Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-17-2002, 12:25 PM   #1
Lothsell
Sapling

Location: Somewhere in the Orion arm of the Milky Way. Other than that, uh, not certain.
Gandalf Revenge of the Shadow

This will be the first RP I've started, so.....

The start setting will be a few years after LotR. The Shadow (not the movie character) is rebuilding much sooner than expected, and attention seems to be focused on a volcanic rock in the possession of a Gondorian scholar. Gimli and Legolas are still in Middle Earth (Gimli rocks!), and rumour has it that the Nine have returned in the north.

Oddball creatures (Faeries, Modern people, Xena-like Elf Maidens, Aliens, whatever) are allowed, as long as a serious, LOGICAL reason can be found for their presence. I'll allow a time-space portal in Mithlond.

My Character

Name: Dinenthor (Silent Eagle)

Species: Human

Appearance: Medium height, long thinning hair the colour of charcoal, matching beard, still in good shape, absentminded yet easygoing manner that relaxes all who meet him.

History: Born and raised in Minas Tirith, Dinenthor is the local crackpot. He was too old to fight in the War of the Ring, but stayed in the city during the siege. He is grateful that King Elessar takes him more seriously than "ol' Denny" did. After the fall of Mordor, Dinenthor traveled in the ruined land, returning with some odd rocks...

Last edited by Lothsell : 07-17-2002 at 12:27 PM.
Lothsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 12:30 PM   #2
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

hows this?

name:Sicirus
race: half wizard
Appearence: short, curly brown haire, blue eyes, artistic, has a staff and pet hibred wolf.

history: father is Saruman who taughet her some magic. gandalf as well taughet her. Born in Rohan, raised in Isengared after the death of her mother. weapone is staff and bow.traveled to Rivendell to learn more.

sicirus glanced at the horizen of Rivendell and sighed. its hard to leave that place. she thought to her self. Sicirus was traveling to Rohan after the departure of the elves and Gandalf. she hada long trip ahead of her and had to stop by Bree for food stock and another horse besides Celebcu the horse given to her by Gandalf and Elrond. She petted her companion cody the wolf on the head. He was the only wolf to be on the good side during the war.
She arrived in Bree and was startled by a rumur that was going around. She listend to an old man sitting inside a crowed of people.
"The black riders have retournd and they are after us all." he said
Sicirus had heard tales of the war and blackriders from Bilbo and Gandalf. She had thought ther were destroyed. Sicirus decided it was best to leave that night to Lothlorien after her shopping was done and get away from the apparently mad people of Bree. but she could not help thinking that that man was right and her journey would be more dangerouse than she thought. She left the Inn and started her preperations.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:41 AM   #3
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
that sounds neat-o. How'd you like my character??

Name = Dolenloteiel
Species = Elf and 1/4 human
Age = 100 years old
Location = Lothlorien
Hair color = Dirty Blonde
Eyes = Bright blue

Story = An unknown elf in Lothlorien, watched from a distance as the Fellowship entered into Galadrim. To young to be part of anything. Idolizes Galadriel and Celeborn, while still practicing waeponry. Weapons used are a bow, arrows, one dagger, and one knife. Skiled in all of these, Dolenloteiel is a deadly killer.
Ask me anything
"I have not failed, I've only found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
"Yay, I can hear the voices in my head again!
Dolenloteiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 11:45 AM   #4
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I thought the story was after the war of the rings!

sicirus continues on the trail to Lorien. Sicirus walked on the trail she heard horse beats on the dirt road behind her. she dodged out the way into a large bush for cover as a large black horse and rider rushed by. followed by severale more. sicirus sighed in relief. She decided it was time to go through the mountains. She finally reached the woods of Lorien.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:16 PM   #5
entss89
lord of the ents

Strider

how is this?

name: aralorn
speices:3/4 men 1/4 elf
hair color: dirty brown.
eyes: dark blue.

history: aragon son, raised up in Rohun but later went traviling with my father when old enough.weapon is: sword and bow givin down by my father. my father died when i was 16 and i never met my mother. so i went to rivindell to live for a while.

Just a little while after my farthers death I went to Rivindell and was sitting down to my supper, when suddenly I overheard a stranger in the courner with the most beaten up face I have ever seen. He was talking so fast I could barely hear him but I managed to get three words which where: nine, black, left. Then suddenly I started to put the puzzle togeather and I noticed that the nazguls have left, I jump up and told lord Elrond I was sorry but I had to go, he excused me and I left for the villige of Bree where there is always the best news.

Last edited by entss89 : 09-06-2002 at 06:21 PM.
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 08:33 PM   #6
entss89
lord of the ents

Treebeard hi

ooc: is thier any one out there to start this rpg?
Old 09-12-2002, 04:42 PM   #7
entss89
lord of the ents

Treebeard

OCC: lets start this rpg!

After I left from rivendell on my noble steed langswift, I went traveling to Bree but something slowed me down, it was orcs!
As soon as i saw them i got out my sword and went to battle!
Suddenly when i was on my last couple of orcs thier was one that came up behind me and slashed me thru my side, I went growning with pain but i knew if i did not end this they would end me, so i got up and cried out my languege and killed the rest of them. Suddenly I fell on the hard ground and looked at my gash it was terribly bad, but i wound it up with a cloth and went on too my destination, Bree!

entss89
Old 09-13-2002, 05:49 PM   #8
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
The Elves are leaving Middle Earth. Lothlorien and Rivendell will soon be empty. Their grace and splendour will be cold and lifeless without the Elves dwelling in their midst. I looked down upon the many horses ready to depart. Their number had increased over the past few years, but I was not ready to depart Middle Earth. I was in love with it. But my family would not let me stay with the small number of Elves who would not leave.
"You are needed, my daughter. You strength will help your brother cope." my Father, Caarnion had said. But my brother, Vanadas needed no help, for he was eager to depart from Middle Earth. From my vantage point in the tree, I could see that Galadriel was walking past the horses and towards the vale that contained her mirror. I hurried to follow her. I followed the Lady of Light into the Vale and watched as she poured water into her mirror.
"Dolenloteiel, daughter of Caarnion and Varnen. You have come to me, seeking guidance. But it is guidance that I can not give. For your future is as clouded as your past." At this, I was confused, and bewildered My past? What was wrong with my past? "Daughter of Lorien. Look into the Mirror of Galadriel, and see you future." galadriel gestured to the Mirror, and I stepped upon the pedestal and looked in.
Ask me anything
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
Old 09-14-2002, 01:45 PM   #9
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Finally arriving in Lothlorien I watched as the elves started preparing to leave. I rushed over to find Galadriel to tell her about the return of the nine Nazgul. I found her by her mirror and she was puring water into the viel and was talking to a young elf. I decided to not bother them and watch. The young elf looked into the mirror and seemed troubled about something. i also recalled my encouter with a man on his way to Bree. He seemed torn up. I just passed silently on the side of the road to avoid his sight. People I have always known to hate wolves save my friends in Lorein. Especially Galadriel and Harpcu.
Old 09-14-2002, 06:26 PM   #10
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

The mirror rippled as if it were alive, and Galadriel stepped back, and watched me as I peered into it's depths. Suddenly, a wizard like girl rippled into view. She carried a staff, as Olorin does, and was followed by a wolf. She peered up into my face, and seemed to read my thoughts. I jerked my gaze from her as the mirror rippled again. This time, a mortal filled the mirror, but his glance did not pierce me, and I enjoyed studying his athletic face, for it did not seem as if he knew what I was thinking, although he was older than most mortal men. Then my Parents and my brother peered up at me, and they disolved, and in their place, stood the Melkor/Morgoth, who was raising his face. His face was that of my father. I gasped and with great difficulty wrenched away from the pedestal.
Galadriel looked into my troubled face, then said, "Daughter of Lorien, flee. Flee these woods, for your future is not withing these trees." I nodded and turned to leave. But then, in my way was the girl in the mirror. Her gaze was not piercing, but concerned. She grasped her staff frimly, and reached down to touch her wolf. I asped again, then brushed past her and ran towards my home, to... my family.
Ask me anything
-Thomas Edison
Old 09-14-2002, 08:19 PM   #11
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

The young elf started towards were I was standing. She looked troubled. I wondered what she saw in the mirror. The elf ran past by me quickly. I at once noticed she glanced at me quickly then ran past me. I decided to tell Galadriel what I saw later and insted(sp) I followed the young elf into the forest. She was fast but i cought up quickly and saw that when she saw me she ran faster and I lost her. i turned back and headed towards Galadriel. When I got to her she seemed to read my mind.( I highly doubted that she had not read my mind litterly). "Dolenlonteiel is troubled with a descision she must make. She wants to stay in Middle Earth. Yet her father wants her to come with them to Valinar. She has seen her future in the viel. She will choose her path wisely." said Galadriel. i explained to Galadriel of what I saw and she showed no sighn of surprise. Galadriel was one of the only two legged creature that knew my toung. I was thankful for this. i loved to be in conversation with her. galadriel looked at me with a worried look. "Middle Earth is in peril once more. The future for it now I'm afraid lies in the path of Dolenlonteiel and maybe another warrior which she has seen." said Galadriel.

I wimpered as I thought of Galadreil' sdeparture. She bent down and gave me a kiss and strocked my head gently. I licked her hand affectionatly then left with a heavy heart. I decided to make another attempt to find the young elf.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:34 PM   #12
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

I looked behind me, and saw pursuit. panicing, I ran faster and faster, and then I realized I was alone. Weaving among the trees, I reached my home, and sprinted up the steps into my room. Everything was in order, but Varnen, my Mother had laid out my traveling cloack and pack, filled with food for the journey. I ignored both, and strode to the weapons rack on the far wall. I grabbed my bow and the quiver filled with arrows. Throwing them on the table, I turned again and took my dagger, (polished wooden handle) and sheath and slipped them into my boot. For th
Old 09-14-2002, 08:39 PM   #13
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

I looked behind me, and saw pursuit. panicing, I ran faster and faster, and then I realized I was alone. Weaving among the trees, I reached my home, and sprinted up the steps into my room. Everything was in order, but Varnen, my Mother had laid out my traveling cloack and pack, filled with food for the journey. I ignored both, and strode to the weapons rack on the far wall. I grabbed my bow and the quiver filled with arrows. Throwing them on the table, I turned again and took my dagger, (polished wooden handle) and sheath and slipped them into my boot. For the last time, I reached into the rack pulled out my long knife. This was a thing of beauty. It belonged to my distant relative, dwelling in Rivendell, who already left Middle Earth. As a gift to me, she gave me this long knife. It's smooth steel blade carved with runes and lettering of the Elves, It's polished handle smooth and worn with years of use. I grabbed it and it's sheath and hooked them onto my belt. Closing the rack, I turned and found Vanadas stanidng in the doorway. His long, lean frame resting against the wall.
"Dolenloteiel, do not forget the council meeting tonight. Mother wanted you to ready the horses." Vanadas reminded me.
"Vanadas, The Lady of light has requested my presence tonight. Will you ready the horses, for me?" She asked. Vanadas frowned. seeing this, I quickly said, "I'll ready my own horse, alright?" He nodded and left the room. I sighed with relief as a plan formulated itself in my head. Readying the horses took at least a week. I'll hide my things in the lodge at edge of the forest, and on the eve of departure, I'll slip away, and flee to Minas Tirith or some other city. I hid my things and went to find Gayaserkeien.
Ask me anything
-Thomas Edison
Old 09-14-2002, 08:41 PM   #14
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

after sniffing the air for the elfs sent I finelly cought up with her. she was holding a large bow that was very beautifully wrot. i approached silently and slowly so I would not scare her. I looked at her bed and saw all her things packed up and wondered if she had decided to leave after all. I gave a soft wimper to catch her attention then sat down and stared at her trying to read her face of pure fear and worry.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:50 PM   #15
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Standing in my way was the wolf. It whimpered at me, though I knew it was there. I looked at it warily.
"Almare, Melloni." I said. It cocked it's head to one side. I shrugged then laid my bow aside, and approached it. Hand outstretched. It backed away from me.
"Sere, sere." it then stood still. i reached out a hand to stroke it, when the girl entered my room.
Ask me anything
-Thomas Edison
Old 09-15-2002, 11:24 AM   #16
entss89
lord of the ents

finally i reached bree and stepped into the pracing pony inn to see if i could get me maybe one pint and some news. I walked up to the counter and ordered my pint, " hello , have someone named sicirus been past here im looking for her?" the man said she was but she left! I asked him if he knew where she went but he could not recollect his memory, finally he said hold it there heres a telegram from sicirus but asighned to no one! here you go , it has the area which it was sent from, it was lothlorian! i was supprised that she was that far away but i had to find her!
After i got my gash cleaned and properly badage i set out for lothlorian!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:32 AM   #17
entss89
lord of the ents

The ride was long but finally i got to lothlorian where some elfs met me at and asked what my being was for coming here. I said i was looking for sicirus and it was ergent! they said it was fine and let me pass. i started looking for her but thier was no sight of her around so i just settled in for the night.and i would begin looking for her in the morning!
Old 09-15-2002, 12:22 PM   #18
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I allowed the elf to strocke my head. Then a girl entered the room. At that moment I also heard an elf calling me. I gave one last look at the young elf before I jumped down from the tree to see what the elf wanted. " A person named Aralorn is here to talk to you." said the elf. "It seems to be urgent." I recalled my message that I gave to the biwildered human at the desk. It was to be sent to anyone who could have council with me. I asked to be taken to Aralorn at once. The elf led me to aralorns din.(thats what I call sleeping coirders) Aralorn looked at me and I noticed at once he was the same man I saw earlier on my way to lorien. He seemed to be much healthier and stronger then hao I saw him last. He put out his hand in friendship and i shook it suspiciously(sp). he spoke to me in my toungh which i found surprising and he told me of the message and how he got here.
Old 09-16-2002, 05:30 PM   #19
entss89
lord of the ents

"Hello sicirus it has been a while but now the shadow has returned and i seek your council in coming with me to find gandalf
we are in despriet(sp) need for his council too. Although there is one problem we still need more help on this mission for peace! I believe their are some elves here that would not mind coming with us but they are not sure! I will treat you to a feast first though if you would like? Come on!
Old 09-16-2002, 06:12 PM   #20
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

I followed the wolf to the quarters of Aralorn. But I did not enter. I heard their conversation but I couldn't understand it for it was in a different tongue. One that I was not familiar with. I slipped away quietly and hid my weapons in the lodge. I then looked for Gayaserkeien, but I couldn't find her. I sat down near one of the many fountains in Lorien and watched the water cascade into the basin. My thoughts were as jumbled as the water, when I noticed Varnen, my mother standing behind me.
"Dolenloteiel, you have not readied your horse. Is everything all right?" She asked. I rose and turned to face her.
"Mother, I'm leaving Lorien just as you are. I'm leaving behind all that I love, as you are. But I'm not traveling the same path. For my destiny calls elsewhere. I have the pardon of Galadriel and Celeborn." I said this without feeling. My face cold and hard as steel. But inside I was angry at my Mother for restraining me. I felt saddened by this statement. But I did not show it. I watched her face contract with pain, and I turned to go.
When she was out of sight, I ran towards the lodge, and away from my people, and my home. I ran in fear, and I ran in anger. I finally reached the lodge, and I sat there, wailing a nd crying my lament. But I was not alone. A lone figure detached itself from the shadows.
"I did not expect you here, daughter of Lorien." said Gandalf
Ask me anything
-Thomas Edison