Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-02-2004, 11:13 PM   #1
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Discussion Thread: Nomads from the East

Valandil, being the wise king that he is, suggested that we start a discussion thread. As the self-appointed GM of the thread, I've started one! Yea and fun.

Important Note: Continue posting in character activity for the RPG in the original thread. This isn't the game thread.

I'm sorry Valandil, but we've (okay, I) already set the time to be six months after the war. I think you could still be a member of the Grey Company though, why not?

These Bossy Pants are very comfortable. Anyone else care to try them on?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:19 PM   #2
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Players and Characters:

PippinTook:

I shall be Pansy! Along with the infamous Cory! ahaha! hope you don't mind. I am quite obsessed.
-pip

Character: Pansy Hogswallop
Race: Hobbit
She's from Frogmorton, is Peregrin Took's neice, and rides a black and white attack llama named Cory.

Legoles:

Name: Jan

Race: Muryan

Hair: Midnight blue w/ streaks of red-gold, brushes his ankles if not held in place at nape of neck with a silver tube, it is also straight

Eyes: Deep, firey gold, fringed by long lashes, arched midnight blue eyebrows

Sex: M [though sometimes mistaken for F]

Height: 6'11"

Apperance: Tall and thin and lightly muscled, very smart and well adapted to the heat of desert and the cold of icey plains, his medium toned skin is lightly tinged with a golden sheen, he has two small horns that protrude from his brow, and long, pointed ears, and his voice is like faded harp music

Weapons: Very adept with a bow and sword, but is also able to conjure either pitch blackness or fires

Personality: Mysterious, blunt, charismatic, and cold, he likes to keep to himself. If forced upon others company, he will bear it. But if the person is too hyper, bouncy or preppy, he will take off as soon as he can[Unless bound by a spell.] He occasionly will smile at someone, if the do something correctly.

Aewionen:

Name: Boin
Race: Easterling
Hair: black, shoulder length
Eyes: Emerald
Other: Wears a black tunic and cape. The hood on his cape hides most of his face. He is secretive and mysterious. He holds a grudge against all Gondorians but has never told anyone why. He is normally out in the forests hunting or riding his horse, Blackheart.
Family: He has a twin sister, Aleah, but has not seen her for many years. Also, he is ten months married to Ka'ana and has a little boy, Tyren.

Nurvingiel:

Name: Akkar Anagrim

Height: 6'0"

Race: Haradrim

Appearance: Thick, shoulder-length black hair, which he always wears tied back. Chocolate brown skin, smooth except for the occasional thin scar. Brown eyes. Plain face. Muscular and lean.

Family: He has a wife and three young children. He had misgivings about fighting for this unknown Sauron, but had no real choice in the matter (like most Haradrim). His brother was also in the army, but was killed, leaving his wife and teenaged daughter.

Skills: Fighting with sword, dagger and bow. He can control a (non-enraged) Oliphaunt. He also can cook over a camfire, and make arrows. He is also a good herdsman, though out of practice.

Short Bio: Before he joined the army when he was 18, he was a goat herder. He is quiet, and his men trust him and his long experience in the army. He acheived the rank of Captain after 6 years in the army, but lacked the ambition to rise higher.

Also playing 5 mercenaries, captained by Akkar: Farkad, Aranek, Greyson, and the brothers Hamish and Hamid. The brothers are friends with the shape shifter Callinya, and only Hamish is allowed to call her Cal.

Amea:

Devak: Hi peoples *waves*
Short bio: Taught by sauron... Don't ask or ask me latter... Changed sides after the fall of sauron in the first war, But when the ring was found sauron forced her to side with him agian, so let's say she's very bitter heh heh heh very very bitter... she has decided to use the powers that sauron had given her for good or at least what she thinks is good...and what she thinks is right is not always right. Sauron had given her the sister ring to the one ring. She tries to refrain from using her powers lest it bring the nine back (or so she thinks...) She seems to have an affinity for language so she only has to hear a new language once and she is able to speak it forever. *deep breath* She has one weapon Anasta, Given to her by sauron when she was young. Also she has no idea what she is, (she has no clue who her mother or father was)
*pats anasta and is thinking about the old days* *sigh* Things where so easy then, you did what you were told and you lived another day *sigh* Ha, I don't miss it at all...
*an orc appears*
Orc: my lady? we have been looking for you... *sees other people* My lady? Who are these people?
Devak: Friends Tiji, Their friends...
Tiji: *nods uncirtenly*
Devak: It's alright my friend *pats Tiji* They won't hurt you...

Fimbrethil:

Name: Callinya
Race: Hadrim shape shifter (come on you know you konw love it)
Bio: Not much to tell. She's not very talkitive and she's mystrious. Carries a dagger in her boot but for fighting she mostly relies on shape shifting.

Twista:

Name: Celian Malede

Height: 5'11"

Race: Elves - Male ( Of which kind, not known )

Appearance: Not the most tidy elves, as he often lives rough, and does not have the luxeries of an every day elve. Wears coats and cloths of a Brown and Gold Nature, bearing unque markings, of which resemble Elvish. Dark long hair, with a single lock in the rear center, bound with black ribbon.

Family: Little is known of his family, as is known, he is a explorer, and it is thought he has no things 'tieing him down' at home, wherever home might be.

Skills: Obviously great skill with the bow, saying that, his Bow is said to be crafted for him only, by a highly renound blacksmith in the depths of Mirkwood.

Gulio:

Name: Rorin
Race: Dwarf
Appearance: Rather Dwarf-ish..... (trying to keep this short)
Personality: Taciturn, yet slightly grumpy.

Last Child of Ungoliant:

My name is Faligorn
I hail from Lebennin, but now live in the rebuilt osgiliath
my father, Feregon, fought as a soldier of Gondor in the war of the ring

Information revealed later:

Name: Faligorn
Race: Men part Numenorean
Height: 5'-10"

General Description: very long brown hair and brown eyes, fairly tall, healthy complexion, looks regal
Clothes / Weapons: Silver and Steel armour, long black cloak with hood, carries 2 long swords, 4 short knives, 2 daggers (in boots) and a bow and quiver of arrows
Skills: skilled at many things, accomplished warrior, diplomat, tracker

Short Bio: Son of Feregon, who fought in War of the Ring, always rides with his personal guard, of 10 men, Azgarron, his lietenant, Ninphal, his messenger, and the 8 captains of Lebennin Legion of the Royal Gondorian Army, he rides a large black horse named Firefoot

personal info regarding faligorn and his men;
they each carry 2 long swords, a bow and quiver of arrows 4 short bladed knives and 2 daggers, hidden in their boots

His personal guard has been following him, but not especially following the other members of our company
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-23-2004 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:22 PM   #3
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Recap:

(1000 apologies if I leave anyone out or forget something important.)

Our tale takes place ten years after the War of the Ring, and we begin at an inn just south of Ithilien.

The Haradrim (Akkar, Farkad, Hamish, Aranek, Greyson, and Hamid), Callinya, Pansy, Devak, Rorin, and Jan casually formed a group at the Sandy Forest Inn, and began a jouney to Harad.
Callinya and Devak had news of trouble in the capital city of Harad. Callinya, being a shape shifter, gathered accurate and detailed intelligence on the enemy.
We received a message from an Elf, Celian, who seemed to have some mysterious and important information. Farkad left the party to meet him at Dunharrow.
Meanwhile, we met up with Faligorn, a man from Lebennin, on the road. He joined our party because he's looking for his brother who is in Harad - we have a common goal.
Callinya returned and reported that over 900 000 enemies of unknown origin are beseiging the seaside capital. They are content and well provisioned.
Faligorn added that he met Dwarves, who lived near Rhun, who had trouble with an enemy from the East. We suspect this is our enemy.
Rorin, the taciturn dwarf, is still travelling with the party.
Boin plans to meet us on the road.

It has been revealed that Jan is actually the Muryan leader, as Farkad continues to journey to Dunharrow.
After the group forded the Anduin, they met up with Boin. They journeyed south-east under Jan's direction.
Farkad arrived in Dunharrow.

(I'll reserve two more posts for future updates. More than that and we'll just have to be more consice. )
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-11-2004 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:24 PM   #4
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Recap place holder.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-05-2004 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:25 PM   #5
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Timeline:

Day 1: Pansy, Jan, Callinya, Rorin, and Devak met up with the Haradrim at the inn The Sandy Forest.
Day 2: The group journeys south, towards Harad and the Muryan - their possible allies. They receive a message from a mysterious elf at Dunharrow - Farkad leaves to investigate.
Day 3: At dawn, they are attacked by a party of orcs. Devak took one prisoner, killing him later. Later in the day they forded the Anduin and met up with Boin.
Day 4,5: Journeyed south-east under Jan's direction.
Day 6: Farkad arrived in Dunharrow. The group continues south-east.

(I think this may be useful.)
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-11-2004 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:06 AM   #6
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

I'm very confused, I though Rorin was already with you guys.... Oh well!

I can't post right now, I've had a REALLY bad day and my brain is fried, (not to mention the mother of all headaches that has been plauging me!) and I'm stressing over speech. *shudders* I'd rather be doused in steak sauce and locked in a cage of starving tigers (this is not a hyperbole, it's the truth), rather than get up in front of people. But if I didn't do my speech, I'd be off the computer for a month or more (which I seriously considered).

One moment *yells at sister* please turn off that country music!!!!!!!!

Okay, back to complaining. Where was I? Oh yeah, speech. Evil stuff.

btw, great to see you, Last Child of Ungoliant! We meet again!

If you guys want to move on right now, meet up with Rorin or something. Not that you guys would ever godmod *cough* Nurv *cough*

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 01:11 AM   #7
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Lol What me? Godmod?

No worries Gulio, I hope you feel better soon. Post whenever you have the chance.

By the way, I shouldn't insist that the story be set 6 months after the War of the Ring. (It's not that much to change, I should just suck it up. ) Someone suggested 10 years after, does that work for you Valandil and everyone?
Quote:
Old 03-03-2004, 02:45 AM   #8
Aewionen
Elf Lord

oops! I didn't see this thread. Sorry. School does things to you, especially with tests almost every day!
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #9
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel

By the way, I shouldn't insist that the story be set 6 months after the War of the Ring. (It's not that much to change, I should just suck it up. ) Someone suggested 10 years after, does that work for you Valandil and everyone?
I can really work with either one, but prefer 10 years - so things have had time to 'settle down' a bit before this latest trouble. ALSO - if we're only 6 months after the end of the War, say late September 3019, Gandalf and the Hobbits have only made it as far as Rivendell - the Shire hasn't even been scoured for goodness sake! Ten years later and things have been established for awhile, Gandalf and the greatest Elven Lords have departed (though Radagast might still be hanging out about the southern part of the Forest of Greenleaves...).

So what would 10 years be... March (like NOW!) - would it be Year 7 or Year 8 of the Fourth Age? Or Year 6? I think it's Year 7, but I'd need to check to be sure.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 02:41 PM   #10
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

That's true about the six month thing. And I can just say that my characters were in southern Ithilien, and not home, because they were just on a mercenary job, rather than having done that in the past.
They can reflect on the war, and how being conscripted affected them still. This could even have led to their becoming mercenaries. This can work on a fairly flexible timeline, as long as it means they were the right age to be in the war, if that makes sense.
Ten years would also work for PippinTook's character Pansy, Pippin Took's neice.
Quote:
Old 03-03-2004, 08:34 PM   #11
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Works for me too.

Just ignore my last post, I'll come in some other way.....perhaps I could be at someone's house or something like that. Or I could still be waiting on the road. Hmmmm...oh the possibilities!

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Old 03-03-2004, 08:51 PM   #12
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Okay, so we should disregard the post that we accidentally disregarded?

So 10 years, what does everyone else think?
Quote:
Old 03-03-2004, 08:59 PM   #13
Aewionen
Elf Lord

YepYep

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 03-04-2004, 11:10 PM   #14
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Don't worry Twista, Farkad will be at Dunharrow in two more days. Do you think that's reasonable, to go from southern Ithilien (still on the north side of the Anduin) to Dunharrow in three days of riding?
Quote:
Old 03-04-2004, 11:18 PM   #15
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gulio, Strength of Many
I'm very confused, I though Rorin was already with you guys.... Oh well!
I fixed the synopsis, Rorin did join us at the inn.

We can just say he doesn't talk much. Whenever you have the chance to post, no worries.
Quote:
Old 03-04-2004, 11:51 PM   #16
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Thankkies! I am feeling better, thank you! 'Cept I wounded my hand in practice (so my posts are going to be short - very difficult to type with one hand. How did Beren survive?). I DID get a new hat, and I am now addicted to kumquats.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:59 PM   #17
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

oops, sorry I haven't posted in a while. its getting confusing with al these people. lol. 10 years works better for me, like nurv said, cause that way, Pansy's story would make sense. I will try to post, but if I can't sorry.
-pip

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:34 AM   #18
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Okay, 10 years it is then. (Unless that completely doesn't work for anyone.)

Don't worry about posting guys, just try not to miss all the fun!
Quote:
Old 03-05-2004, 03:04 PM   #19
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Don't worry Twista, Farkad will be at Dunharrow in two more days. Do you think that's reasonable, to go from southern Ithilien (still on the north side of the Anduin) to Dunharrow in three days of riding?
I don't know... didn't it take the Rohirrim 4 days from Dunharrow to Minas Tirith? And they were going downhill. It's another day, or nearly, to Osgiliath... then a matter of just how far south in Ithilien we are.

Hey - you know that movie 'Hidalgo' - starring Viggo? I saw something on 'History Channel' last night... about the TRUE STORY of Hidalgo. Anyway, they mention that in the first race this rider entered, he won it in 31 days... it was an 1800 mile race from Galveston, TX to somewhere in Rhode Island. Anyway, I wonder if 60 miles per day could be a nice maximum for sustained horseback-riding (and maybe 40-50 at a moderate pace??). Any riders out there who would know better about that?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:15 PM   #20
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Farkad could travel faster, being alone, so maybe I should make that a 5 day trip, because of the uphill factor.

Methinks we need to advance the story line so we can bring in Twista's character. IOW, someone could go, "After they arranged with Jan to talk to the Muryan, they rode south for four days. That afternoon, Farkad arrived in Dunharrow."
Quote: