Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion > The Silmarillion Project
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-20-2002, 10:45 AM   #21
Lefty Scaevola
AngAdan

18 and 20 are very closely related, and much of the dicussion on and speculation on strgtey and heroic warfareoverlaps. I quess I should take both the major battles. Since much of the material will be usefull to both chapter, Rather than starting a near threa for #20, we may want to revive the #18 thread when starting the #20 discussion.
"Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor, but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Iluvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, ... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me,"
Lefty Scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 08:59 PM   #22
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

As of right now, these are the chapters that are taken:

Valaquenta- Rian
Chapter 3- Artanis
Chapter 4- Elanor Gamgee
Chapter 10- Elanor Gamgee
Chapter17- SGH
Chapter 18- Lefty Scaevola
Chapter 19- SGH
Chapter 20- Lefty Scaevola
Chapter 23- Maedhros
Chapter 24- Elvet

All other chapters are available.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 09:02 PM   #23
Elvet
Elven Warrior

Don't forget me - Chapter 24
Old 11-20-2002, 09:05 PM   #24
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

OK, I'll take Valaquenta to keep things moving, but I only have BoLT 2 and Morgoth's Ring (in addition to Hobbit, LoTR and Sil, of course!), so I'll need some help Oh, I also have "letters", which I love to quote at great length . Do you have it yet, SGH?

Oh, also Unfinished Tales.

Maedhros, could you edit your first post on the thread to show people's names for the chapters they have? Or can SGH, with her mighty admin powers, do this?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 11-20-2002 at 09:08 PM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 09:10 PM   #25
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvet
Don't forget me - Chapter 24
What a muddlehead I am Elvet. I don't know how I missed you, but you'll be up there in about 30 seconds.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 11-21-2002, 06:08 PM   #26
Maedhros
The Tall

I have updated the Chapter assignements in the first post of the thread. I will finish the calendar and post it too.
Note: I had already chosen Chapter 23 when I posted it, sorry Cirdan.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Maedhros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 06:21 AM   #27
Elanor Gamgee
Hobbit

Sam Gamgee

Sister,
Thanks for updating the assignments and putting me in. Let's see if Thingol is the greatest jerk in Middle-earth
Nor bid the stars farewell.
Elanor Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 08:30 AM   #28
Morgan
Sapling

Strider Elwë Again?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Elanor Gamgee
Sister,
Thanks for updating the assignments and putting me in. Let's see if Thingol is the greatest jerk in Middle-earth
Elanor,
I couldn't resisit poking my head in here. I see you STILL have it in for Elwë!

Anyway, it's nice to have my rusty self up on a board with you again!
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 10:52 AM   #29
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Re: Elwë Again?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan
Elanor,
I couldn't resisit poking my head in here. I see you STILL have it in for Elwë!

Anyway, it's nice to have my rusty self up on a board with you again!
Morgan, is that you? Welcome to Entmoot. You are very welcome to join our little project if you wish. We could use your scholarly input.

Elanor, welcome to the project, and nice to see your back.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 11-26-2002, 11:01 AM   #30
Elanor Gamgee
Hobbit

Sister, thanks for welcome! I hope you won't regret it
Morgan, being at a forum with you is joy indeed
As for Elwe, the least I can say is that with Melian being unable to leave Aman (embodied or not), and quite low competition from Humans in this world I feel quite safe. Happen what may, my soft spot for Sindar does not diminish
Old 11-27-2002, 05:06 AM   #31
Morgan
Sapling

Strider Hail Champion of Finrod

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Morgan, is that you? Welcome to Entmoot. You are very welcome to join our little project if you wish. We could use your scholarly input.
Sister,
Yes, for better or for worse it's me!
I would love to help with your little project. Speak, friend of Finrod and tell me that which must be done!

Quote:

Morgan, being at a forum with you is joy indeed
As for Elwe, the least I can say is that with Melian being unable to leave Aman (embodied or not), and quite low competition from Humans in this world I feel quite safe. Happen what may, my soft spot for Sindar does not diminish
Don't be so sure my dear Hobbit, I believe Elwë still has a fairly significant support crew residing in Middle earth.
BTW, does that soft spot of yours happen to frequent hay stacks?!
Old 11-27-2002, 02:34 PM   #32
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Re: Hail Champion of Finrod

Quote:
Sister,
Yes, for better or for worse it's me!
I would love to help with your little project. Speak, friend of Finrod and tell me that which must be done!

Wonderful! All you have to do is choose one or more of the available chapters from the Silmarillion, research it along with any other texts you may have that relate to the subject of that chapter. When the time comes, you will post the intro to the discussion of that chapter, and I will stick it to the top of the main forum page. Discussion of each chapter will last approximately 3 weeks.

You can go to the main forum page and read the threads that are stuck, for further info.

Welcome aboard.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 11-27-2002, 09:57 PM   #33
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Hello! Could I do one? Could I do Turin Turambar (21)? Please? Thank you. (This looks really interesting;I'll be looking forward to the beginning!)
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 02:18 AM   #34
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Renille
Hello! Could I do one? Could I do Turin Turambar (21)? Please? Thank you. (This looks really interesting;I'll be looking forward to the beginning!)
You sure can do one Renille, and chapter 21 is yours.

The beginning has begun. We are finishing up the Ainulindale, and Rian will introduce Valaquenta on Friday.

Welcome to the project.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 11-28-2002, 05:22 AM   #35
Morgan
Sapling

Strider Hobbit???

Quote:
Wonderful! All you have to do is choose one or more of the available chapters from the Silmarillion, research it along with any other texts you may have that relate to the subject of that chapter. When the time comes, you will post the intro to the discussion of that chapter, and I will stick it to the top of the main forum page. Discussion of each chapter will last approximately 3 weeks.

You can go to the main forum page and read the threads that are stuck, for further info.

Welcome aboard.
Thanks Sister!
I was also wondering why I suddenly have the title Hobbit under my appellation? I certainly am not one! It's Elven blood through and through for me! So, does this mean that I get to choose a new title?
Old 11-28-2002, 12:22 PM   #36
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Re: Hobbit???

Quote:
Thanks Sister!
I was also wondering why I suddenly have the title Hobbit under my appellation? I certainly am not one! It's Elven blood through and through for me! So, does this mean that I get to choose a new title?
From the frequently asked questions:

This text is called a title. The standard titles have Middle-earth themes and change based on how many posts you have. The titles do not have any practical function, though. Here are the titles:

Sapling: 0-2 posts
Hobbit: 3-49 posts
Enting: 50-99 posts
Elven Warrior: 100-499 posts
Elf Lord: 500+ posts

The default titles for moderators and administrators are "Huorn" and "Ent," respectively. Staff members and certain users may have their own custom titles. In some situations, the title "Smelly Orc" is given to spammers.

Once you reach 500 posts Morgan, you may choose a custom title.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 11-28-2002, 01:19 PM   #37
Elanor Gamgee
Hobbit

Re: Re: Hobbit???

Quote:
From the frequently asked questions:
<skip>
Once you reach 500 posts Morgan, you may choose a custom title.
Something to look forward to, indeed! Though I think I would prefer to remain Hobbit, whatever the number of my posts
BTW, Sister, your own title is impressive, as well as the number of posts
Old 11-28-2002, 01:25 PM   #38
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Hobbit???

Quote:
Something to look forward to, indeed! Though I think I would prefer to remain Hobbit, whatever the number of my posts
BTW, Sister, your own title is impressive, as well as the number of posts
The number of posts I have is a ficticous amount. It was done to prevent members from spamming to achieve a higher count. If you wish your title to be Hobbit, then after you reach 500 posts, I can put it back to Hobbit. Btw, how do you like my signature?

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 11-28-2002, 01:32 PM   #39
Elanor Gamgee
Hobbit

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hobbit???

Quote:
The number of posts I have is a ficticous amount. It was done to prevent members from spamming to achieve a higher count. If you wish your title to be Hobbit, then after you reach 500 posts, I can put it back to Hobbit. Btw, how do you like my signature?
Re: signature - I do like it. BTW, I would hardly expect anything... err... less Finrod-oriented
BTW, how do you like mine? I have just changed it.
Old 11-28-2002, 01:40 PM   #40
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hobbit???

Quote:
Re: signature - I do like it. BTW, I would hardly expect anything... err... less Finrod-oriented
BTW, how do you like mine? I have just changed it.
Very nice.

Travel and Tourism Guide