Old 04-10-2003, 01:39 AM   #1
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
well i might remeber them i just dont kno it
Sure has done wonders for your spelling abilities

Quote:
another study they did was with passenger jet pilots. they had them each land the plane on a line. they all landed right on the line. Then they had them smoke just a little marijuana and then two weeks later land again. None of them came close to the line.
Who moved the line?

Quote:
well me and my friends leaned how to pass each other out but dont do it often
Wouldn't do that if I were you, it could lead to some serious problems.

Erm, lemme at least attempt to make a comment that vaguely resembles something on topic:

*what's the topic anyway? *
Old 04-10-2003, 03:27 AM   #2
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
another study they did was with passenger jet pilots. they had them each land the plane on a line. they all landed right on the line. Then they had them smoke just a little marijuana and then two weeks later land again. None of them came close to the line.
so... i fail to see your point, if marijuana was legalised i think it would be like other drugs (prescription, alcohol etc) and you wouldnt be able to fly under the influence anyway... i dnt really see how that works 2 weeks later that lost me
Quote:
now im probably the bad guy in this thread
nah your not... ill stick up for you... it gets me really annoyed that alcohols so readily accepted yet the minute pot is mentioned everyone whinges... what is the lesser evil a) someone getting high and having a good time with mates or b) getting trashed and going home and beating your wife... if that sounds like i want alcohol illgalised (hahahaha is that word) thats not what i mean... i think it would just be better if lots of things were legalised.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:29 AM   #3
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
so... i fail to see your point, if marijuana was legalised i think it would be like other drugs (prescription, alcohol etc) and you wouldnt be able to fly under the influence anyway... i dnt really see how that works 2 weeks later that lost me
well my point wasn't really about the flying, it was more about the fact that after they smoked just a little bit it was still affecting them 2 weeks later. I guess i was trying to point out how harmful it is.
Quote:
now im probably the bad guy in this thread
and just so ya know...i don't think your the bad guy either.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:51 AM   #4
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

well heres my actual personal opinion on legalising marijuana. once they do i they will add more crap into it just like they did with ciggarettes,making it more addictive and they will raise the price. it wont be as fun for kids so they will move on to different drugs for the adrenaline rush and the high.
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 02:16 PM   #5
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Actually the price will drop considerably. Supply and demand. If no one is going to throw you in jail for just possessing it then it becomes a lot easier to produce and sell. Imagine going down to your neighborhood quickie mart and picking up some ice cream and some eggs and oh gimme a pack of the Jamaican Kind Bud too. No make it two packs. And all that is $10. Pretty cool huh.....

Ok I have a related question for those of you in a position to know: how available are drugs in whatever area of the world you reside in? Im just curious if its easy everywhere or if obtaining is different in different places. Most kids here can get it through school friends easily enough. Is that true in other parts of america and in other countries?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 07:06 PM   #6
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i live in b.c. and supposedly we have the best bud and it is easy to get. if you kno where to get it though. i know a guy who actually delivers it to your door but i dont kno if it is like that in america
I AM CANADIAN

Old 04-10-2003, 11:59 PM   #7
Millane
The Dude

i guess it all depends on who you know... i live in Bendigo about an hour and a half away from Melbourne and i could get marijuana and speed pretty readily if i wanted it. but thats just coz im friends with a bloke thats in on all that. down in melb you can get anything and all it requires is cash and going down to the commission flats (which is in itself a measure of how determined you are to get drugs) but yeah if i wanted anything in a hurry it would have to be pot or speed but if i was prepared to wait well till i went down to melb i guess...
i see the govt in this instance being pretty stupid... if pot were legalised a) less people would smoke it (as happened in sweden or switzerland or one of them countries up that way) and b) they would be able to tax and get a bit more money in there grubby little hands.
Old 04-11-2003, 01:05 AM   #8
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

I'm at University-it's easy to get pot. Hell I can walk to the room down the hall...
Old 04-13-2003, 10:35 AM   #9
Millane
The Dude

ummm i dont see if that is a good point or bad... all the people i know (a few exceptions) are filthy animals and i dont like going near them let alone having to live near them...
Quote:
well my point wasn't really about the flying, it was more about the fact that after they smoked just a little bit it was still affecting them 2 weeks later. I guess i was trying to point out how harmful it is.
and my point is what in god's name were they smoking to be that ****ed 2 weeks later
Old 04-13-2003, 12:46 PM   #10
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

yea i dont think that test is real. i just did some last nite and i can still focus on anything. i think they probably made it up to try get kids not to use it.
I AM CANADIAN

Old 04-13-2003, 08:43 PM   #11
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

Yeah. Pot should not affect you like that 2 weeks later. Constant chronic use is bad for you-but one time wouldn't have grave pysiological effects.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:23 PM   #12
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

wanst sure if i should of started a new thread about this but i was wondering how much weed is to much weed. i mean i do it every weekend and i dont usually do like 2 joints like i used to but more like 4-5 but all in a bong. just wondering if any vetran smokers have advice
I AM CANADIAN

Old 09-15-2003, 10:47 PM   #13
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
wanst sure if i should of started a new thread about this but i was wondering how much weed is to much weed. i mean i do it every weekend and i dont usually do like 2 joints like i used to but more like 4-5 but all in a bong. just wondering if any vetran smokers have advice
too nuch weed for what? could it be damaging you physically? of course. the less you smoke the less you risk damaging yourself. could it be addicting you psychologically? sure. try not smoking at all for like a month and see how you feel. if its easy for you then yer most likely fine with what yer doing. if its hard or it makes you feel like crap physically and/or mentally then it could be the sign of a problem. if just the thought of not smoking gives you the creeps then yeah yer a serious pot head. watch out. pot is definitely a routine drug. its not physically addicting like nicotiene but once it becomes something you always do as a routine its easy to become psychologically adictive. but smoking it in a bong throuh water is better for you physically then smoking it in joints. less lung damage.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 11:39 PM   #14
Ruinel
Banned

Smoking pot can be damaging to your lungs. Just as smoking anything could be. However, I do not feel it is addicting chemically, as cigarettes.

I've smoked pot since high school, but I've never been addicted to it. It's funny, I do not smoke cigarettes, can't stand them.

I've smoked pot from a bong a few times. I'd have to say that most of the time it is in the form of a joint when I smoke it. The amount I smoke might be 3 times a year or less and only with friends, socially.

Has it affected me intellectually, no. Is it any worse than alcohol, no. Has it led to more harmful and addicting drugs, no. However, IR is correct. Smoking pot can become addicting through routine use. Go without it for one month and see how you feel about not smoking it. If you could take it or leave it, then there's no problem for you. If you can not go one month without it, you have a problem.

To the subject of this thread: I do not have a problem with pot being legalized, since it is less addicting than cigarettes, which is legal.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 11:55 PM   #15
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

If you think about, by legalizing pot, or making e punishment for carying or doing (not selling) lighter, it will cost you less tax money when you have to take these people to court and charge them with possesion. Traffikers should have more severe puishment though IMO

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:33 AM   #16
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Go without it for one month and see how you feel about not smoking it. If you could take it or leave it, then there's no problem for you. If you can not go one month without it, you have a problem.

wow i kept thinking one month. its not that i couldnt do it it is that i go to my friends house and they always have it. i got a friend who wants me to sell his hash for him too.but when im at my friends house, he is hardocre smoker. he has a five foot bong, glass bong and plastic bong which we use all the time. ill take the test of one month and see how that goes.
I AM CANADIAN

Old 09-16-2003, 12:36 AM   #17
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
... i got a friend who wants me to sell his hash for him too....
Don't sell it! If you get caught, it's your friggin' neck, not his. It's one thing to smoke pot occasionally, and another to start dealing.

I'm glad you're going to test yourself for one month.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:42 AM   #18
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Don't sell it! If you get caught, it's your friggin' neck, not his. It's one thing to smoke pot occasionally, and another to start dealing.
I aint really dealing(well yea i am) but im sort of transporting for him. im never gonna deal
I AM CANADIAN

Old 09-16-2003, 12:59 AM   #19
Ruinel
Banned

That is really a bad idea. You should not transport nor deal. The penalties are far harsher than for someone who just gets caught with a joint.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:36 AM   #20
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Quote:
I aint really dealing(well yea i am) but im sort of transporting for him. im never gonna deal
Well, you see, officer, it's not really mine...

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote