Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2000, 06:14 PM   #21
Gilthalion

The number one top priority of my regime, er, ah, my administration, will be to put an end to all the terrorist activity of the Dwarves.

They can tunnel, but they can't hide!

Old 10-21-2000, 06:45 PM   #22
gdl96

Do you want an old fart running Entmoot? Young people like me and Hobbit are the wave of the future.
Gil, you brought grits to Entmoot? Should I care? Look at all the famous threads there are that I started. I think I can outnumber grits. Grits cannot compare to what I have done for Entmoot.

Another reason to vote for me is because I have been a member here the longest compared to both Gil and HOBBIT. Entmoot wasn't even a week old when I joined. That even beats Anduin and IP. I have been the one here who has been very active, and I have been waiting, and waiting for the respect I deserve. I have been denied power numerous times. I have been denied a custom title numerous times. Now it's finally my chance to shine, after over a year of being neglected, and you talk about grits!!!!!

Don't just vote for me for President of Entmoot to help out the board, but also to help me get the respect I deserve!

Old 10-21-2000, 07:17 PM   #23
HOBBIT

What are grits anyway? Quoting ben
Quote:
oh, they are some weird yucky food
well, something like that......Gil don't you have anything better to do then post here? Don't you have a life/job? :d Greg and i have nothing better to do....Along with greg, i have been a member here for a long time (i joined in December) Gil has only been here for a couple months. Who cares if he posts a lot?? Who cares if he has long posts? Who cares if he might have better grammar and spelling then us? Make the right choice. Vote for me! I think the true race is between me and Greg.

Old 10-21-2000, 08:19 PM   #24
Darth Tater

Some important moments so far that I would like to highlight:

"Those "statistics" are completely wrong, not to mention made up!" - HOBBIT

"I have not, unlike my rude young opponents, made personalities an issue of this debate. I have not disparaged HOBBIT, GDL96, GREG, or any of the other inconsequential candidates as they truly deserve." - Giltholian

May I remind you that only myself and the other admins can ask questions until I open the floor!!! So Gil, asside from asking yourself questions, you have cheated. Anyways, I now present you the FIRST OFFICIAL QUESTION OF THE 2000 ENTMOOT DEBATES FOR PRESIDENT OF THE ENTMOOT

Well, I've thought over this long and hard, and now I have a headache, so I'm gonna make up a question on the spur of the moment.

I've got it! This question is quite important, as it is a way for the members to judge the quality of the candidates for a position as leader of this SPECIFIC board. THE ANSWERS WILL NOT BE POSTED IN THE THREAD. They will be e-mailed to me at darthtater@tolkientrail.com so as to prevent cheating. When I have receaved them all I will post them. Now, here we go:

WHAT IS AN ENTMOOT? WHERE WAS IT HELD? WHO CALLED IT? WHAT WAS ITS PURPOSE? WHY DO YOU THINK BMILDER AND I CHOSE TO CALL THIS BOARD ENTMOOT? WHAT IS THE SIGNIFIGANCE OF THE TITLE OF THE BOARD TODAY AND EVERYDAY? WHY AM I BABLING? WHY ARE THERE SO MANY QUESTIONS IN THIS ONE QUESTION? WILL I EVER SHUTUP?...

Old 10-21-2000, 08:23 PM   #25
Darth Tater

Oh, and Merlomo, you're too late

Old 10-21-2000, 09:43 PM   #26
Nugent

Hobbit for President

Hobbit is far better qualified on the record. Did you know that Alabama ranks 50th in health care for hobbits?

Old 10-21-2000, 10:48 PM   #27
dmaul97

vote

tristan (HOBBIT) is my vote

Old 10-21-2000, 11:08 PM   #28
Darth Tater

Re: vote

I'd say something was cheating but ben says it's not

I recieved Hobbit's response. It was very timely. Waiting on gil and greg.

Old 10-21-2000, 11:16 PM   #29
HOBBIT

Re: Hobbit for President

Nugent is correct. I care about Hobbits heath benefits. I will also make sure that all dwarves get tax cuts! I understand how much equipment for mining coasts. Gil's tax plan favors the big folk! What about us little Hobbits? I also care about dwarves, ents, elfs, etc.

Other imporant issues:

I will make the offical anthem of Entmoot "The ballad of Bilbo Baggins"
More to come

Old 10-21-2000, 11:35 PM   #30
anduin

Re: Hobbit for President

YAY!! LOL, that's a good one!

Old 10-21-2000, 11:56 PM   #31
Gilthalion

Gilthalion for President!

Hoo boy. I see my early lead vanishing like smoke!

Well, we'll just see what these youngsters are made of!

I have heard that age is an issue in this campaign.

Well I don't think it should be!

It doesn't matter how old a candidate is, if he will serve in the post with dignity and respect for the high office.

And so I will not make my opponents' youth and inexperience an issue in this campaign!

Old 10-22-2000, 12:03 AM   #32
Darth Tater

Re: Gilthalion for President!

I'd like to assure everyone that us admins are totally impartial debate moderators.

Old 10-22-2000, 12:09 AM   #33
anduin

You can say that again!

Old 10-22-2000, 04:44 AM   #34
Elbreth of Carhouth

So when will the floor be opened for questions?
I have a number of my own, for all those running.

(Btw, where'd you get those snazzy campaigning pins? )

Old 10-22-2000, 01:29 PM   #35
Darth Tater

Once all the admins who want to have asked questions. Like the town hall thingy, I'd appreciate it if you'd e-mail them to me (darthtater@tolkientrail.com) first so I can review them.

What buttons?

Old 10-22-2000, 03:15 PM   #36
Darth Tater

I have recieved a response from gdl96. Despite the fact that I find it extremely offensive I will paste it here after Gil answers, because that's the fare thing to do (though this does not suggest the board is a democracy. Rather, you are all slaves of ben, anduin, ip, tor, fm, and myself)

Gil has lost his promptness award in my mind.

Old 10-22-2000, 07:11 PM   #37
Xivigg

If you realy think i'm your slave then my plan to conquer the world from this board is working perfectly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 10-22-2000, 08:18 PM   #38
yanky19

hobbit

i support hobbit

Old 10-22-2000, 08:20 PM   #39
HOBBIT

Re: hobbit

thanks yanky!! To bad you can't vote. You are only a sapling... oh well

Old 10-22-2000, 09:18 PM   #40
HOBBIT

Re: hobbit

I'd also like to say that if anyone has any questions or comments please contact me at: hobbit@tolkientrail.com (another reason to vote for me , the only candidate with a Tolkientrail.com email addy)