Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB View Post
I don't know. Sauron may have heard a detailed account of what happened on the bridge in Moria. There must have been many witnesses. There was no indication of the Ring being used there.
Well, didn't Gandalf use Magick at the Bridge - for all еру numerous witnesses to see? The blinding flash from his staff, the Bridge crumbles... What was done by the power of Narya could have been done by the power of the One, as it contained all the powers of 19 rings.
Quote:
Concerning Gandalf's return; would Sauron have known that Gandalf died? There were no witnesses to that. Also, I thought that Sauron was able to be rebodied (unaided) because the Ring survived and the Ring was Sauron. Even if Gandalf managed to gain some control of the Ring, I doubt that his bodily existence would be tied to it as Sauron's was
Everyone saw how both Gandalf and the Balrog fell into the chasm. Everyone thought it was the end of them and the report must have gone to Sauron and Saruman.
Moreover, Sauron might have watched the battle on Zirakzigil via the Palantir, if he happened to be using it at the moment. Both opponents died.

About re-embodiment, I honestly don't know. Perhaps another Maia could have used Sauron's Ring for re-embodiment, perhaps not. At least the Ring contained enough Power to accomplish Maia re-embodiment easily, but I don't know it the power had to be specimen-specific.
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote