thread is about the rules of Entmoot, and any questions or comments anyone wishes to make.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-14-2003, 09:05 PM   #11
Rían

OK, back on track! Yes, I think the rules are very good, and everyone should read them, and I really appreciate the PG-13 tone of the thread, and the overall politeness and intelligence level, and also the great senses of humor! I think Tolkien would approve of these rules.

*sends a kiss off to SGH and Coney*

Old 07-14-2003, 09:33 PM   #12
Elf Girl
Lurker

Was this thread directed at a certain, er, smelly orc?
Old 07-14-2003, 09:49 PM   #13
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
Was this thread directed at a certain, er, smelly orc?
This thread is directed to all members. In light of the many flame wars and all the country bashing that has recently been occurring in this forum, it just seems that people are not too familiar with the rules. Now they have them right at their fingertips and have no excuse to not follow them.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-14-2003, 09:52 PM   #14
Elf Girl
Lurker

Ah. But we do hope the smelly orc will read them, right?
Old 07-14-2003, 09:56 PM   #15
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Of course, and IIRC, we have a few "smelly Orcs" on the board. Everyone should read them, even if they read them when they registered just to keep up on them.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-15-2003, 12:31 AM   #16
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
where is "the ben" and "orlandos gurl"
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:44 AM   #17
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
This thread is directed to all members. In light of the many flame wars and all the country bashing that has recently been occurring in this forum, it just seems that people are not too familiar with the rules. Now they have them right at their fingertips and have no excuse to not follow them.
D*mn!

Does this mean I have to start posting sensible posts? On-topic?
Quote:
Of course, and IIRC, we have a few "smelly Orcs" on the board. Everyone should read them, even if they read them when they registered just to keep up on them.
To be honest I didn't read the rules when I joined. As long as you have some common sense rules shouldn't be necessary...

Also because the rules are almost identical on every forum through the net: You've read the rules on one board, you've read them on every board.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:06 AM   #18
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

I have read them again(read them when signing up) so i no it now really well!
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 07-15-2003, 11:09 AM   #19
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Falagar
D*mn!

Does this mean I have to start posting sensible posts? On-topic?
I've never known you to post otherwise Falagar.

Quote:
To be honest I didn't read the rules when I joined. As long as you have some common sense rules shouldn't be necessary...

Also because the rules are almost identical on every forum through the net: You've read the rules on one board, you've read them on every board.
The rules may be similiar, but vary from board to board. If you read the rules at SF-Fandom, you will see that they are a bit tougher, and there are more of them. And yes, it only takes common sense to post on a messageboard the right way, unfortunately some people don't have much of that, and then there are the ones that simply do not care about the rules at all.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-15-2003, 11:24 AM   #20
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i havent read the rules but i seem to be doing okay. maybe ill read them if i have free time
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
Closed Thread