The Intermittent One

Nazgul

i use the u to save me time
and thou shalt see, it is not mine
for time will tell, that time will kill
all those who wont and those who will
Old 04-01-2004, 09:04 PM   #22
Mercutio

Re: The Demands of the Army of Free Entmoot!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tessar
1. Thou shalt reinstate Sister Golden Hair (the lovely and the fair) to her position as Administrator.

2. Thou shalt raise JONATHAN to the post of President, for he is both wise and (so I’m told) stunningly cute, drawing votes from fan-girls like you wouldn’t believe.

3. Thou shalt make Tessar a mod.

4. Please?

5. And we speak for the entire army when we request this.

6. No kidding!

7. Where the hell am I?

8. Lost my flipping place…

9. Okay, here we go.

10. Thou shalt apologize to the mooters for trying to spoil their little bit of fun with the birthday thing.

11. Thou shalt declare this day: “Tolkien Reading Day #2”, this day shall be a holy day of obligation in which all Tolkien fans must read at least a chapter out of something that Tolkien has written to show their true devotion.

12. Thou shalt create a forum-altar dedicated to this day.

13. Thou shalt remove the flipping 90 second posting limit. I mean geesh! Come off with it already!

14. Thou shalt provide (the lovely and fair) Sister Golden Hair with a Queen’s Throne of Non-imported lumber milled right here in the United States with Home Grown Goodness.

15. Thou shalt find (and provide) Sister Gol-… err…. her with the real Finrod to sit next to her. Cheap substitutes will not do.[/b]

These be our demands! You have twenty-four hours before we destroy Valandil, overthrow the Moot (which is self defeating for us, but never mind that), Bust a Move, and start playing Mission Impossible music while flitting fleetly from thread to thread, causing havoc and war!!!! <-- !!!!
THE ARMY OF FREE ENTMOOT!!!!™
Blah, blah, blah.

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:06 PM   #23
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

That was almost good,
But far too 'hood',
Spell out your words right,
Or at least bid 'Good night'!
Old 04-02-2004, 11:53 AM   #24
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Okay.... Would someone please tell me what's happened??? Two days away from the moot and then I come back to this!!!
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 04-02-2004, 11:55 AM   #25
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

ahh, u missed the revolt
and resulting upsurge
against the admins?

we waged war on khamul, and valandil
but, not to worry, it was all april fools
Old 04-02-2004, 12:01 PM   #26
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Ah! That explains alot - I was only on in the morning to check the calander.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 04-02-2004, 12:05 PM   #27
Ruinel
Banned

yeah, Lalaith_elf... we missed you. You would have had loads of fun joining the Entmoot Army. Being an Elf, you could have lead more Elven archers or something... I had to do it all by my self.

Ok... SGH 'won' the election, but she was demoted from admin to mod, and Valandil was promoted to mod (as he 'won' as VP). SGH didn't like the change, and negotiated with JD to lead the Entmoot Army against the Admins (Khamul) and Valandil, who had become power hungry. Tessar put up our demands (see first post of this page) and when Khamul declined to meet them, we launched a "spam attack" where Bombadillo, myself, JD, Tessar, Last Child of Ungoliant and Radagast the Brown (not sure if there were others) opened "spam" threads of varying titles in GM. Khamul tried to keep up with padlocking them or deleting them entirely... but eventually he was beaten like a red-headed step child. Well, his girlfriend called and he couldn't keep up with the attacks.

The only demand that was not met was to make Jonathan president and me VP... Hector became president... by voter count.

Fun April Fools' Day.

[EDIT] oh, yes... a bunch of us changed our birthdays to April 1, (some year that ended in a 1; see my profile). But that was done the day before April 1st. It was funny to see all the members with birthdays pop up.

Last edited by Ruinel : 04-02-2004 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:09 PM   #28
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

hey, ruinel, u mentioned
me, but not my becoming
poet laureate of the
Army of Free Entmoot,

and u didnt mention
the part my army,
The Last Alliance of Orcs & Spiders ,
played in the war

Old 04-02-2004, 12:09 PM   #29
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

And I missed it!

I would have loved to join. And I'm sorry you were the only Elf leading the attack. We Elves have to stick together!!!

Actually I'm not that dissapointed that I missed it, cos I had a great April Fools in RL. My friends and I have a 'war' every year, and this year I won it!!!

But then again I wish I had been a part of it. We theres always next year!

EDIT: Yeah, I joined in with that one - I'm now 101 years old!!! And I don't look a day over 17 - must be the elvish blood!

Last edited by Lalaith_Elf : 04-02-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:15 PM   #30
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Actually they forgot to make me a mod, too
Old 04-02-2004, 12:22 PM   #31
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I was in the big spam war too Lalaith_Elf. It felt strange for me to make spam threads, but it was hilarious. Oh how I hated having a limited inbox and the darn 90 second rule though. If I could change those things for the mooters, I would. I felt your pain yesterday and it sucked.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 04-02-2004, 12:27 PM   #32
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

SGH SPAMMING!!!!!!!

Did you have to hit yourself with your admin stick???

And forgetting to make Tessar a mod!!! How could you??? You should be ashamed of yourselves!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 12:29 PM   #33
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

well, at least she got her
stick of wrath back !!!
Old 04-02-2004, 12:32 PM   #34
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
SGH SPAMMING!!!!!!!

Did you have to hit yourself with your admin stick???

And forgetting to make Tessar a mod!!! How could you??? You should be ashamed of yourselves!!!
My dear Elf, you do not understand. They took my admin stick away. I was just a plain, crappy forum mod of the Sil forum. My VP was trying to overthrow the government. I had no power to make Tessar mod, or anything else, so I spammed with the troops, to regain my rightful place.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 04-02-2004, 12:34 PM   #35
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

and, by jove, it worked!!

the evil khamul backed down and was vanquished
at the battle of general messages
Old 04-02-2004, 12:49 PM   #36
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
My dear Elf, you do not understand. They took my admin stick away. I was just a plain, crappy forum mod of the Sil forum. My VP was trying to overthrow the government. I had no power to make Tessar mod, or anything else, so I spammed with the troops, to regain my rightful place.
I meant did you have to hit yourself with your stick when you got your admin postion place back?

Quote:
the evil khamul backed down and was vanquished
Because of his girlfriend!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 05:29 PM   #37
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
So what do you think we are then?! If you're plain and crappy as a mod of the Sil forum?
Are you trying to tell us something?

just kidding

You seemed to like the spamming, though..

And yes, we hate the 90 second rule!!

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 04-03-2004, 05:02 PM   #38
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

When are we going to get these things moved to the old thread thingy where no one can post?!

These are good, classic spam threads!

I also think we should move all the spam ones that didn't get deleted, they're funny .
Old 04-03-2004, 05:04 PM   #39
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Especially the 'Preperation H' one!

I think they've alread moved the main thread.