Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-28-2004, 11:56 PM   #1
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Strider Welcome!

We have our own forum, so join on up and let's get things going!

Important Moderator Announcement

We NEED EVERYONE who joins the Entmoot Continent to check in and tell us who you are and what country you represent. Please submit your statistics in the Country Statistics thread.
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen

Last edited by jerseydevil : 02-04-2004 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:01 AM   #2
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I see the RPG mods are the mods of this too, but who is Mathron? I don't think i've ever seen that person on the moot, lol...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-29-2004, 12:16 AM   #3
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Yes - with SGH's help I was able to get Ben to give us our own forum.

I'll post this from the first post in the original thread...

--------------------------------------------------

Jonathan showed me this and we wanted to ask others to join us.

Go check out http://www.nationstates.net/

We created our own Continent called - "The Great Continent of Entmoot" which you can join us in. You will need the password - "swedenusa" to move into the continent.

here are some things from the FAQ to give you an idea of the game...

Quote:
So what is this?
Jennifer Government: NationStates is a nation simulation game. You create your own country, fashioned after your own ideals, and care for its people. Either that or you deliberately torture them. It's really up to you.

Is it really free?
Yes, it really is.

Is it a serious political thing, or just for fun?
Well, you can play it either way. NationStates does have humorous bent, but that's just because international politics is so inherently funny.

How do I play?
Click on the Create a Nation link and follow it from there. You'll be asked to choose a name for your nation, a motto, a national animal, and a currency. Then you answer a short questionnaire about your politics. This will determine what sort of nation you end up with: authoritarian or permissive... left-wing or right-wing... compassionate or psychotic... you get the idea.

Once a day, you'll be faced with an issue, and need to make a decision as to what to do about it. This determines how your nation evolves.
Since there is so much political discussion on Entmoot - I thought this might be interesting for us to do. It isn't very involved - so it should only take a little bit to manage your country.

Check it out and I hope to see you in "The Great Continent of Entmoot"

NOTE - this is only a fun thing - but we can discuss issues here too - as well as in the Nation States site. I think the more people we attract - the better it will be.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-29-2004 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:31 AM   #4
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

We can make our continent so great that non-Entmoot people will know about it and want to join. Then we can slowly subvert them to joining Entmoot and reading Tolkien.

Hey, did you notice you can rate threads here? (Psst... don't tell Ben. )
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-29-2004, 12:34 AM   #5
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

The three of us are whoring the hell out of this forum, lol

--Linaewen
Old 01-29-2004, 12:37 AM   #6
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Dúnedain, jerseydevil and Nurvingiel, the forum... "users" aka giant spammers.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2004, 12:40 AM   #7
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Dúnedain, jerseydevil and Nurvingiel, the forum... "users" aka giant spammers.
Well the others will come. Hopefully we can organize this properly.

And please don't spam - I am mod of this forum.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-29-2004, 12:44 AM   #8
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
And please don't spam - I am mod of this forum.
Don't be a Nazi, or my military might shall rain down upon thee

--Linaewen
Old 01-29-2004, 12:52 AM   #9
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Er... sorry about the spam. Anyway, you should change your custom title to "Continent Moderator", it would be cool.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2004, 01:02 AM   #10
jerseydevil

Quote:
Er... sorry about the spam. Anyway, you should change your custom title to "Continent Moderator", it would be cool.
I can't. "freddie/UNDERCOVER" has historical meaning. I might be able to have it added to my title though.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-29-2004, 01:06 AM   #11
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

take out the undercover, it was better as just "i am freddie" then add "Continent Moderator"

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
Old 01-29-2004, 02:22 AM   #12
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

we should try to keep this forum as clean as possible.
shouldnt have to many threads at once.
i think each owner of a nation should start one thread(except the creators of the entmoot continent) on one different subject each that will be affecting our continent.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 01-29-2004, 02:23 AM   #13
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

We could just start threads as needed. We might not need 25 threads.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2004, 02:27 AM   #14
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I don't see anything wrong with someone starting a thread when they need something, whether it is advice on an issue, a question or some idea. Just don't make a thread for something that isn't needed. I think so far every thread that has been started has been for one of the above reasons...

--Linaewen
Old 01-29-2004, 02:41 AM   #15
jerseydevil

I agree with Nurvingiel and Dunedain - it would be senseless to start a thread for each country. What will you discuss in there? Threads should only be started for a particular purpose - such as needing a quesiotn answered or to discuss an issue.

Having country threads we will wind up with one post in each one. What happens if the countries expand to be a hundred people or something.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-29-2004, 02:45 AM   #16
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

We can, as a few people including me have done already, start a thread about an outstanding issue. Then anyone who gets it can talk about it there, and we can get advice.

Hey JD, I noticed you're an anarchy now. When did you hand over control to the biker gangs? (Yet your stats are excellent. How does that work?)
Quote:
Old 01-29-2004, 02:50 AM   #17
jerseydevil

Quote:
Hey JD, I noticed you're an anarchy now. When did you hand over control to the biker gangs? (Yet your stats are excellent. How does that work?)
yeah - I'm not sure. I gave free speech and they went into anarchy. I let the nazis march. I've now decided to increase police spending. I'll put the issue up in a new thread.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-29-2004, 03:05 AM   #18
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I guess that's part of the extreme effect element of the game. I probably wouldn't have anyway, but if the Nazi's want to demonstrate in the middle of town, I'll tell them to take a hike.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2004, 03:09 AM   #19
jerseydevil

Quote:
I guess that's part of the extreme effect element of the game. I probably wouldn't have anyway, but if the Nazi's want to demonstrate in the middle of town, I'll tell them to take a hike.
Well - actually - even with knowing that it would throw me into anarchy - I would still allow them to march. I think free speech is extremely important - even if you don't agree with them. I will correct the anarchy situation through other bills - like "Police Needed".

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-29-2004, 03:13 AM   #20
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I agree with free speech too, but not where it impinges in the rights of others. I personally feel that a person's right to not be descriminated against (since it said they were having a racist demonstration or something like that) is more important than the right of people to be racist. (They're still aloud to think racist things and write racist books.)

Good idea correcting that with other laws though. Probably a series of laws will let your country be what you want it over time. Maybe our fledgeling nations are more volatile.
Quote: