Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-27-2004, 09:01 PM   #41
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

LOL Millane. My government also took the position that it defeats the purpose of democracy to force people to vote. If someone chooses not to have a hand in shaping the government, that's their choice. (You seem to have circumvented democracy altogether Millane. )

However, it seems that my citizens enjoy elections, so there will probably be a high voter turn-out.

Is there any way we can initiate a new law, or do we have to wait for the issue to come up? (Interesting how there were three points of view on my first issue, and my countries motto is "Understanding is a three edged sword.")

I want to pass a law allowing small businesses. People should be allowed to run or own small businesses. However, I want to have a cap of $1'000'000 on the wealth one person (and a corporation counts as one person). One million dollars is more than enough.

If someone finds themselves with too much money, they can donate to one of my countries many well-run non-bureaucratic charities, such as the Non-Essential Health-Care for the Needy (NENCN) charity.

I want to have free health care for everyone for emergency health care (broken arms etc.), and absolutely necessary things like liver transplants, skin grafts for burn victims, cancer treatment. (Income tax is high here (48%) maybe that's why.)

People have to pay for their own optical health, but low income people would get a certain amount of assistance. (Like welfare, but just for healthcare. I still have to work on that.) People who can afford it have to pay for their own non-essential health care.

I also want to legalize euthanasia. Keeping someone on life support will be part of government-funded health care.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-27-2004, 09:03 PM   #42
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
yes, just joined, "the rebublic of alphlex"
I added you to the list. 12 countries now.

I may put the listing of countries on the first post and just add the countries as people join.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-27-2004, 09:08 PM   #43
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Is there any way we can initiate a new law, or do we have to wait for the issue to come up?
You have to wait until it comes up. You can suggest something to be added to the propositions. But that doesn't guarantee that it will be accepted as a new proposition or how long it will take to go through the queue to come up for a vote.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-27-2004, 09:15 PM   #44
thranduil
Elven Warrior

ive been invited to new continents all ready but turned um all down, at least for now
Old 01-27-2004, 09:15 PM   #45
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Ok this thread is way too long already. I missed all of it. Can someone give me a summary?
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-27-2004, 09:21 PM   #46
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by thranduil
ive been invited to new continents all ready but turned um all down, at least for now
Well hopefully you will join OUR continent - The Great Continent of Entmoot.

Dunedain - most of the details are on the first page of what to do. Basically just set up a country and then move to The Great Continent fo Entmoot.

This has really taken off.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-27-2004, 09:22 PM   #47
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Basically, read JDs beginning post, and create your own country at NationStates.

Then move it to the continent of The Great Continent of Entmoot using its password: swedenusa

You do this after you've made your country, and are assigned a random location such as The Pacific.

To move to Entmoot:
Click on your location (like The Pacific) and select "move to a new region"
Then you can enter the password and head off the The Great Continent of Entmoot!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-27-2004, 09:26 PM   #48
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
(You seem to have circumvented democracy altogether Millane. )
wouldnt be much of a dictator if i didnt im fed up with my serfs, they only have to pay 33%tax i want that trippled (or at least doubled ) how am i supposed to oppress when they are still making enough Holy Millanes to support themselves, i want total control...
Quote:
...."Destroy, Conquer and Sacrifice for the honor of Millane"
i havent seen destroying, conquering or sacrificing yet, how can a punish my country
Old 01-27-2004, 09:29 PM   #49
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Well hopefully you will join OUR continent - The Great Continent of Entmoot.

maybe you didn't notice but i was the fourth to join TGCoE. Arien barely beat me. Thranduil aka Ken Watanabe from Last Samurai.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:32 PM   #50
jerseydevil

Quote:
maybe you didn't notice but i was the fourth to join TGCoE. Arien barely beat me. Thranduil aka Ken Watanabe from Last Samurai.
Okay - I lost track of who was who on the list. That's cool.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-27-2004, 09:33 PM   #51
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
your cool, who could ever dream of being better than Katsumoto, not this lowly dictator
P.S Ujios just as cool, it should have been Ken Watanabe and Hiroyuki Senada
wooo i customised my flag so my serfs can proudly look up to me on every street corner and house were my flag is proudly waved
Old 01-27-2004, 09:54 PM   #52
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
your cool, who could ever dream of being better than Katsumoto, not this lowly dictator
wooo i customised my flag so my serfs can proudly look up to me on every street corner and house were my flag is proudly waved
You are so evil. But on Entmoot I'm the most evil.

By the way - the system doesn't prevent duplicate posts when you reload the page. it's something to watch out for. It's reposted my stuff twice because I have reloaded the page after entering a message.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-27-2004, 09:54 PM   #53
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
oh ya me and you are about the only people who saw the last samurai.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:56 PM   #54
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:

By the way - the system doesn't prevent duplicate posts when you reload the page. it's something to watch out for. It's reposted my stuff twice because I have reloaded the page after entering a message.
I was wondering if you thought by posting it twice everyone would listen to you.

I wish the new game was out, sounds really cool.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:01 PM   #55
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
oh ya me and you are about the only people who saw the last samurai.
nope i think me and you are the only ones who have seen it and liked it my friend has the same birthday as Hiroyuki Senada
Quote:
well what can i say, at least my dictatorship is keeping Millaneia's crime down, whereas the Great New Jersey is rampant with criminals How can you expect to be treated with God-like status when you neglect your Religion and Spiritual areas, tsk tsk
Old 01-27-2004, 10:13 PM   #56
jerseydevil

Quote:
well what can i say, at least my dictatorship is keeping Millaneia's crime down, whereas the Great New Jersey is rampant with criminals How can you expect to be treated with God-like status when you neglect your Religion and Spiritual areas, tsk tsk
Hey - I just feel that religion and spirituality is a personal thing and should not be supported or infringed upon by the government. I think the government should stay out of it completely.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-27-2004, 10:18 PM   #57
jerseydevil

For all those involved - you should look at this thread in their forum...

New to NationStates?

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-27-2004, 10:22 PM   #58
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Hey - I just feel that religion and spirituality is a personal thing and should not be supported or infringed upon by the government. I think the government should stay out of it completely.
not if your government and religion are the same thing, as in my case i am dictator and God, i use my government powers to enforce my religion on to them and make them honor me as a God hehehe beat that mr evil
Old 01-27-2004, 10:26 PM   #59
jerseydevil

Quote:
not if your government and religion are the same thing, as in my case i am dictator and God, i use my government powers to enforce my religion on to them and make them honor me as a God hehehe beat that mr evil
There is a difference between being evil and being delusional. You are the latter.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-27-2004, 10:43 PM   #60
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

how the hell do i get my country better
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.