Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-22-2003, 12:47 AM   #1
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Mailing the actors...

Hey, I have contrived a bit of fanmail for some of the actors in hopes of getting a little something ( not planning on selling anything I might get back, that is) out of this whole LOTR experience, but the addresses are for their agencies or whatever and some are in the UK and I live in the US... now, I'm stupid, but, does US postage work in the UK? if a mail shipping place in the UK recieves it, will they just throw it away because of the american stamp or whatever? Or can you mail a letter internationally? I expect I wouldn't be able to stamp a self-adressed envelope, if it was to be mailed from the UK cuz I doubt mailing something from the UK using USA stamps wouldnt work... but would something that was mailed with US stamps be able to be delivered into another country?

Call me stupid but whatever.
Does anyone here know what actors reply to fanmail? And how fast and such?
Old 12-22-2003, 12:49 AM   #2
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

The post office will have what you need to mail something internationally...You can't use US stamps, so head over to your local post office and you can find the goodies there
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 01:07 AM   #3
Sminty_Smeagol

Oh darn. No fanmail then. I can't drive... And I don't want to bother my parents to drive me around and my excuse being to send fanmail to some actors from some 'stupid movie'... augh.

I think I now have decided that i want to unite the world in peace, as a single nation... my motivation? No stupid international postal problems.

I hate being young in suburbia.

Last edited by Sminty_Smeagol : 12-22-2003 at 01:15 AM.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 01:18 AM   #4
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Next time your parents go to the post office ask them to pick up some stamps for Global Airmail:

http://www.usps.com/global/globalairmail.htm
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 01:29 AM   #5
Sminty_Smeagol

what do i say when they ask me why?

Mailing fanmail to a bunch of actors from lord of the Rings is a bit of an indignity here... young female foolishness... I don't do the whole stupid celebrity crush thing but I dunno... I wouldn't want them to know if possible. It's kind of embarassing for some reason. Just the way my parents are... I guess...

Like I have been worried about even putting a return address on it in case I get the address wrong or something... I only mail fanmail (I've only done it several times, nationally) when my parents aren't going to be at home and such...

Last edited by Sminty_Smeagol : 12-22-2003 at 01:30 AM.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 08:27 PM   #6
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Re: Mailing the actors...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty_Smeagol

Does anyone here know what actors reply to fanmail? And how fast and such?
I know that Billy Boyd replies to a lot of the mail he gets, and sometimes sends a signed picture back. I was planning to send him a letter but that never happened. Anyway, you can find the address on plenty of sites on google.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 11:12 PM   #7
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty_Smeagol
what do i say when they ask me why?
tell them there is a penpal program at school and they live in the uk and then when you get a reply say you used the extra stamps to mail one of the actors, im pretty sure they wont make fun of you
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 07:58 PM   #8
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Speaking of mailing actors, where can one send fan-mail to Sean Astin. I don't have a huge crush on him or anything (and I completely agree with SS about the whole embarrasment/parents/dumb-female-fan-stuff thing), but I would love to let him know how much I love Sam.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 12:00 AM   #9
Aragorns Dimple
Enting

Rosie, check out the Sean Astin's Official homepage:
http://www.seanastin.com
There is contact info on there for fanmail, the address to write to is:

Sean Astin
PO Box 57858
Sherman Oaks, CA 91413
USA

He seems to be a really nice guy IRL too, I remember seeing him on the news handing out free bottled water to NY residents during the power failure a few months ago....and you don't see too many Hollywood celebs doing stuff like that these days!
Old 12-28-2003, 06:39 AM   #10
Feanor9
Sapling

Tom Bombadil Ahh

Just ask de post office for international stamps like for UK.
seems like i'm not de only one who notices dat viggo has a funny looking dimple on his chin.......
fan-mail!!
tell me some addresses O sminty smeagol(since when did gollum start using breath-mints??)

anybody know de address for viggo mortensen?? or maybe liv tyler?? drooool........
Old 12-28-2003, 08:47 PM   #11
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Ah, the trials of being young. I'd forgotten . . .now I remember having this terrible crush on Captain Somebody . . .he wore a black eyepatch. I persuaded my dad to take a photo of him on the TV screen, I forget what clever excuse I used. My dad took it too, and kindly didn't let on he could see right through me.
Maybe you should try talking to your parents. Don't they like something as passionately as you like LotR? Something you could compare it to? Since these are the cinematic triumphs of the century, they might even take an interest in an adult way.
Nothing wrong with congratulating the actors on a job well done, and rightly appreciated. I may do it myself.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote