Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 08:07 PM   #1
straight_face
Enting

Gollum Harry Potter Has Similar Relations with LotR

I was going to a movie once, but considering my younger brother was coming along, I had a choice between Santa Claus II (I am clueless to the name) or Harry Potter. I figured Harry Potter didn't sound entirely horrible and imagining myself choosing the other alternative- ridiculous. So, I went to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. The movie begins with Harry Potter meeting the 'House-elf' named Dobby. This "House-elf", as they called it, had strange connections with the character Gollum. I figured this because the "elf" always spoke about himself as "Dobby this" and "Dobby that", never saying any other pronouns, which I discovered was quite similar to the way that Gollum speaks.

When the movie goes further we encounter Harry's previous gift, the Invisibility Cloak. Hmm... any suggestions which this relates to? Does the Ring of Power ring a bell?

Later, Harry and Ron Weasley head into the dark forest and, by chance, meet the spider, Aragog. 'Aragog'? thought I. 'Hmm...
Aragog
Aragorn
Any possible relations? As I read through more of the books, there were many more glitches that I discovered. For example, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone included a troll- a large troll, similar to the size of the Cave Troll to some extent.

Perhaps I am mistaken by these 'coincidences' that are a bit ironic. What do the people think?
'There was no need. He halted just by us and looked down at us. "Gandalf!" I said at last, but my voice was only a whisper. Did he say: "Hullo, Pippin! This is a pleasant surprise!" No, indeed! He said: "Get up, you tom-fool of a Took! Where, in the name of wonder, in all this ruin is Treebeard? I want him. Quick!"'

'What are we going to do now then?' asked Pippin, undaunted by the wizard's bristling brows.
"Knock on the door with your head, Peregrin Took,' said Gandalf. 'But if that does not shatter them, and I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, I will seek for the opening words.'

'Fool of a Took!' he growled. 'This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!'
Old 01-22-2003, 08:13 PM   #2
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
I'm sure people have done this before. But just for the heck of it, I think that its pretty interesting Ya know, not a fan of harry potter at all, but there are some very interesting things in there huh? There's even more "coincidences"...dont really feel like getting into it tho.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:15 PM   #3
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

This topic is currently being discussed here.
Closed Thread