FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #401
nokom
Elven Warrior

I would be happy to write a script for fellowship of the ring
Old 01-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #402
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
Arwen Undomiel

That sounds awesome! I think if we acutally EVER make the movie, it will be totally awesome!

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #403
nokom
Elven Warrior

I really hope this comes through. Here is what is done of my script

LORD OF THE RINGS
FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

Based on a novel by J.r.r. Tolkien

Written by Tyler Holman

Based on an idea by Hector

Not approved in any way or endorsed by the tolkien family or their publisher, affiliates or licensers

The screen is black, a deep voice speaks

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

A man, whose face and body is covered in black clothes and a mask, slams a hammer down onto an anvil. Fire and sparks cover the screen and we hear an evil voice say

One ring to rule them all

A kinder voice, a narrators voice starts to speak

In was in the days of old in the third age that there was a dark lord named Sauron who betrayed his ruler, <The screen shows a man sitting on a golden throne, dressed in white. He has long flowing white hair and is young> Eru. Rings were gave to each of the races, and the dark lord crafted his own

One ring to rule them all

<Eru disappears into flames, and we see the ring floating in the air>

The nine men given the rings of power became wraiths, Nazgul in the Elven speech, men and Elves joined forces to crush Sauron <We see a great army massing in a green field, on a rainy day, on the other side another army awaits. We zoom in on the men and elves, who are dressed in fine armour, then to to Orcs, who wear black, blood covered leathers and hold crude blood covered metal swords. We see them rush into battle. For almost 4 minutes we see a bloody battle, orcs impaling the men and elves, we see an orc beheaded and stabed many times, we see a hail of arrows fall down upon the elves and men, then we see a man dressed in black robes with a mask, also black, with small eye holes where red eyes can be seen. Horns come from the top of his head. He kicks the orcs out of the way with a large metal spear, with many men impaled on it. He starts to stab the men and kick them, arrows fly by and hit him, he is stabbed and slashed but even his robes do not tare. The ground is now red with blood. Two men rush out, one is stabbed with the spear and falls down, while the other cuts the man’s finger off, and a ring falls into his hand, as the man screams and catches on fire, and turns to ash>

And so it was that Isildur Claimed the ring. <We see him headed down a muddy road, but an arrow hits him in the head, and he falls over into the water, and we see the ring float down, we then see a hobbit pick it from the water> and thus the ring was found by the foul beast Gollum. He lived many lives with it until he himself lost it, or it lost him. <We see another, red haired young hobbit pick it up from the cave, and a evil sounded voice screams “NO!”> and it was found again by Bilbo Baggins, and thus begins The tale of Frodo Baggins and the Lord of the Rings.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #404
nokom
Elven Warrior

Like it?
Old 01-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #405
nokom
Elven Warrior

I am going to make sure this script is DONE RIGHT. I am going to take huge pains to see that it is not AT ALL goofed up.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #406
Olmer
Elf Lord

Hm... Interesting, but basicaly repeating PJ's mistakes and screen-writes. Read the History and come with a new aproach.
Olmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #407
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Gandalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmer
Hm... Interesting, but basicaly repeating PJ's mistakes and screen-writes. Read the History and come with a new aproach.
Although I have not spent much thought in a new screen play here is one thought I have:

Start the film with Gandalf returning 17 years after bilbo's farewell party to visit Frodo.

If needed you can use the narrator to give some background info. before the film starts or use a flashback during gandalf's visit.

I think out of necessity (to time constraints) one would need to leave out TB and the old forrest.

good fortune on your attempt.

(Bakshi did a decent job upto the crossing of the ford, although he left many details out that would be necessary for those not familiar with LOTR)

(PJ&Co did a decent job upto the crossing of the ford, although he added many details that were unnecessary for those familiar with LOTR)

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Last edited by mithrand1r : 01-06-2007 at 06:28 PM.
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #408
nokom
Elven Warrior

I will start rewriting that part now then.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:32 PM   #409
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

This is so cool!

Old 01-07-2007, 12:05 AM   #410
Olmer
Elf Lord

Quote:
"although he added many details that were unnecessary for those familiar with LOTR"...
Yeah. Like flipping to the audience the one and the same finger for up-tenth times.

Last edited by Olmer : 01-07-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Olmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:41 AM   #411
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

I'm so glad this thread is back!

Old 01-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #412
nokom
Elven Warrior

Okay, here we are. I have reworded the start. The rest about the forging of the ring and such will be explained by Gandalf later.

LORD OF THE RINGS
FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
PART ONE

Written by Tyler Holman

Not approved in any way or endorsed by the tolkien family or their publisher, affiliates or licensers

<Dwarves run down a long dark cave path, credits roll in the right hand corner. We hear heart pounding drum like music, we see that the Dwarves are being chased by orcs. One of the Dwarves carries a smaller figure on his back. The Dwarf trips and the small person falls down a pit, into darkness>

Orc captain

Kill them! I want their heads!*Bring me the Dwarves’ axes! Etc.

<Zoom in on an orc who lies dead on a table, in a pool of blood. He wears a golden crown, and is very tall and rather fat. Very little light in the room, only three candles>

Thorin Oaken-Shield (Dwarf)

I see light! Where’s Bilbo?!

Dwarf

I don’t know!

<The small figure (Bilbo) Picks up a small, golden ring. He wipes the mud off of it on his green cloak. He is covered in scratches from his fall, along with wet mud>

Strange voice

Where is it…… My birth day gift…. Where is my my precious….. I wants it… We wants it Etc.

<Bilbo draws a glowing sword, a great and bright blue light comes from it>

Bilbo

Get back! Whatever you are! Get back!

<Zoom in on Bilbo’s eyes, screen disappears into blue and blackness. Drum beats grow loud. Credits play along with music, sung in Elvish. After credits play we see Bilbo’s eyes again. They are closed. They open fast. Zoom out. He is sweating, lying in bed. Much older. He rubs his forehead and the words “60 years later” appear on screen>
Old 01-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #413
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Gandalf

Nice start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokom
Okay, here we are. I have reworded the start. The rest about the forging of the ring and such will be explained by Gandalf later.

LORD OF THE RINGS
FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
PART ONE

Written by Tyler Holman

<Dwarves run down a long dark cave path, credits roll in the right hand corner. We hear heart pounding drum like music, we see that the Dwarves are being chased by orcs. One of the Dwarves carries a smaller figure on his back. The Dwarf trips and the small person falls down a pit, into darkness>

Orc captain

Kill them! I want their heads!*Bring me the Dwarves’ axes! Etc.

<Zoom in on an orc who lies dead on a table, in a pool of blood. He wears a golden crown, and is very tall and rather fat. Very little light in the room, only three candles>

Thorin Oaken-Shield (Dwarf)

I see light! Where’s Bilbo?!

Dwarf

I don’t know!

<The small figure (Bilbo) Picks up a small, golden ring. He wipes the mud off of it on his green cloak. He is covered in scratches from his fall, along with wet mud>

Strange voice

Where is it…… My birth day gift…. Where is my my precious….. I wants it… We wants it Etc.

<Bilbo draws a glowing sword, a great and bright blue light comes from it>

Bilbo

Get back! Whatever you are! Get back!

<Zoom in on Bilbo’s eyes, screen disappears into blue and blackness. Drum beats grow loud. Credits play along with music, sung in Elvish. After credits play we see Bilbo’s eyes again. They are closed. They open fast. Zoom out. He is sweating, lying in bed. Much older. He rubs his forehead and the words “60 years later” appear on screen>

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote