Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-27-2004, 10:48 PM   #61
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
how the hell do i get my country better
As bills (issues) come up - you have to pass them.

This is what i sent to Nurvingiel, because she's not happy with her country either.

Quote:
The only way to change your country is through the laws you pass. The initial government is determined by the way you answered your questions up front. Jonathan isn't at all happy with his country.
Make sure you have two issues per day - that will bring abotu quicker change. It will probably take a day (midnight) for the system to calculate the changes - so you won't see them immediatedly.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-27-2004 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:50 PM   #62
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

oh okay.thanx and here is my countries stats

the armed republic of ridgemeadows

"a friend with weed is a friend indeed"

The Armed Republic of Ridgemeadows is a tiny, safe nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed population of 5 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass -- concentrates mainly on Religion & Spirituality, although Healthcare and Social Welfare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 42%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small but healthy private sector is led by the Trout Farming industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Retail.

Crime is relatively low. Ridgemeadows's national animal is the werewolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.

Last edited by gimli7410 : 01-27-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:54 PM   #63
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
oh okay.thanx how do you get more issues though
On the left hand side - under your country name - click on "Settings" down at the bottom you can change the number of issues you receive per day or week.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-27-2004, 10:54 PM   #64
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Welcome aboard when you join the Great Continent of Entmoot.

That is surprising.

No - the goal is not to have a lot of politcal strife. It should be kept fun. There could be some political discussions - but hopefully nothing that will result in war or people leaving the continent. We need to work together to make our continent great.

LutraMage and I are more conservative. Jonathan is unhappy with his nation because his ended up not following his political beliefs and is too liberal (he has private corporations banend. ) Everyone else I think is on the liberal side.
my little Queendom is very peaceful with Beagles running around freely in the forests!...we have hardly any crime and my people are loyal(for now )
Old 01-27-2004, 11:39 PM   #65
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Nazgul

this is so awesome! i want my queendom to have more rights, though.

The Queendom of Ravynia
We Do What the Voices in Our Heads Tell UsTo!

The Queendom of Ravynia is a tiny, devout nation, renowned for its burgeoning turtle population. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 5 millionare known throughout the region for their efficiency and work ethic, as well as their general suspicion of leisure.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Religion and Spirituality, Law and Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 30%. A small private sector is dominated by the Soda Sales industry.
Crime is moderate.Ravynia's national animal is the turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:56 PM   #66
jerseydevil

Just to let you know - in the first post is a listing of all the countries and then also their stats.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 12:03 AM   #67
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Thanks for keeping that list JD, it helps see how our super continent is doing.

I'm confused about my country now. I thought people weren't allowed to own businesses because of this:
Quote:
Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Information Technology.
But then they must be legal due to this line:
Quote:
... while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
What's the difference between private enterprise and business? I'm fine with having tightly regulated business (though maybe that's why my economy sucks), but I want them to be legal.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-28-2004, 12:13 AM   #68
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Thanks for keeping that list JD, it helps see how our super continent is doing.
Yeah - it'll change every day probably as people pass bills.
Quote:

I'm confused about my country now. I thought people weren't allowed to own businesses because of this:
Quote:
Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Information Technology.
But then they must be legal due to this line:
Quote:
... while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
Well highly regulated businesses may be owned by the country too. It seems as if your country does not allow very good free enterprise for people to do what they want and become who they want.
Quote:

What's the difference between private enterprise and business?
Private enterprise is one that isn't owned by the government. A business may be owned by the government though.
Quote:

I'm fine with having tightly regulated business (though maybe that's why my economy sucks), but I want them to be legal.
Yup - free enterprise makes an economy more healthy and produce more money for people.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 12:22 AM   #69
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Well I hope some business laws come up soon! I want to let people have their own businesses. Not only is it unfair that the government gets to run all the business, but I also think it makes us overly bureaucratic. In addition, I don't think the government should run any businesses! We should provide services and regulate non-grovernment businesses, but things like liquor stores should be privately owned.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-28-2004, 12:22 AM   #70
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

OMG! I am so mad, someone has my Kingdom Name!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 12:24 AM   #71
thranduil
Elven Warrior

back to entmoot, alright nurv. no we can't trade unless your role playing in the forums and it has no effect on your country obvously. But I'm quite sure we just keep answering the issues which will probably become more complex. I'm at two a day. so i hope to get my civil rights a little better sometime soon.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:26 AM   #72
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Me too! It's ridiculous that I have poor civil rights. And illegal businesses. Just because I think corporations do more harm than good doesn't mean I don't want any business in my country.

This law has the predictable effect of increasing corporate crime, and corruption within the government.

This is probably the root of my lousy economy and my unhappy citizens.
Quote:
Old 01-28-2004, 12:26 AM   #73
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Well I hope some business laws come up soon! I want to let people have their own businesses. Not only is it unfair that the government gets to run all the business, but I also think it makes us overly bureaucratic. In addition, I don't think the government should run any businesses! We should provide services and regulate non-grovernment businesses, but things like liquor stores should be privately owned.
well you brought it on yourself, john did warn how much those first questions will affect your country. But it will probably take a while to make some of the changes your looking for.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:28 AM   #74
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I answered the questions thoughtfully and honestly, it just gave me a result that is against my beliefs.

But as I pass laws I'm sure my country will improve.
Quote:
Old 01-28-2004, 12:30 AM   #75
jerseydevil

Quote:
I answered the questions thoughtfully and honestly, it just gave me a result that is against my beliefs.

But as I pass laws I'm sure my country will improve.
yeah - as you pass laws - things should get better - just may take a little while - but you should see some improvement.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 12:36 AM   #76
thranduil
Elven Warrior

maybe we should start an uprival, revolt, if only BB was here he would start a continent up against yours with movie lovers, that would be fun. But I wouldn't be on the movie lovers or haters continent., so nevermind.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:39 AM   #77
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Damnit! Every name I pick is taken for my Kingdom!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 12:43 AM   #78
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Damnit! Every name I pick is taken for my Kingdom!
what names have you tried? I just put "Great" in front of mine and it worked.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 12:50 AM   #79
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Finally got a name, lol, 26 years later

The Kingdom of The Reunited Dunedain
"Seven stars and seven stones and one white tree."

UN Category: Capitalist Paradise
Civil Rights: Some Economy: Very Strong Political Freedoms: Good

The Kingdom of The Reunited Dunedain is a tiny, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5%. A substantial private sector is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Arms Manufacturing.

Crime is a serious problem. The Reunited Dunedain's national animal is the swan and its currency is the dunedac.

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 12:54 AM   #80
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I updated my settings to 2 issues per day, did anyone else do this as well? I figured I need to get some stuff rolling

--Linaewen