Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > C.S. Lewis
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Narnia Quote Game

This is like the Quote Game in the JRR Tolkien section, but this one is to be from quotes in the 7 books that form "The Chronicles of Narnia".

Basically, you take a quote and remove every second letter, and put a slash between words, and punctuation marks. A solution must include all words solved correctly and the correct speaker identified. Whoever solves the last element, be it quote, speaker, or both, posts the next one. It is not necessary for the one solving to say who it is said to, anything about the context, or what book it's found in.

Example: "I_/i_/m_/s_o_d/_h_n_o_/,/w_t_/i_/I/_i_l_d/_h_/W_l_."

Answer: "It is my sword Rhindon, with it I killed the Wolf." Peter Pevensie(from Prince Caspian)

Anything from the books: The Magician's Nephew, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, The Horse and His Boy, Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair or The Last Battle, is fair game. No movie quotes.

Suggestions for posting:
Some gamers find this method best, fastest, easiest and most accurate. When you've found your quote, type it all in without blanks, simply using the '/' instead of a space, as well as before and after each punctuation mark. Just after a punctuation mark can be a convenient place for a carriage return, if the spacing looks good. After typing, check for spelling and to see that all the words are correct. Then go through and replace every other letter with an underscore '_' - this goes quickly if you use the 'forward arrow' key to advance, use the 'delete' key and then add the underscore where the letter was.

We try our best to solve the quotes without looking them up. However, if the one who posted the quote is away or not responding, a player may look up an attempted full solution to see if it was correct before moving on and posting the next quote.

- - - - - - - - - -

Here's one to start us:

"O_c_/a_d/_o_/a_l/,/_/a_j_r_/y_u/_o/_e_/m_/f_e_/.
/B_/a_l/_e_r_/a_d/_l_/l_v_s/,/_y/_h_/b_i_h_/s_i_s/_f/_v_r_a_d/,
/_y/_h_/g_e_t/_i_n/,/_y/_s_a_/h_m_e_f/,/_/c_a_g_/y_u-"

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote