Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-25-2000, 05:36 PM   #81
Darth Tater

TOR, you can't vote

Brillaint plagerism greg (NOT!)

Your vote matters. Really it does

Ok, not really. But vote for HOBBIT anyways (wait, I can't say that)

Since no one has e-mailed me with a question, I will now ask the NEXT OFFICIAL QUESTION OF THIS DEBATE. AND THE SECOND QUESTION (THE ANSWERS TO WHICH SHOULD BE E-MAILED TO ME) IS:

WHEN THE IRISH FIRST CAME TO AMERICA THEY WERE OF COURSE UPSET THAT BRITTAIN HAD TAKEN THEIR COUNTRY. IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET IT BACK THEY TRIED TO INVADE CANADA TWICE. THEY THOUGHT IF THEY GAVE BRITTAIN CANADA THEN MAYBE THEY'D GET IRELAND BACK.
WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THIS IN LIGHT OF THE CANADA WARS? ELABORATE.

Old 10-25-2000, 06:17 PM   #82
gdl96

I know that was Nixon's speach. It's a joke.

Old 10-25-2000, 09:32 PM   #83
anduin

Isn't that the second time you have used that speech on this board??

Old 10-25-2000, 10:06 PM   #84
HOBBIT

mo. Jae used Nixons resignition speech. (dmaul96)

Old 10-25-2000, 10:34 PM   #85
gdl96

Yeah, and that was a long time ago. Anyway, the speach was Nixon's speach accepting his nomination for president. (not the year he was running against jfk)

Old 10-25-2000, 10:35 PM   #86
bmilder

Geez, Tater, you pick the dumbest questions ever

Old 10-25-2000, 10:57 PM   #87
gdl96

Yes. It was quite a dumb question, as Tater might have noticed that if he read my answer.

Old 10-25-2000, 11:21 PM   #88
Gilthalion

Are all of the debate questions going to be like that?

Why do we have to email responces? Why does the voting public have to email questions?

Since I am NOT an antidisestablishmentarian candidate, I hereby reject both the tone of the biased Darth Tater commentary and the backwards tone of this debate!

Already, the voting public is discouraged!

Low voter turnout, lack of interest, poor quality debate, these are the results when the ESTABLISHMENT runs things!

It's time for a change!

Xivigg don't just drop out of the process! If you give up, we'll never beat the system, man!

BEAT THE SYSTEM!!!

Well, as a duly nominated candidate, I hereby declare that I will take questions from one and all!

Bypass the Establishment Filter!

Be Free!

Vote for Gilthalion!

Old 10-25-2000, 11:53 PM   #89
Darth Tater

Greg sent me his answer, which is brilliant. I await the others. The e-mail thing me and anduin agreed on. Yes, the question is stoopid, so why doens't someone e-mail me one or another admin ask one? I'm all alone here.

I don't greg the election was a dumb idea and I knew voter turnout would be low. Gil, calm down, you have to much free time on your hands

Old 10-26-2000, 02:15 AM   #90
Gilthalion

Calm down? CALM DOWN??!! CALM DOWN!!!

Where would we be if George Washington had "calmed down?"

Where would we be if Winston Churchill had "calmed down?"

OH YES!

That's just how the Establishment likes things!

Nice and calm.

That way, they can continue their nefarious schemes without the public having the slightest clue, as they calmly go about their calm little lives!

Well, I'm not going to take it anymore!!!!

(As you can tell from the Election Cam, I'm very busy! But when I get a little more "free time on my hands," I'll email a more or less partially brilliant response. I've got to go read that crusty old thread of ancient ENTMOOT minutia again to see just what the question means! )

This campaign refuses to be confined to specially picked emailed questions filtered through the Establishment!

I'll answer your Establishment Questions. But any time the the PEOPLE have a question for me, I'll be happy to answer!

Unlike the other candidates, I'm not hiding behind this Establishment Debate, man.

Down with the Establishment! Up with the People!

Vote for Gilthalion!

Old 10-26-2000, 06:41 PM   #91
gdl96

Calm down, Gil.

Tater, you thought my answer was brilliant!?!. Wow. Thanks. I was watching MTV when I wrote it, and I thought it would end up worse than my first debate answer. I guess I was wrong. Now I'm looking foward for people to see it.

Old 10-26-2000, 07:02 PM   #92
gdl96

Actually, I think you've got something there, Gil. Instead of waiting for your old ass and HOBBIT's hobbit ass, I'm just gonna go against tater and post my response so everyone, including my competition, can see what I wrote.

Although I did make peace with the Canada wars with IP, that doesn't at all mean that I love Canada. I course, I don't hate Canada either. I do believe that Ireland had acceptable intentions with invading Cananada, but I do not condone it. There is No Doubt that these people wanted to Rage Against the Machine. They were mad they had to grow KoRn instead of growing potatoes like they did at home. The attacks were obviously not successful because they were not N'SYNC with the forces because they all had Limb Bizkits. That prevented there from being Offspring of these Stone Temple Pilots. And it was Poison when they ate Red Hot Chili Peppers. There was also no Oasis where they were. There were some Barenaked Ladies, so the tough guys from the Backstreet, Boys would only Blink 182 times. It wasn't until the Presidents of the United States of America said stop.

Old 10-26-2000, 07:03 PM   #93
Elbreth of Carhouth

:lol:
There's so much more to read each time I come...

Don't worry Gil, I'll think up a sensible question for you.
As soon as I may, that I promise. Then we shan't have to put up with Tater's shenanigans...

Old 10-26-2000, 10:21 PM   #94
anduin

LMAO!

:lol: Nice answer Greg! From where did you rip it off?

BTW, if you swear again, I will ban you until after the election. :lol:

Old 10-26-2000, 11:29 PM   #95
Gilthalion

Re: LMAO!

WHEN THE IRISH FIRST CAME TO AMERICA THEY WERE OF COURSE UPSET THAT BRITTAIN HAD TAKEN THEIR COUNTRY. IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET IT BACK THEY TRIED TO INVADE CANADA TWICE. THEY THOUGHT IF THEY GAVE BRITTAIN CANADA THEN MAYBE THEY'D GET IRELAND BACK.
WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THIS IN LIGHT OF THE CANADA WARS? ELABORATE.

I have reread the CANADA RULES thread. I would love sometime to comment on some of the points raised, but many of them were covered quite well enough. Besides, I must answer the Presidential Debate! Here now is my opinion on the issue Darth Tater raises:

God invented whiskey so that the Irish would not conquer the world.

This simple truth requires no elaboration.

Now, regarding my young snotnosed opponent's habbitually rude language and behaviour, I remind you all of the lesson of the last eight years of American politics: Character matters!

That is why you will never see Gilthalion resort to the sort of name-calling, fear-mongering, and distortions that other candidates in this race use instead of persuasion and reason.

I eagerly await the next round of questions, though politeness demands that we wait for HOBBIT!

Old 10-26-2000, 11:45 PM   #96
Darth Tater

Re: LMAO!

The e-mail thing was so you didn't rip each other off and there wasn't pure pandamonium, but if you don't mind that then neither do I.

I am now going to offer an opinion. It is based totally on fact, but it is very unmoderatorly. That said, here goes.

Imagine if you will where Entmoot would be if it weren't for the establishement. Did you know that HOBBIT once helped in saving this board from a possible uprising on the part of Ryan and some other hooligans who will go nameless? Did you know that, if it were not for the quick and brilliant actions of the establishment I would have been banned and the only thing that would have saved this board was the fact that you can't ban the person who starts an ezboard?

The establishment is the reason this place exists. The establishment is why people like you, Gil, have something to do during their "busy" day.

However, if you want to vote for an actual anti-establishment candidate, I offer you gdl96 (Greg)

Greg has apposed the administration of this board many times. He's a pain in the @$$, to be sure, but he does sometimes help us reach a level of quality that this board would not have if it weren't for his constant pestering. He cares a lot about this place. When Entmoot has reached times of low post counts and inactivity Greg has come up with brilliant schemes that have brought the excitement back into the board, not the least of which being this election.

What about HOBBIT? (Tristan)
As I said before, Tristan has helped this board out in its darkest hour. He has helped the establishment, to be sure, but he is also one of the people. Why are there hobbit moderators? Why is there the possibility of taking part in an enjoyable little escapade like that? Tristan made it so.

So we can safely say Gil owes it all to the establishment and the occasional antiestablishmentarianism like Greg. I ask you now Gil, WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE FOR ENTMOOT? I see you making posts at the speed of light, but has that ever helped the people? Can you tell me what you have done for the board? Your young opponents, busy though they be, have found time to make Entmoot a better place. They didn't have to, but they helped the establishment reach excellence. I applaud them for this, and I, a member of the administration, ye, even the establishment, that has made Entmoot what it is today, I urge you to support a candidate who has already shown there love for this board and its people, and who will undoubtedly continue to do this no matter what.

Old 10-26-2000, 11:48 PM   #97
Hobbit Hood

gdl96 is a punk!

You're the Man, er, ah, the Hobbit, Gil!

You are just too right, man! Brilliant! Like, who ever heard of LUMPY BISCUIT or any of those other bands that clever young punk named!

They must play in UZBEKISTAN or somewhere else out in the sticks! Did they perform at the White House during the Nixon Administration?

Frank Sinatra. Nat "King" Cole. Doris Day. Tennessee Ernie Ford. Now THAT was music, Bubba!

Old 10-27-2000, 12:27 AM   #98
gdl96

Re: gdl96 is a punk!

Huh?

Good speach tater. Sorry bout the swearing. Shoulda said @$$. Oh well.
The point that I brought up early in the race about "what has Gil done for us" has finally resurfaced. Last time he ansered saying he brought grits to Entmoot. Although I think this race should really be the two main competetors being the HOBBIT and I, after all we have done for Entmoot, it is unfortunately HOBBIT vs Gil with me on the side. The admins seem to really like my answers and people like tater are supporting me (even though they're wearing HOBBIT buttons) I don't think I've seem anyone who can vote supporting me. When it comes down to HOBBIT vs Gil, my support goes to someone who has done something for us. It goes to HOBBIT. Although, the race is still hot, and will only get hotter, so I'll still be bashing both of them in my hopes to win.

Old 10-27-2000, 01:45 AM   #99
Xivigg

Now now what can i say

Moderator are supose to be neutral in this debate
Wich obviously is not the case

It's one other reason i will probably not vote
I have to send my vote to a moderator while we have proff here that some of them are actively agains't a candidat

Now I have a question for the candidat

"The first Role Playing Game was based on the Middle Earth as describe by Professor Tolkien. What was it's purpose ???"

I may vote if someone get the right answer and again maybe not.
You should all know that their is a good answer to this Question
While not as open ended as Tater Question, I think it's more related to the topic of this board.

I,ll try to find my reference for those of you who are interrested.

Old 10-27-2000, 02:02 AM   #100
bmilder

Well, the parallels are loose but undeniable...

My (loose) analogy of this race to the real race...

Gilthalion=George W. Bush
HOBBIT=Al Gore
gdl96=Ralph Nader

Gilthalion (Bush) starts out with an overwhelming lead, but after some great speeches by HOBBIT (Gore), HOBBIT makes the race a bit closer. Extremist gdl96 (Nader) seems to have no chance, but could siphon votes from HOBBIT. HOBBIT is backed by the current establishment, and Gilthalion positions himself as the "outsider."

There's obviously a lot of differences and similarities, but I just thought I'd brighten your day with that .

I remain neutral in this race... but I don't think it's fair to say that Gil has done nothing for Entmoot. He has been a regular posted for months, and taken part in Tolkien discussions, rpgs, and general debates. He has been a positive force and posted many insightful posts, keeping the board going strong. He is also a multiple contributor to the Tolkien Trail site. You don't have to post attention-grabbing threads or thwart evil administrators to be a great member of the community.

Oh, and HOBBIT and gdl96 are good too .