Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2003, 06:37 PM   #1
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Lord of the Rings Fan Series

This is my first post on The Tolkien Trail, so I'm really exited ! I'm thinking about doing a Lord of the Rings Fan Series (of fan fiction stories- not fan films) and posting it here. I contacted TheOneRing.Net a week ago, and they havn't answerd, so I asume they don't like me (or my premise). I'm now thinking about doing it on The Tolkien Trail now, but I just wanted to ask you which premise I should use. Here are the choices.

1. Lord of the Rings Infinities (a series of what would happen if something happened differently in each book/movie. EX:
Instead of Gollum biting Frodo's finger with the Ring off, Frodo kills Gollum and gives the Ring to Sauron.

2. Lord of the Rings Tales (a series of different stories from different LOTR ages. EX: One episode could be an adventure with Faramir and the rangers, another could be Isildur attacking an orc fortress, and another could be Beren before he met Luthien).

3. War of the Ring Chronicles (a series of stories featuring a different character each time from the War of the Ring. EX: One episode could be about a Wood Elf soldier, and another could be about Aragorn).

4. War of the Last Alliance Chronicles: (samething as #3 but with the people from the War of the Last Alliance).

5. War of the Jewels Chronicles (same as #3 and #4 but with the characters from the Silmarilion).

6. Post War of the Ring (series that takes place right after Return of the King).

7. Lord of the Rings: The Next Generation (a series of the adventures of the Fellowship's children).

Those are all the ones I could think of. Please vote. I"ll give you until Sunday. Thank you.

Yodaman.