Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Erebor Rebuilt - Discussion thread

I've been running around with an interesting idea for a RPG and since all the other are still in hibernation of sorts, and as I was planning on a Hobbit-re-read anyway, I thought 'why not?'

Game thread is here.

Players and Characters
Acalewia: Celebfin
Eärniel: Thorin III Stonehelm
..........Rithelle Sailmaker
Tessar: Sanders Longreach
Varnafindë: Galadhlin
................Bard the Bowman

The Idea: It's one year since the death of Smaug. Dale is in the process of rebuilding under Bard's supervision. Many people still live in camps with supplies coming regularly from the Mirkwood Elves and the Iron Hill Dwarves. Erebor has been only partly in use. A small group of Dwarves have been left by the newly crowned King DaÃ*n to make the mountain ready for full inhabitation while he and most of his people remain in the Iron Hills and other dwarven settlements untill that time. A small number of Lake Town refugees also live here as curtesy of King DaÃ*n. They are still cleaning out the deeper tunnels and caverns on the Mountain of which there are a surprising number, it seems.

There is much work to be done, and many new opportunities present themselves. And there's peace, friendship and aid between races of the region. A council with members from the Elven, human and Dwarven communities has been established for the time being to uphold leadership and justice. Everything is looking up.

Or is it?

There are a few... troubling occurances. Nothing serious, mind. Odd finds of ashes. Strange noises at night. Rumours of people disappearing. Nothing could be confirmed despite efforts, there's still much chaos and many people simply move on without telling anyone. A tent camp is not a pleasant way of living and Dale only has a few inhabitable houses so far. Some don't want to stick around waiting that long.

The Question: I can't do much without people wanting to play, so is there any interest in this game?

I intend to make this game less strictly organised than LLL. People will be able to make their own storylines with more freedom, although I will be poking people occassionally to keep things moving. You can play pretty much any free race available. There are Elves, Men and Dwarves present to choose from. Other races are also allowed as long as it makes sense for your character to be there. So wandering Hobbits of the Tookish variety, or foreign traders are also welcome. You can pick anything as long as your character fits Tolkien's writing. (So please no reformed Orcs or Hobbit-wizards.) More characters allowed per player as long as you can keep track of them all.