Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-14-2006, 06:45 PM   #1
Drakor90
Sapling

Arnore

"Hand me a new arrow Orik"said Galden reaching for the arrow.Galdon is 18 years old and had just reached manhood.He has dark brown hair and blue eyes
it runs in the family because Orik,Fertom,And Galdens Dad have the same hair and eye color.
His parents and aunt had been killed in the fire of Conburro leaving only him, his 80 year old uncle Fertom, and his 15 year old cousin Orik.
THWACK!"Yes!I finally got a bullseye!Hand me another arrow Orik.said Galden reaching for the next arrow."this is the
last one Galden then we need to go back to uncle Fertom."THWACK!"Bullseye once again!"Ok
Galden grab your arrows and lets go back home."said Orik turning his back to Galden and walking torward the small alley
that leads to the center of Gallomyre.Galden soon joined him.when they reached the center of Gallomyre they made a right turn and started walking.
They walked past Manjefts butcher shop,Jerots blacksmith shop,and past Gertruds house she
is the town healer and a little crazy most people try to avoid her unless they are injured.
At the end of the stone street leading out of the city is a dirt road leading to the farm.
they started down the dirt road pushing away any low branches in their way.Even though they were
quite far they could see the smoke coming out of the chimney of the small farmhouse.after
several minutes they reached the farmhouse outside they could see some sheep, a cow, and only one chicken
for this year they could not afford another one.some clothes were being hung by their sleeves
to dry.The two cousins walked up onto the porch of the farmhouse loose boards creeking beneath
their torn leather boots.The door rusted and rotting by age was easily pushed open revealing
a poorly lit room holding two bedrooms and a small sitting area wich within it sat uncle Fertom
smoking a pipe.The sound of the door opening caught his attention and he slowly turned hid head around
revealing a a wrinked smile."Hello boys how did archery go!""Ive done better."said Galden
walking to a chair."I guess it was the wind that threw us off today.Maybe we will have
better luck next time aye?"said Orik with a shrug."Well right now i dont care I just want to eat im starving.

this is my first story I hope you like it
Drakor90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

I have a little nitpick.

I found it a bit hard to read. You might want to paragraph it a bit better.

Very good, so far. I hope more is coming.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
orithil
Captain Jack

I like it the way you have explained the people they walked past, which, if you like they could be key characters involved in the story and people would thats right they mentioned them on the very first page. anyway great begining I hope more is coming

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote