Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #61
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Trisha put her head down and tried to look inconspicuous. "Why did I decide to interview next door when I had to call in sick just to get enough time off work?” she wondered, not for the first time. But it could not be helped. Acme Products was going under, and it was every man – and woman – for his or her self. Still, she could never put away that twinge of guilt. It would stay with her for years, long after Acme Products, and her new employer, had gone the way of the dodo. The spot was always haunted for her.

Next topic: Salami and jellyfish
Old 02-19-2009, 01:38 PM   #62
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

One beautiful morning Sam the Salami was walking into the forest.

Suddenly Sam the Salami spotted a jellyfish hopping along between the trees. The jellyfish saw Sam and hopped its way over.

”Hey” said the jellyfish, ”I’m Jerry. I’m a jellyfish”
”Hey” said Sam, ”my name is Sam. I’m a salami”

”How old are you Sam?” asked Jerry, the Jellyfish. ”I’m 40”
Sam the Salami thought that was kind of weird, because jellyfish can only age to 5. Jerry the Jellyfish said he wasn’t normal.

”I’ll go home now” said Sam, the salami.
”I’ll stay here” said Jerry, the jellyfish.

Subject: Mad breakfast cereals that are carnivores.
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #63
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Grey drizzle sizzled into despairing steam on the upturned and de-railed Freight train. Only the wild wind moaned or moved.

Fleeting rays danced with the sputtering flickering sparks amisdst the desolation.

Clack..clack..clack, a repetitive drone whispered.

Even the Jackals gave the mangled lurid eery glowing corpse a wide berth. No matter their Hunger, primordal instinct raged.

Silence.

Rain.

Desolation.

... and upfront in the driver's cabin, what once was a man, eyes bloodied with shock, gibbering dementedly and disembered from the waist down, stared forever at his cereal bowl....

Subject: What happens at Midnight...
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #64
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

It was midnight now. Clare opened her bedroom window. Her hands were shaking with fright. Already she heard the howling of the hulking beast on the hill.

She was tired but not sleepy. She had taken up the habit of sleeping during the day, so as to stay awake at night. She worried the beast would come to her window.

This night was different. She'd bought a gun and had taken classes for shooting. No more would this beast haunt her. It was only a matter of waiting till it tramped down the hill.

"GRAAAAAHHHHWWOOOOOOOO!" Howls from the beast. Gun at the ready.

Next subject: finding lost tools

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #65
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Anastasia swore loudly as she stubbed her toe on the hammer. She began hopping around on her one good foot until she landed on the monkey wrench.

Her eyes widening in surprise and pain, she abruptly flopped down onto the floor, clutching her aching feet.

"Where did these tools come from?! I lost them 2 years ago!" Anastasia shook her head and surveyed the damage done to her feet, muttering to herself about the strangeness of life.

Behind her, in the shadows, the gremlin plotted his next move. He caressed the scissors lovingly and laughed. Anastasia turned and saw nothing.

Next topic: Berets

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Empress_Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #66
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Private Woodball stood up having done his business in said toilet. Yet unbeknownst to him, his red beret had taken a unfortunate fall from the safety of his military-enforced razor-cut hair and onto the Private's droppings below in said toilet.

The happily ignorant Private Woodball put his hand on the handle and pushed..

*Flussssshhhhh!!*.. *Shhhhhhluuuuuuuurp!!*.. the Private looked down onto the swirling water below and to his great surprise, along with it, swirled and twirled something that looked indeed like his red beret.

"Ah s**t!!!" cried the Private.. and, true enough, never before had his words had such multi-layered meaning..

Next subject: Candy and stupid kids
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #67
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
CANDY & STUPID KIDS

Earl was crazy about chocolate - unfortunately he got rather painful blisters as a result - but always forgot that his craving was the cause of the painful state of affairs in his mouth. He devoured chocolate as if there was no tomorrow and the recycling bin was topped up with the result of this orgie in delectable morsels. Another aspect of Earl's make-up was that he was rather dimwitted and couldnt quite understand why his teeth rotted. That it had anything to do with that he never brushed his teeth didn't occur to him although his gums constantly hurt.

Next subject: Willpower

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-04-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #68
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

WILLPOWER

The Biggest Loser competition was entering its 8th week and John was having trouble keeping his focus on the job at hand. Last week he had been on the verge of being eliminated but escaped by the skin of his teeth. Now he really had to put his best foot forward and obey his team's trainer to the letter. When John came into the gym Bob came over and told him in no uncertain terms that this week was make or break for him. Unless he did his utmost to loose the essential amount of pounds he risked getting eliminated.

Next subject: The field

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-04-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #69
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

THE FIELD

It lay there in the middle of the forest, abandoned to the infringements of the trees. Nobody had worked it for decades. Wildflowers and weeds choked the grass still struggling to push its tiny green tops above the colourful matting of multitude petals and buds. At times, though, deer and rabbits sauntered out into the field to graze. Then it felt that its existence was not quite as depressing as it most of the time was. One day a group of farmers came to look it over. They had scythes to clear the grounds. Life had returned to the field.

Next subject: Honey

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-04-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #70
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

HONEY

George the Busy Bee was out reconnoitering the meadow for suitable nectar and pollen-rich targets. His wingmen, Dave and Tom, flanked him and kept a sharp facetted eye on the surroundings. In the knee-high grass of the meadow Azaleas, Bluebells, Clover, Daisies abounded. Dave and Tom veered off towards a couple of heavily down-weighed specimens and set down on them and began to slurp and collect. George was more careful in his selection and targeted a specific Bluebell for his initial foray. The three of them worked diligently at their delectable task. Fully loaded they made for home sweet home.

Next subject: The Old Days

Old 02-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #71
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

THE OLD DAYS

The alpha male had seen his best days. The other members of the group was beginning to look at him with the greedy eyes of power-hunger. One of the youngest yearlings thought he stood a chance at the leadership and challenged the old wolf to a fight to the death - winner takes it all. What appeared to the young uppity challenger to be an easy win proved to be nothing of the sort. He got a bit carried away by the initial success, but soon found himself fighting for his life. The old wolf proved his mastery yet again.

Next subject: The Tower

Old 02-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #72
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

THE TOWER

The tall spire stood in the centre of the little community of Upper Barnum. It loomed 250 feet above the red, tiled roofs of the houses in the town and had been a major tourist attraction ever since Upper Barnum had been put on the map by the British Tourist Board. The massive grey blocks making up the structure had weathered the ravages of time well, though its walls were now dotted with small patches of green moss. People could still ascend the thousand steps up to the very top of building. The awe-inspiring view from there was stupendous indeed.

Next subject: ABANDONED

Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #73
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

ABANDONED

Danielle had slipped down the steep slope and lay there with a broken leg. Nobody of the group had seen her fall since it had happened so fast she hadn't had time to shout. And now their voices had faded as they walked on up the path to the hill they were making for. She felt wretched, cold and the pain was atrocious. Fortunately, she still had her backpack. She took it off and unzipped it. In it there was a two bottles of water, three apples and some dark chocolate. Whether she would survive or not Danielle didn't know.

Next subject: AT THE OFFICE
Old 02-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #74
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

AT THE OFFICE

Mr Johnson was sitting in his little cubicle, which had been his abode for the past five years. His job was to go through the weekly reports on the salesfigures and it had become a tedious and boring assignment. He had hoped for a promotion to the more important post as head of the section, but had been passed over for a younger man. Mr Johnson didnt look forward to beeing stuck in this little grubby space for the duration of his working life. The light of the computor and the click of the keyboard made his existence almost intolerable.

Next subject: THE LAZY LIFE OF A SEAL

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-04-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #75
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

THE LAZY LIFE OF A SEAL:

Gilbert lay sunbathing on his usual rock. Life was good, he thought. He had not a care in the world except for an occasional foray into the sea once in a while. His buddies were lazing about on islets nearby. It was near to noon and Gilbert felt that familiar tug in his belly - it was time for a little jaunt out into the wild and wet blue yonder. His mates slid off their rocky resting places to come along. Immediately they spotted a school of fish in the distance. They rapidly approached it and began to feed greedily.

Next subject: THE CUTE LITTLE LAMB
Old 02-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #76
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

THE CUTE LITTLE LAMB

Poor Benjamin was the runt of the litter. He was the apple of his mother's eye. A wool -like little cotton ball. His siblings were not particularly pleased with the extra attention that their parent was giving her youngest one. Benji, as he was usually called, ran around in the corral free as a bird and full of the excitement of discovering new things and exploring the surroundings. He was often out and about early in the morning and sometimes he would just sit and watch the sunrise - enjoying the spectacular colours reflected on the clouds in the sky.

Next subject: THE MAP
Old 02-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #77
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

THE MAP

John was quite lost. The map which Mr Jackson had given him was almost indecipherable. Stains from coffee, beer, butter and worn patches made the task at hand almost impossible. John tried his best at least. Scrutinizing the parts of the map that was quite clear did get him somewhere to begin. He began walking along a path that could barely be seen among the stains and blotches, but at least somewhat visible on the paper representation of the surrounding countryside. He entered a clearing and saw the sun. This brought him some relief. Now he knew where to go.

Next Subject: THE PARASOL

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-04-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #78
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

THE PARASOL

Lady Emily Croydon- Smythe sat on the balcony of her well-appointed five-room, fourth-floor abode in a building that seem to be the work of a protegé of Le Corbusier with a splendid view of Hyde Park. It was high summer and the Sun shone from an almost clear sky. White, cottonlike clouds slowly slid across the blue expanse, their faint shadows passing over the green lawns in the centre of the park. The Lady Emily had as a precaution against being bothered by the Sun opened up the parasol standing just behind her. Beneath it's shade she sat quite comfortably.

Next subject: THE ROADTRIP

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-04-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #79
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Hey? What happened to posting subjects?

I didn't even know this thread was here!
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #80
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Hi Mitch! These stories I've posted on a group page for the purpose on Facebook. Thanks for coming by. I've added a subject now. Glad you want to participate. Best GW

THE ROADTRIP

On the 6th of June they meant to embark on this epic journey. Their friends and relatives all stood on the parking lot by the mall to wave them off. They had planned the trip meticulously. Had bought current maps, stocked up on food and water, woolblankets and extra clothing. They even gotten a couple of walkie talkies and satellite cellphone in case of dire emergency. So off they went along Route 66 on which they intended travel all the way from Chicago to the LA. They had planned the trip so they could stop off on various tourist-attractions too.

Next subject: The Caribbean Cruise

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-04-2012 at 05:51 AM.