Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2002, 07:59 PM   #1
Yazad
Enting

Favorite character interpretations kinda poll thingie...

Howdy Mooters!

I've been listening to the BBC radio drama of the Fellowship the past few days, and I kept asking myself whether or not I preferred this version of any given character or someone else's interpretation. I figured this might be an interesting thing for people who to sound off on. I'm always curious about what folk's feelings are.

Anyway, as it is we have four dramatic interpretations of FotR to choose from unless I'm mighty mistook.

1. The Mind's Eye radio drama
2. The BBC Radio Drama
3. The Bakshi film
4. The Jackson film

I've worked out my favorite for each character (reserving the right to change my mind at a moment's notice). If anyone else is interested, please chime in. Also, please state if you haven't experienced any of the above versions. Keeping in mind, they're just your opinions on any given character/situation, and that each of the above is a distinct piece art, and so each is going to treat every character/situation differently. You're, of course, welcome to add new categories too. Your judgements should extend only as far as FotR goes (no fair thinking ahead as Jackson can't compete with your favor deigned from TT of X,Y or Z, and Bakshi can't compete with RotK.).

- Yazad opinions -

Gandalf: Mind's Eye (very close Jackson runner-up. Very close, maybe a tie)
Bilbo: Mind's Eye
Frodo: Bakshi
Sam: BBC
Pippin: Mind's Eye
Merry: Bakshi
Legolas: Mind's Eye
Gimli: Mind's Eye
Strider: Bakshi
Boromir: Jackson
Saruman: BBC
Gollum: Jackson
Elrond: Bakshi