Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-09-2004, 12:58 PM   #41
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I realize you guys are enjoying this, but you need to give me one good reason for why this thread is not a waste of bandwidth and should be allowed. I will listen to your reasons, and if I am not satified with them, then this thread gets closed.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 01-09-2004, 01:02 PM   #42
Anonymous
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
There are other's who are higher than me. Look at Gwai, and lots and lots of others... ACK!!
But you post in this thread. It is your unconscious self, dear. You need some caring support, and you will get it.

Now, just say after me: "I'm a moot addict". It is not so difficult, is it?

Amo#2
Old 01-09-2004, 01:04 PM   #43
Anonymous
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
I realize you guys are enjoying this, but you need to give me one good reason for why this thread is not a waste of bandwidth and should be allowed. I will listen to your reasons, and if I am not satified with them, then this thread gets closed.

Why is this thread a waste of bandwidth any more than the other threads here?
Old 01-09-2004, 01:08 PM   #44
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

Why is this thread a waste of bandwidth any more than the other threads here?
How much do you need to say you are addicted to Entmoot. Poeple posting the same thing post after post is redundant. Redundant threads are not allowed. The fact that you have added a twist by making it anonymous does not make it not redundant. Also, when I moderate, I like to know who I am moderating.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 01-09-2004, 01:20 PM   #45
Anonymous
Banned

Quote:
How much do you need to say you are addicted to Entmoot. Poeple posting the same thing post after post is redundant. Redundant threads are not allowed. The fact that you have added a twist by making it anonymous does not make it not redundant. Also, when I moderate, I like to know who I am moderating.
There are now 5 persons who are sharing the username Anonymous, and everyone may join if they like. I fail to see why this thread is more redundant than, let's say, the Teacup Cafe, or the Anything Post, or the Previous Poster threads.

I will of course not object to you closing the thread if people should start flaming or otherwise behave improperly.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:30 PM   #46
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
There are now 5 persons who are sharing the username Anonymous, and everyone may join if they like. I fail to see why this thread is more redundant than, let's say, the Teacup Cafe, or the Anything Post, or the Previous Poster threads.

I will of course not object to you closing the thread if people should start flaming or otherwise behave improperly.
Who are you though? See the problem I'm having? But to answer your question, I agree that it is probably no more redundant than the "teacup cafe" thread or the "Anything post" thread, but how many redundant threads should be allowed, before the entire forum turns into one huge redundant forum? I am not against a little bit of fun and even a bending of the rules at times, but I have a problem with an anonymous thread where it could make it a might difficult to moderate the posters too.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 01-09-2004, 01:38 PM   #47
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Who are you though? See the problem I'm having? But to answer your question, I agree that it is probably no more redundant than the "teacup cafe" thread or the "Anything post" thread, but how many redundant threads should be allowed, before the entire forum turns into one huge redundant forum? I am not against a little bit of fun and even a bending of the rules at times, but I have a problem with an anonymous thread where it could make it a might difficult to moderate the posters too.
These posts were redundant.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:40 PM   #48
Anonymous
Banned

Quote:
I am not against a little bit of fun and even a bending of the rules at times, but I have a problem with an anonymous thread where it could make it a might difficult to moderate the posters too.
Well for moderating you are welcome to close the thread or ban Anonymous or whatever you like if anything gets nasty. But until now it has all been good fun.

If people are not interested the thread will die by itself.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:44 PM   #49
Ruinel
Banned

Ehem...Might I make a suggestion?

*stands up*

It is in the best interest of the Anonymous Users to adhere strictly to the Entmoot Rules and to put forth a good image. Therefore, why not let them moderate themselves for a while, see how that goes. And if it doesn't seem possible for them to keep themselves under control, then SGH may close the thread and ban Anonymous as a user.

How does that sound?
Old 01-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #50
Anonymous
Banned

To all the other anonymouses: Ya couldn't have made it easier for people to do this.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:51 PM   #51
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
It is in the best interest of the Anonymous Users to adhere strictly to the Entmoot Rules and to put forth a good image. Therefore, why not let them moderate themselves for a while, see how that goes. And if it doesn't seem possible for them to keep themselves under control, then SGH may close the thread and ban Anonymous as a user.
But I think what SGH is saying is that won't help her though if flaming starts because whoever it was who flamed won't be getting their mod-thwap because they were anon, and she doesn't know who any of them are. Perhpas she can guess

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-09-2004, 01:51 PM   #52
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

This may be a thread that has to be brought to Ben's attention. One of the big differences between this and the others is that the others are not adding new profiles and stuff, so this is taking space in the database that he may consider a waste. Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

I will leave the thread open for now, pending any violation of the rules, or until Ben says otherwise.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 01-09-2004, 01:55 PM   #53
Anonymous
Banned

We are many.

Ano #6
Old 01-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #54
Anonymous
Banned

Quote:
This may be a thread that has to be brought to Ben's attention. One of the big differences between this and the others is that the others are not adding new profiles and stuff, so this is taking space in the database that he may consider a waste. Correct me if I'm wrong about that.
It is only one new user, with one profile.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:58 PM   #55
Anonymous
Banned

Quote:
To all the other anonymouses: Ya couldn't have made it easier for people to do this.
Which number are you?

Ano#2
Old 01-09-2004, 02:00 PM   #56
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
It is only one new user, with one profile.
So that means if I were to go into any anonymous profile and ban that account, that bans every anonymous account?

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 01-09-2004, 02:00 PM   #57
Anonymous
Banned

Quote:
You have to sign your post as which Anonymous you are.

~Ano#6

Damn! I can't even get a post in! The 60 second rule applies to the user "Anonymous" and if more than one of us is logged in, then it messes up the posting. Grrrrrrrrrr
Old 01-09-2004, 02:01 PM   #58
Anonymous
Banned

Quote:
So that means if I were to go into any anonymous profile and ban that account, that bans every anonymous account?
Why are you asking? Don't you know one way or the other?
~Ano#6
Old 01-09-2004, 02:04 PM   #59
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Why are you asking? Don't you know one way or the other?
~Ano#6
How about if I test my theory? I'm asking so that I can find a way to moderate this thread and keep all the little anonymous posters happy by letting it stay open.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 01-09-2004, 02:06 PM   #60
Anonymous
Banned

Quote:
Well it is not exactly as you put it. It is only one user with username Anonymous.
It is possible for you to log in as Sister Golden Hair from several computers simultaneously, you see.