Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-23-1999, 05:06 AM   #1
Dukefan

Well, what a coincidence none of you probably care about

By any chance does anybody remember this old TV show that was on Nickelodeon from 1992-95 that was called "The Tomorrow People"? I do, loved it, and am a member of a fan mailing list about it. Recently a discussion on the mailing list was about actor Christopher Lee, who played the villain in Episodes 16-20 of the series (titled The Rameses Connection). Well guess what: its been anounced that this actor (who has a pretty big and long fimography...check out imdb.com on him) will play the wizard Saruman, whoever that is. Even though the Tomorrow People has nothing directly to do with the board, I thought it was a cool coincidence how this news is anounced on the mailing list, and then I happen across the subject of it on a brand new bulletin board so soon afterward.
Old 09-23-1999, 11:14 PM   #2
Darth Tater

Re: Well, what a coincidence none of you probably care about

You're right, none of us probably care about it. I never even heard of that show!
Old 09-23-1999, 11:24 PM   #3
bmilder

I don't remember that show either. Weird ;-)
Old 09-24-1999, 09:50 PM   #4
Ryan6233

Ok, well, i think you got the name wrong, but i know what you were talking about-its the british show with the supernatural kids that can teleport or whatever, right? well, thats cool. Anyways, where is everyone getting all of this lotr movie info!? I'd love to get my hands on some of it Hey, ben, wonder if T2T is gonna have a mud gathering to go see it if it ever comes out...?
Old 09-25-1999, 12:28 AM   #5
Hernalt

Here

AICN LOTR Topics
Old 09-25-1999, 12:31 AM   #6
Hernalt

Grr.

Try this.
Old 09-25-1999, 01:04 AM   #7
Darth Tater

another one

try theonering.net. That's a good site.
Old 09-27-1999, 02:29 AM   #8
Jedi Eowyn

The Tomorrow People

I would say "who doesn't rememeber the Tomorrow People" but that question has already been answered... I got to see very little of it. I think I saw the Ramses episodes, and suddenly I think I can recall Lee in them, too. He was the traitor telepath's evil boss? I have the highest hopes for the McKellan/Lee face off at the Orthanc.
Old 09-29-1999, 06:39 PM   #9
Loopy

good LOTR sites

I agree, Tater, TheOneRing.net is a good site (IMHO, the best LOTR fan site). CHUD.com called it "a juggernaut" and "Reminiscent of TheForce.net" Some other good ones are: Ringbearer.org Imladris: Lord of the Rings Movie News TheOneRing - Tolkien Online I highly reccommend those sites. They track down all the casting rumors, and pictures and whatnot, and have character and actor profiles, and fan art, and lots of other fun Tolkien-related stuff you won't find at Ain't it Cool News (or, if they do have it at AICN, it'd be really hard to find due to horrid design and the crummy search function. Can you tell I hate that site?)