Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #21
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

“Where are we going, Aevor?” Aisha asked nervously as they continued down a path that had detoured from the main road just outside of the city gates. Once again, the enigmatic Aevor refused to answer. Aisha grew increasingly frustrated at him, and when it became clear that once again he would not answer her she darted forward into his path, effectively halting the silent elf.
“I said, ‘Where are we going, Aevor?’!” she shouted.
“Move out of my way, Aisha,” Aevor replied calmly.
“No, I will not!” she said, “As far as I’m concerned, we’re…”
“We’re not lost,” he said assuredly, “if that’s what you were about to say.”
“No,” she objected, “that’s not it at all. I’m well aware you know where we are, but I also know for certain that we’re heading east, not south. Archalace is reached by following the main roads or by one of our secret trails, but this road…” and with this she jabbed a finger at the solid figure of Aevor, “… you’re leading us into the wilderness.”
“It’s less likely we’ll avoid detection if we avoid the known routes to Archalace,” he stated.
“That’s not it,” she said, glancing over at Sky with concern. Whispering, she said, “To the east lie the lands of the Ferals, and, worse still, the…”
“You do realize that he can hear you,” Aevor said with a grin.
“That doesn’t matter, Aevor!” she said, raising her voice to a shout.
Suddenly, Sky pushed past the two elves and stood facing down the trail and away from them.
“You know, I don’t need you two sheltering me,” he stated flatly.
“Of course you don’t,” Aevor said with a grin at Aisha, “you passed the Test; however, some seem to forget this.”
“I remember well enough,” she said bitterly, “but besting you or me is one thing, it is another to face a…”
“We won’t be confronted by one of them,” Aevor assured, “you can relax.”
At this, Sky turned to face his companions.
“Stop interrupting her, Aevor,” he said.
Aisha glanced with confusion at Sky, not knowing why he had suddenly taken up for her.
“You’re hiding something from me,” Sky continued, “and I’ve had just about enough of that kind of thing. I told you to stop sheltering me. That means from knowing stuff that may scare me or something. I’m not scared. I want to know.”
“Very well,” Aevor said, and with his consent, Aisha calmed considerably. Aevor turned, and, finding a large tree that had fallen to the side of their path, he took a seat.
“What she speaks of,” said he, “are two perils that lie on the path before us. The first are the Feral Elves which she mentioned earlier, and the second are the Feints. Which would you like to know of first, Sky?”
The way Aevor spoke reminded Sky of lessons he had received from the Master long ago, and he found himself sitting cross-legged on the ground before Aevor.
“Go ahead in the order you mentioned them,” Sky said.
“Very well,” Aevor replied. “You may take a seat, Aisha, if you wish. Go ahead and rest your feet.”
Aisha consented and sat down beside Sky. For a second the two of them locked gazes, and Sky could somehow sense that she did, in fact, care about him. He turned away from her, not letting the confusion on his face show.
“Now,” said Aevor with a grin as everyone became situated, “about the Ferals…”
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #22
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

“To explain the Ferals properly, one must go back several generations to a time when Elves and Men existed openly yet separately of one another. During those days the elves were already an ancient race; older than many trees, even, whilst the race of men was young but strong and full of the fire of life.”
“The elves had seen many troubles in the past, kingdoms had risen and fallen, much that was treasured was lost, and many of our kind had died or forsaken the world and relinquished their spirits from their bodily vessels. It happened in that time, ages ago for your kind, Sky, that a young charismatic leader emerged from our race and through the power of his words and the conviction therein united our race into a single nation, the nation of Ondrasia. It was a powerful nation located centrally in the known world, and all races knew and revered our power. Yet, we were masters of none, and took from no one. Ours was a power earned by the strength of our hands and the mastery of our skill. We were unchallenged by all; that is, until the adolescent race of men began to grow into power.”
“It was through no battle of arms that our race lost its hold on the world; rather, it was contest of will, and ours, which had been diluted by centuries of content, was found to be weaker. At first we took the fledgling nation known then as Archoll under our wings, eagerly teaching them secrets of craft and trade that only we knew. We were glad to have those to teach and impart our knowledge, our wisdom, and, ultimately, our legacy upon. It seems, however, that we were overeager. It wasn’t long by our accounts that men grew restless under the content that had weakened us. The race of men grew violent, first towards the elves, which proved to be of no avail, and then towards each other. Archoll soon divided into two nations: Archalace in the south and Ollandace in the west. Conflict escaladed, and the soon the wounds the two nations inflicted upon each other were felt by all.”
“The elves grew ashamed of men, and they ever worked to bring peace to the warring kingdom, but as more men met with death, the elves found they could not bear to dwell with man any longer. Many of our kind fled to the wildernesses in the north and the east and there they vanished from the world, whilst the wars of man escaladed, destroying much of the realm of Ondrasia, which lied in the path of the conflict. Many centuries since then have passed, and man became peaceful once again, and the two nations made a pact of trust at last. To seal this pact they built a new city over the ruined lands which had born the scars of much of their conflict. In place of Ondrasia, which had slowly been forgotten, there was built the vast and mighty city of Archondrace.”
“But the elves were not fully gone from the world, and even today do men tell tales of a people that haunt the eastern wilderness. There are stories of beings with the bodies of beautiful men and women, but with spirits like wild animals. They are violent, for few ever survive an encounter with them, and none escaped unscathed. They are elves; driven feral by centuries of harsh struggles in the wilderness. Yet, many are ancient and cunning, and few things enter their realm without their consent.”
“You should respect them, Sky, for we will be passing through their realm, and you have already faced the prowess of a Feral once in combat.”
Sky gave Aevor a confused expression, but Aevor merely grinned and pointedly faced Aisha. Sky looked at her in astonishment, but she did not look up from the ground, and it seemed as though the truth shamed her.
“Aisha…” Sky said, “You… are a Feral?”
“As is the other one you met,” Aevor stated, “in those last brief moments of your dream you met Sa’if, who was also once a Feral.”
“Are you not forgetting someone, Aevor?” Aisha asked quietly, though she still did not lift her gaze.
“Hmm? Am I?” Aevor asked as he thought.
“Do not hide it, Aevor,” she said, “you cannot. All of the Order’s members were once Feral.”
“Not quite,” he replied.
“What do you mean?” Aisha asked, her gaze finally lifting to meet Aevor’s. She saw that the ancient elf was grinning.
“I have never gone Feral,” he said. Then, he spoke to here in a strange tongue that Sky could not understand. As he spoke, her eyes grew wide, and she tore her gaze away from his; however, this time her face shown with deep contemplation. She looked up at Sky and was about to speak, but Aevor said suddenly.
“That is not for him to know, Aisha!” The sternness in his voice told her that grave consequences would befall her should she disobey. Still, she could not keep such a dangerous secret to herself, Sky had to know!
Before she could speak again, however, Aevor resumed his lesson, “Now, about the Feints…”
Old 09-14-2007, 09:36 AM   #23
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Even as he spoke the name, it seemed as though the darkness about them constricted upon them, and both Sky and Aisha shuddered.
“Yes,” Aevor said, but hesitation was visible on his face, “the Feints… Sky, there’s a reason for everything, even the things we don’t think about. Do you remember how, so long ago, you were afraid of the dark?” Sky nodded. “Well, there’s a reason for this as well. When we are young we are more attuned to the world around us, because we are more vulnerable. And I tell you now, you were not afraid of the dark for nothing. In the dark of night there dwells death; in the darkness of night, there dwell the Feints.”
“You mean I was afraid of the Feints?” Sky asked.
“We all were,” Aevor replied, “and with good reason. I don’t say this to scare you, Sky, but to tell you the truth. They are dangerous beyond all measure. I don’t exaggerate when I say they are a peril to all living creatures. They have the potential to destroy everything we know and cherish.”
“How?” Sky asked.
“Deceit,” Aevor answered.
Sky returned with a skeptic look, but the seriousness on Aevor’s face told him this was no joke. “Truly, how can deceit destroy all that we know?”
“It nearly killed you, did it not?” Aevor asked.
Sky glanced over at Aisha, knowing of what Aevor spoke. She looked him in the eye, and in her eyes he could see that she begged his forgiveness. How could he, though? He turned away to focus on the subject.
“Do you mean to say that they have the same power?” he asked. “I thought that all she did was use magic or something.”
“She did use magic,” Aevor said, “and powerful magic at that. But I tell you now that next to a Feint it was as nothing. Feints are beings of magic. Beings of deceit. On a whim they could do to you that which took all of our dear Aisha’s might. No human has ever escaped from the grips of a Feint, and only a handful of the mightiest of elves have ever managed to barely escape with their lives.”
“Magic is deceit,” Aevor went on, “The only true power it has is to trick others into believing in a thing that does not exist, but, as I’ve told you, a thing that is not real can kill you if you believe it can.”
“How does anyone or anything escape them, then?” Sky asked.
“Only those who have received intense training can learn to see through the magic a Feint uses,” Aevor said, “but only then if they are lucky enough to realize the truth before they die.”
“How could one have time enough realize the truth?” Sky asked.
Aevor replied, “It has been said that some Feints enjoy toying with their prey instead of killing it right away. The lucky ones were those who have realized the truth in those few moments of torture and were thus able to escape. Few are as fortunate, though.”
“Are there any living right now who have ever survived an attack from a Feint?” Sky asked.
An uncomfortable look settled over Aevor’s face, and he did not reply.
“There are some,” Aisha replied for him, “but they live secret lives now, and do not wish to be disturbed by the memory of it. Most who have had an encounter like that tend to want to forget about it.”
“So, you couldn’t ask them what one looks like?” Sky asked. Now both his companions were quiet, and an uneasiness fell upon them. “Well, could you?”
“Sky,” Aisha began, but was interrupted by Aevor.
“No one knows what a Feint looks like,” he said, “not even those who survived have seen a Feint’s true form.
This astounded Sky, but before he could ask another question, Aevor stirred from his seat.
Standing, Aevor said, “Come, we’ve tarried overlong, and I fear that now our dear friend Sa’if may be ahead of us. We can’t let him get to your sister, Sky.”
Facing the path ahead, the mysterious Elf once again took the lead of the company. Sky glanced at Aisha, who gave him a worried look just before she rose to follow Aevor.
“How did I get stuck with all this?” Sky murmured as he jumped up to his feet and began to follow the other two.

Last edited by Tuinor : 09-14-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #24
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Miserable creature,” thought Sa’if to himself as he tightened his makeshift bandages over the wound on his right thigh. The dwarf had just barely managed to hit his mark as Sa’if had leapt into the trees, but his shot now counted for a great deal of annoyance. It would not slow him down too much, and certainly he could still complete his task; however, now any sort of pleasure he might have had in doing so was gone. Only wrath filled him now as he crept along the slender bough of a tree. His balance exceeded comprehension, and this he attributed to the Feral blood within him. Without effort he glided along the branches in the forest canopy as he slowly approached the castle walls. Knowing that he would have to wait until dark before he could make his move, he began searching for a place to rest until the sun set. After a few minutes of searching, his eyes fell upon a small hollow at the base of a very large and ancient tree. That would do perfectly. He gently leapt down to the earth a dozen feet below him, but as he landed with elfin grace he grimaced in pain and let out as loud a gasp as he dared. His hands reached down to his thigh, and his fingers felt the warm dampness of his own blood coating the bandages.
Cursed dwarf!” thought Sa’if, barely containing his rage at the creature. He walked slowly towards the hollow, but with each step pain flared from his wound. When he finally reached the hollow and reclined into its shade, he looked down at his great sword and in his right hand he held the hilt with a death grip. Oh, how he would make that dwarf pay if ever he happened upon him again!

Daker was seriously winded when he finally reached the turret where Dhonder stood watch over the countryside. Dhonder, who was surprised enough by Daker’s sudden emergence from the trapdoor in the turret, grew seriously concerned after he noticed his brother’s quick, heavy breaths.
“Daker!?” asked he, “What brings you here? And why are you winded? Certainly the dear didn’t scare you out of the woods, did he?”
“It- it’s no- laughing matter,” said Daker as he gasped for breath.
Dhonder frowned, knowing Daker to not be the fooling type. Patiently, as was his nature, he waited for Daker to reclaim his breath. When his brother’s breathing had slowed considerably, he asked, “Now, what happened to you?”
Daker commenced to recounting the events of the morning as best he could, retelling of the quarry he had chased (which hardly concerned Dhonder) to his mysterious stalker (which gravely concerned Dhonder). No one in all their lives had ever been able to sneak up on Daker. Why, the dwarf was like a cat, however odd that may seem! He was more at home in the woods than many wild animals! This only proved the gravity of the situation, as now Dhonder knew that somewhere out there was someone gifted with deadly stealth and a malicious intent.
“Inform the rest of the royal guard,” Dhonder said after a few moments of thought, “and tell the rest of the family as well. I’ll see to it that the guard is doubled tonight. Also, tell Analdon of the threat. I don’t want any attempt on his life, or, heaven forbid, our dear Snow, to succeed. Do you understand?”
“Of course, my brother,” said Daker, whose breath had fully returned.
“And, Daker,” said Dhonder as his brother began to leave, “don’t let it look like we suspect anything. If there’s an assassin out there, then we don’t want to scare him off so that he may try again some other time. We need to catch him. Understood?”
“Of course, my brother,” repeated Daker as he disappeared into the trap door.
Finding himself alone, Dhonder began to ponder to himself the gravity of the situation, and he suddenly felt that something was terribly wrong. He couldn’t say what or where the feeling came from, but something told him that very soon things were going to get messy. He sighed heavily before heading off to issue his orders to the guard under his command.

Last edited by Tuinor : 09-27-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #25
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Aisha had grown rather distant in the past few hours of their journey and walked by herself along the boughs of the trees just as her kind were accustomed. Occasionally she’d glimpse through openings in the trees the far off castle of Archalace glistening faintly in the low morning light, and though the sight of their destination comforted her, it did not relieve the pain she felt in her heart. Her thoughts returned to Sky once again, and grief and confusion swept through her. Though she hid her thoughts well from the others, the fact that she was aloof was enough to tell Aevor that something was amiss with her. She scowled at the thought of that, and found herself distrusting the ancient elf even more. He seemed too accomplished at his schemes to be trusted by anyone, and this left her worried for Sky, who trusted the schemer with his very life. She allowed herself one quick glance back at him, and was gladdened by the fact that she wasn’t noticed, yet saddened as well. Turning around she caught another glimpse of the walled-city of Archalace, and she began to wonder when all of this would come to an end.

Sky walked a few paces behind Aevor, who continued silently along the pathway. He knew they must be getting close, for with every break in the trees he could see another great stone city of man lying before them. He hoped that he would not have the same fortunes there as he had back in Archondrace, and in hope he looked forward to meeting this sister of his. Snow White. He wondered what she was like, if she had lived alone as he had, and whether or not she would accept him as her brother. The thoughts of their encounter made Sky all the more nervous as he watched the walled city grow larger before him.

Aevor walked along in silence as he listened to the whispers all around him. Glancing back and forth, he wondered what could have upset these woods so terribly. Perhaps it was the malevolence of their competition that had set aflame the wood’s anger. Sa’if had changed so much since he had been indoctrinated into the Order, and it was well known to many in the Order that some of the forests no longer accepted him as before. He was a fell servant, indeed.
“Still,” thought Aevor to himself, “he is only doing as he is misled to believe is right.” And that thought saddened him.
Then suddenly a chill lashed out against him, and all the forest’s soft whispers silenced. A shadow passed over his mind, and Aevor’s eyes widened with understanding.
“We must work quickly!” he shouted, dashing forward towards Archalace.
“What?” Sky asked just as he broke into a sprint behind him.
“We must be gone by tonight!” between breaths he shouted, “Archalace must not even be within sight!”
“What do you mean?” asked Aisha as she leapt down to join them in their running.
“Trust me,” was all he said as he continued forward.
Aisha cast a worried glance at Sky, who pretended not to notice as the three made their way towards Archalace.

Last edited by Tuinor : 11-04-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM   #26
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Images flashed through her mind as Snow continued to ponder her nightmares. She would not worry Analdon, but she knew that it was no mere dream. The images continually surged against her mind day-in and day-out. Consciousness was no escape from her fears. Only the light of the sun brought her any relief. Thus, there she lay on the grass in the courtyard of the castle in broad daylight for all to see. She cared not who looked. Her thoughts were on the images that she saw even behind closed eyelids. Now she beheld once again that fearful moment; in her mind she witnessed what she knew was the final setting of the sun. She knew where she was in the image: within her quarters. But that all changed as a figure cloaked in black burst into her thoughts, shattering them like glass. His wild grey eyes were the only feature she could see beneath his hood, but they were still enough to frighten her. She wanted to scream, but she held it in. Next came the long darkness, and the terrible whispering. Feints… Feints… Her heart froze in terror at the name, yet she knew not why. Then the darkness was pierced by that singular, lonely figure. She had pieced together this much of her dreams, and up ‘till then they flowed smoothly like a well rehearsed play, but once she saw the figure madness erupted in her mind. She witnessed countless battles, people shouting and screaming, flames that burned wildly, and, against it all, that unbreakable darkness. Suddenly, though, the chaos was silenced by a figure with white hair and blue eyes who fully consumed Snow’s attention. She had never before seen this one, but his face seemed kind although troubled. She felt that he locked gazes with her, and the two stared wordlessly for a long moment. A deep sadness filled her for him, but he smiled softly and mouthed a word that she could not decipher. Then, he turned away and the darkness consumed him.
Snow’s eyes opened sorely at last. She felt a chill on her cheeks, reached up to touch them and felt wet drops running down from her eyes, and then she realized that she had been crying for him.

Last edited by Tuinor : 10-15-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:22 PM   #27
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Jahud stared out across the world’s great expanse, and he waited for the wind to bring him word of what was occurring in the far off south. Atop a high tower in Archondrace he stood, even in broad daylight, for he knew he would be hidden from unfriendly eyes. As he waited he half expected to hear news of Sa’if’s failure, so impatient was the younger elf at such matters. Jahud was not overly concerned about this, though, and simply ran through his mind the countless back up plans he had considered over he past two centuries of his life. Surely nothing would occur that would be too unexpected. So far, all had followed a predictable pattern, and one which he had thought of at least over five decades ago. No, there was not much that could surprise the Master, and at this thought Jahud permitted himself a small grin.
Then at last a small gust from the south blew into his hood and brushed his face. He listened intently as the wind told him what it knew. Sa’if had been postponed, and Aevor had caught up with him. Not unexpected at all. Jahud had just begun to ponder the differing possibilities that might take place when suddenly a chill gripped him.
“Certainly not here!” he thought to himself, with anxiousness growing within him. Then, he realized where he had sensed it from. The south. His brow furrowed, but he had planned for such a thing as this as well. He smiled grimly and began to whisper in an ancient, forgotten tongue. Suddenly and fiercely the wind changed direction, but Jahud continued his chant. The wind began to pick up speed until it was blowing dreadfully and violently southward, but Jahud knew that the true message within the words would only reveal itself where he had instructed. Smiling at his work, he turned and calmly descended back into the darkness of the tower.

Analdon had just received word on the presumed threat in the forest when another guard burst into the room. Dismissing Daker’s messengers he motioned the guard to come forward.
“Your majesty,” said he as he approached the prince, “There are three travelers being held under guard at the north-main gate. They seek to enter, but we felt that your opinion was needed in this situation.”
“What situation? Travelers should be admitted into the city at all times, no excuses,” Analdon replied with agitation, for his mind was preoccupied with thoughts concerning the possibility of an assassin.
“But, my lord,” stammered the guard, “they fit the description of the ‘threat’ we were warned about.”
“What?” Analdon said, his full focus now on the guard.
“Th-that is why we have detained them,” he finished, “for your inspection, majesty.”
“Thank you, soldier,” Analdon said, “tell me, what is your name?”
“Andun, sir,” the guard replied.
“Andun,” repeated Analdon, “you have my thanks for your patience.”
“Thank you, sir.”
Andun darted off, apparently busy with a great many orders. Dhonder would be told of this for sure, as well as the other captains on duty. Analdon decided it would be best to not keep them waiting and thus began making his way to the north-main gate.

Last edited by Tuinor : 10-18-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #28
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Dherger grinned devilishly to himself as he overlooked the three suspected travelers being held at spear point by his guards. He had just been notified of the threat right before noticing them on the road. When he learned of the presumed threat to his dear Snow’s life, he swore that no threat would even come within a thousand feet of her sweet head. Now he had caught them, and they stood before him as mice cornered by a hungry cat. Or, at least in his mind they did, but in reality the group was rather quiet and complacent, as if nothing the guards did could interfere with their motives. Still, blinded by his pride Dherger failed to notice this as he began to shout interrogative questions to his captives.
“So, what kind of fools do you take us for, huh?” he barked. “Did you think we would just let the three of ya walk on into our city with gates wide open? Did ya?”

As the loud, impetuous dwarf continued rambling on, Sky felt an obligation to tell him that they did in fact walk right through open gates, and that they had only been stopped within the city walls, but a sharp glance from Aevor told him that to speak up now would not be wise. Sky nodded, and remained silent, but his glare towards the obnoxious dwarf only worsened as the fool continued shouting ridiculous questions towards them.
“Apparently, they have had encounters with Sa’if,” Aisha whispered to Aevor, who only nodded in return, but he was not the only one to hear her.
“Eh? What was that, missy?” shouted Dherger, who broke through his soldiers’ ranks to stand face-to-, well, -waist, with Aisha. Still, his height deterred him not, and he continued to rant at the much taller Aisha. “You just about ready to confess? Well? Tell me, who sent ya? Was it the king of Archondrace? Hmm? How ‘bout the Shadowed? You a member of those assassins, girlie? Huh?”

As Snow sat up from her spot on the grass she heard shouts coming from the guards by the north gate. Unmistakably she picked out the coarse sound of the young dwarf Dherger as he ranted and raved at his captives. She sighed at the thought of it, and decided it would be best for her to help the poor souls out of the trouble he’d in all likelihood mistakenly accused them of. Standing, she took a deep breath and began to make her way to the northern gate. Even as she did, a gentle hand took her by the arm and halted her before she got more than ten feet.
“My love, I don’t think it’s wise for you to be here,” whispered Analdon into his wife’s ear, “it may not be safe for a princess.”
“Whatever it is, Dherger has got it firmly under his control,” she replied without looking back at him, “and, knowing him, I’d say he’s handling it a bit too firmly…”
“Snow,” said Analdon, “look, I don’t want you to be hurt. I couldn’t bear it. Please, for me, will you not get involved?”
“Only if you take charge and shelter those poor people from Dherger’s overactive imagination,” she replied, “then, I shall gladly retire to our quarters.”
“Consider it done,” he said. She smiled softly as he kissed her cheek and released his gentle hold on her arm. She thought herself lucky, then, that she should have such a husband as he. With a soft smile she turned and headed back towards the castle.

Sky had had just about all he could take from the miserable, little loud-mouth. The grisly dwarf simply would not let up for a second as he hurled question after threat after insult, and what was worse, he directed them towards Aisha. Though he knew not why, Sky felt enraged whenever anything at all was said against her, and this realization of himself confused him even more. He wanted everyone to be quiet so that he could think, but it seemed that with every passing second the obnoxious midget only grew louder. Sky clenched his fists, trying to keep a hold on himself, but there was such a strange rage growing within him that he did not even know how to contain it. Gritting his teeth, he could not stop himself from hissing, “Stop this…”

“Eh- what?” shouted Dherger, who had built up too much energy through his shouting. It was the last thing he shouted, however, for as soon as the words flew out of his mouth he found himself being hurled through the air by an explosive impact against his stomach. After flying through the air for what seemed like several moments he landed some ten feet behind his entourage of soldiers. No one had seen the blow, so quickly had it been dealt, but all who stood there noticed how Sky now stood, his lower half twisted half around in an awkward position with his right foot slightly elevated off of the ground. Many of the guards whispered words of disbelief, while Aisha whispered quietly to Aevor. Above them all rose the voice of Sky, though he spoke in a low, menacing tone, "I said, 'Stop this.'"

“Tell me, Aevor, was that him?” she asked.
Aevor stared hard at Sky, and without taking his eyes off of the boy he said, “Yes, it was him. You’ve just witnessed the results his training for the first time. His emotions awaken it within him. He has yet to master it.” With a shake of his head, the elder elf said remorsefully, “This will prove to be for the worst. If they had any suspicions before, now they have reason to back them. No human or dwarf could ever dream of moving so fast. They’ll know he’s of otherworldly skill, which will make him seem like Sa’if in their eyes.”
“You’re right,” she replied emotionlessly. Though deep within her heart she felt worry, it would be pointless of her to show that now.
Sky, though he heard every word as clear as the ringing of a bell, did not reply to any of it. Instead, he relaxed his pose, and stood straight before his captors. He didn’t even grin at the fact that the dwarf was too stunned to have gotten up yet. He would have questions about this “training” Aevor spoke of, but not now. As he noticed other figures of apparent importance rush over to them, including another dwarf and a young man who seemed to be of royalty, he could only agree with what was said. They would have trouble over this, his mistake.

Last edited by Tuinor : 11-15-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #29
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

The sight of Dherger flying through the air was one of sheer amazement to Dhonder. He knew his brother to be stern enough to keep his footing from even one of Dhandon’s mighty blows. The thought of a human youth punting his brother so easily was not an idea that the older dwarf would simply accept. There was something strange about him that was for sure. At least the boy seemed calm enough to keep from starting more trouble, which Dhonder was incredibly grateful for. When he finally reached his fallen brother, he bent over him and gave a small chuckle.
“Did the boy give ya a good enough bootin’?” he asked.
Dherger winced and said, “Shut up, ya oversized dolt, and help me up!”
“Hmm, maybe the lad should’ve kicked harder?” Dhonder said as he reached out a thick arm and, taking his brother by the wrist, jerked the younger dwarf onto his feet.
“He ain’t human,” Dherger muttered as he rose, “there’s no way he is.”
“He seems to be human enough to me,” Dhonder said, “he just caught you real good, is all.”
“I flew nearly a hundred feet!” Dherger said, “that ain’t possible for one of them! He has to be the one we’re looking for.”
Dhonder considered his hasty brother’s words, and as much as he wished for them not to be true, they carried enough to merit suspicion. He glanced up at the boy, who stood still and silent. He noted that the boy’s eyes seemed focused on something beyond the immediate group. Following his gaze, Dhonder found that he watched the approaching prince Analdon, whose appearance stuck out amidst his surroundings. Shaking his head at the prince’s hastiness, he moved to meet him as he drew nearer.
“My lord, you present yourself as the loveliest of targets,” Dhonder said angrily.
“Do I?” Analdon asked, “I had thought this situation might be under control by now.”
“My lord, this could just as easily be a diversion in a hopeful attempt to draw you out,” Dhonder warned.
“Bah!” retorted Analdon, “if they went through that much trouble they deserve to see me, and to watch you dive in the way of any potentially dangerous thing that may harm me.”
“My lord presumes too much of my character,” Dhonder replied half-heartedly.
“Come, now! We both know just as well the lengths you will go to ensure my safety!” Analdon chuckled, though the circumstance prevented his full enjoyment of his words. “Remember you the time when you leapt into the path of that tomato?”
“My lord, it could’ve been anything thrown at you,” Dhonder replied.
“From that griping old farmer? I seriously doubt that he intended harm to anything but my pride!”
“I still say you should’ve punished him more,” grumbled Dhonder.
“And make all my kingdom view me as a tyrant? Even before the day of my rule?” Analdon continued, though his attention was quickly being drawn elsewhere.
Dhonder, noting his superior’s change of focus, turned to view as iron bonds were being placed on the other man and woman. The two seemed unwilling to struggle at all, and Dhonder suspiciously noted how the man actually shifted his arms to aid his captor in fitting and fastening the device. Still, Analdon’s focus fell not on them, but on the young man who had so impressively put Dherger on his back. Leaning over to his Captain, the Prince grimly whispered, “We should have a talk with this one.”
“What of the others?” Dhonder inquired.
“See to it that they are searched, confiscate any weapons, reinforce to them the laws and customs of our land,” he said, “then, release them.”
Dhonder huffed at the Prince’s continued leniency towards such actions as these, but still, he had no choice but to obey.
However, as one of the guards whom Dhonder had a sense of trust with began to lead away the two other captives, Dhonder caught him by arm and whispered, “See to it that they are watched. Not detained, but observed.”
“Yes, sir,” replied the guard loyally. Dhonder nodded. He couldn’t do anything about the Prince’s orders, but that wouldn’t stop him from issuing his own.
With that taken care of, he glanced over to the lad, who was himself just then being bound. He noted with a grim smile how the guards handled him: with caution and even suspicion. The boy, however, seemed to care little as he was himself lead away. Only once did he look back, and, Dhonder noted, it was a glance directed towards the girl. He shook his head, knowing that he worried and thought too much for his own good.
“What a day!” he sighed as he followed the men who had taken the boy.

Last edited by Tuinor : 10-08-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #30
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Analdon stared coldly at the young man sitting before him, and he was trying with great difficulty to mask his disbelief. He had witnessed the awesome kick that had thrown the stout Dherger to ground and left him stunned. And Dherger, if anything, was not without fortitude. It was a feet so impressive, so impossible, that he couldn't believe the boy could possibly have done it, but his witness was undeniable. Finally, he could hold back his questions no longer, and he began with that closest to his mind, "So... how did you do that?"

Sky looked up from his seat at the prince who had immediately had him seized and led away from his companions. He had found himself here, in some dungeon in the central castle of the city. Several guards stood all around him, but Analdon stood closest, hovering over the table at which Sky had been forced to sit. After a long moment of silence, the prince began his questioning.
"So," said he, "how did you do that?"
"I didn't mean to," Sky muttered sullenly.
"I don't care whether you did or not," said the prince, "what I do care about is how you did it."
"If that's all you wish to know," Sky said, "then I'm sorry to tell you that I've no understanding at all of what I did, nor how I did it. It simply happened."
"If you were to ask, my lord," said one of the guards, "it sounds to me that he's had some sort of strange training. There're stories of mystics in the northern lands that can perform such feats..."
"You've heard of men punting stout dwarves like a horse kicks a man?" Analdon asked, knowing all too well of the rumors and stories of the north.
"Well, nothing of that kind, sir, but..." the guard replied weakly.
"This boy is no mystic," Analdon replied, then, facing Sky he said, "so, what are you?"
"I'm a Sky," he replied.
"Yes, we know your name," the prince said irritably. It struck him, though, that his name would be so similar to his own wife's. Both names were unique, by all accounts, and this link between the two of them bothered him.
"And where are you from?" Analdon asked, hoping to find some clue about this boy.
"The far north," Sky replied.
At this the same guard burst out again, "See, my lord! He hails from the north, far beyond all civilizations those lands are."
"Silence," Analdon calmly demanded. Getting frustrated, he decided to take a more direct approach to his interrogation. "So, Sky, why have you come to Archalace?"
"To find my sister," the boy answered simply. Analdon's gut told him whom the boy meant; the link was too obvious. Still, his mind hoped that all was just coincidence.
"And, who might that be?" he asked, his voice only barely hinting at his nervousness, "What is her name?"
"I should think you'd know," Sky replied in a somewhat sardonic tone, "after all she is a princess..."
Analdon nearly bit his lip in frustration, but controlling himself he asked, "Will you not tell me her name?"
Sky's brow furrowed, but he was in no position to demand why the prince need know so desperately. "Snow," he replied "her name is Snow White."
Old 01-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #31
Mari
Elf Lady

Great story so far Tuinor! At first I thought you might be going a little bit too fast, but you've explained things well enough to keep up. Looking forward to the next update!

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #32
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

After their release, Aevor and Aisha had simply begun a winding, wandering path that never seemed to end; at least, it seemed so to their "unseen" watchers. Of course, they knew that they were being watched. It was to be expected. Still, it didn't help that their detainment had slowed them down severely, and that made Aevor all the more nervous. He continuously repeated to Aisha in her native tongue, "Mwyr hyavil ine Antul fwu'atil!" We must leave ere nightfall!
His fears, becoming all the more evident, did nothing to help comfort Aisha, who was slowly allowing her feelings to take root again in her mind. She had pushed them back in order to remain calm when Sky had been taken prisoner, but now they were returning, and she began to feel like she would fall into despair. "Why?" she thought to herself, "Why is he so important to me now, when I would have killed him just yesterday without a second thought? Was some spell cast over me? Did Aevor have anything to do with this?"

But her thoughts were interrupted by Aevor, who suddenly seemed to have pulled himself together somehow.
"Aisha," said he, but he spoke in her native tongue still, "Mwyr hyavil tine Sky ahl Snow tayathil."
Aisha, we must now obtain both Sky and Snow.
"Yi, Aevor," Aisha replied, "Iyt Dhauwle"
Yes, Aevor, I know.
"Good," Aevor said, returning to the common tongue of man, "Go, then, and see to our brother. I shall go to see our sister. Meet me back at the city square ere' nightfall."
Aisha, understanding who he meant, could only nodd at the command, and was about to part ways with the man, but before she could she felt the grasp of his hand on her shoulder. Turning back, she saw into his eyes, and noted a deep sense of urgency within them.
"Aisha, Mwyr hyavil ine Antul fwu'atil!" but to this he added in a whisper, "If we are caught by the night within the walls of this city, there's a chance we all shall die. Be quick about this!"
As he said this, a chill gripped her, and the wind suddenly seemed to pick up speed. With a sudden gust, Aevor released her and darted off towards the castle. Aisha, though, knew what she had to do. Turning her head, she cast a fey glance down a single dark alleyway, where she knew lurked their "unseen" watchers. Like a cat stalking her prey, she began to make her way to their hiding place, and, reaching beneath her robes, she took in her grasp a long, curved knife. They would bring back no report to their superiors this night.

Last edited by Tuinor : 01-29-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #33
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

A high pitched screech woke Sa'if as he slept within the hollow of his tree. His eyes opened wide in a flash as the horrible noise ripped its way into his mind. He wrapped his hands around his ears, desperately trying to drive away the antagonizing sound from them, though the action did him no avail.
"Curse all things! Where is this coming from?" He thought, though the noise even made his thoughts sound faint and distant. He forced his eyes shut and focused all his thought into understanding what may be happening. After a moment, he realized just what was occuring. For the first time in ages he was hearing the Forest once again, but the Forest was frightened. No, not frightened, terrified. As if all the trees were ablaze the forest cried out in terror and confusion.
"Why?" Sa'if wondered. As if in responsed, the sound changed from an incomprehensible screech to a single drawn out word. Sa'if's eyes opened wide in fear when he translated the language of the trees into his own and in his own personal horror he silently mouthed to himself, "They are here!"

He found the wind had grown violent when he sorely stepped out from his hollow into the failing daylight of the afternoon, but he did not wait long enough to hear the faint voice of Jahud riding on the air. He had not the time. In his mind he thought frantically to himself, "I must complete my mission! I cannot remain here tonight! THEY are HERE!"

Last edited by Tuinor : 02-19-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #34
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

He did not know what kind of tool he was becoming; all Sky knew as he sat alone in the darkness of his cell was that he was becoming a tool, and one of Aevor’s design. Even as he sat there awaiting the elves he knew would come for him, he continued to ponder the mysterious “results” of the “training” that Aevor had allegedly given him in his youth. He wanted to know what had been done to him, what he was capable of, and what he was supposed to do with his hidden abilities. He sought an answer to the question: “What kind of tool?” What did these elves need him for? Even if he did exhibit strength and speed that far outmatched most humans, it was nothing he thought that they could not imitate. Why, then, did they require him if any one of them could match him?
He could find no answers, and the only conclusion he could come to was that he must speak with Aevor. Thus anxiously he continued to wait…
It was a sudden thud that awoke Sky from the accidental sleep he had fallen into. Jumping up to his feet, he stared out into the darkness outside his cell. Noticing a fleeting figure amidst the shadows he directed all of his focus on it until it drew near to his cell and into view, revealing slender Aisha both hooded and cloaked so that even Sky had trouble seeing the features of her face.
“Sky?” she asked, though she easily could tell it was him.
“You should not speak so loud,” Sky whispered, “there might be other guards that will hear you.”
“I’ve handled the guards,” Aisha stated coldly. “No one in this structure will ever know that I was here.”
A look of shock flickered across Sky’s eyes for an instant, but faded as a look of grim understanding filling his face. “Are they dead, then?”
His words fell on Aisha’s conscience like a slap in the face. Her words sounded hollow in response, “They still live…”
“Then they are lucky,” Sky said.
“I don’t love killing, you know,” Aisha said, allowing her sadness to fill her voice.
“Can you say that you never wanted to kill?” Sky asked her.
“I never wanted to kill you!” Aisha said. “I never wanted to even hurt you!”
“But you have wanted to kill before?” Sky persisted.
“You would not understand!” Aisha said, a new sense of pain feeling her voice.
Sky found he could not reply. What did she mean? What could he not understand? Aisha was such a mystery. Finding that he had nothing more to say, he pushed by her and began making his way out of the dungeon.
“Let’s just go,” Sky said without looking back, “We don’t have time for this now.”
“You are right,” Aisha said, “we must meet with Aevor.”
“Yes, of course,” Sky said with a renewed sense of focus. Aevor; the name filled his consciousness, drew all his focus to the one whom it belongs. Aevor; it was he who held all the answers to his question. Aevor; the key to everything that was happening.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #35
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Snow watched the sun from a couch in her quarters as it began to set. She gazed through the window in the west, trying desperately determine if the sunset would be that same final sunset she had seen time and time again in her dreams. So focused and determined was she in her “duty” that she did not notice the presence of another being waiting for her when she had entered the room. Now that hidden being began to slowly approach her from behind. She did not notice this, however, so focused was she on the possible threat of the final sunset tat she did not perceive the threat that now stood right behind her.
Then, suddenly, her eyes recognized a pattern on the horizon that had haunted her dreams night after night. A look of horror filled her, and she whipped around to go warn whom she might. However, just as she turned around she was halted by the sudden appearance of a tall figure cloaked in dark robes.
“You!?” she gasped, recognizing it as the figure from her dreams.
The man was silent beneath his shrouding robes for a moment, as if he were contemplating her reaction to him. Then, after a brief analysis it said in a deep, masculine voice, “It is time.”
“Then, you know…?” she asked, despite the warnings her dreams had given her of such a man.
“We have long observed the time of the coming darkness,” spoke the figure from beneath his hood, “and it is because of this we have been watching over you from the outside, awaiting this very hour when your gift is needed most.”
“My… gift?” Snow asked. “Oh! You mean the dreams?”
“No, my dear,” said the man, “your dreams are extremely curious; however, they are but a slight glimmer of the full power that resides within you: a power that must now be awoken.”
Snow took a step back. “Awoken?” she asked warily.
The man in the hood stood still as stone, as though he knew there was no escape. “Yes, awoken. I will not lie to you; the process may be painful, even fatal, but it is necessary.”
“Fatal?” she asked as she took another step back, “how can it be necessary?”
“In order that the darkness be lifted,” said he.
“But what is this power?” she asked. “Why do you so desperately require it?”
“There is no time to explain,” he said. “We must leave, before the sun sets!”
“I will have an answer!” demanded Snow.
“There is no time!” the man countered, raising his voice to a formidable command. So stern was his vice that her foot froze in mid-step as she tried to back away further. Then, as sudden as his voice had changed, it became soft and gentle. “Snow, you must trust me.”
“Your voice… I know it somehow,” she said after a moment. Taking a step forward, she added, “have I known you before?”
At this, the man fidgeted uncomfortably, “We don’t have time for answers, Snow. Come with me, and you shall have them, in time.”
“Snow unconsciously took another step forward. The man stretched out his hand, open in invitation towards her, and she almost reached for him when suddenly a crash and burst of wind shattered her peace and her window. She glanced back in horror at another figure clothed in the same dark robes as her intruder. It reached out to take her, and a sudden darkness gripped her. She screamed and saw no more.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:02 PM   #36
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Aisha ran and Sky followed as bbest he could, but never before had he imagined anyone to be capable of running so fast. Aisha flew down the streets of Archalace as they raced to meet Aevor at the north gate. He understood that they needed to leave before sundown, but when he glanced up at the sun he realized a grave error in their calculations: the mountains in the west robbed them of hours of sunlight. They now risked being caught in the city by the coming night.
"We must be gone before tonight! Archalace must not even be within sight!" The words of Aevor rang ominously in Sky's ears.
"W-we cannot afford t-to wait for him- Aisha," Sky gasped between breaths.
Glancing back with shock in her eyes, Aisha wondered how Sky could even think of abandoning Aevor, "He has - your sister - Sky! W-we can't - leave him!"
"He will be able- to take care of-of himself!" Sky argued, "This is- this is exactly - what he would t-tell us to do!"
Aisha did not reply, and in fact she did not completely dislike the choice Sky was making; after all, she still felt that Aevor could not be trusted entirely. Saying nothing further, the two continued on towards the northern gate.
As the portal to freedom grew nearer, however, Sky was suddenly overcome by an ominous feeling. Something felt very wrong to Sky, and it felt like whatever it was, it was waiting for them.
"Slow down," Sky exhaled as softly as he could. He slowed his own pace down to a cautious walk. Aisha quickly with elfin ellegance spun around, coming to almost a complete stop.
"There is no time to be indecisive, Sky!" she warned.
"No, it is not that." Sky said, his gaze locked upon the now not too distant gate. "There is something waiting for us there at the gate. It is something foul, can you not feel it?"
"You wait here," Aisha comanded as she produced her two long daggers from beneath her cloak. She began to approach the gate with a feline-like cautiousness. She admitted to herself that she had not felt a thing, but she decided it was better to trust Sky's intuition. After all, it might be another mysterious result of his training under Aevor.
As she drew within several paces of the gate, she suddenly felt a chill grip her. Then, as if cued by the chill, out stepped a black-garbed figure with a strange silver mask hiding its full face and in its hand a fell, curved blade.
"It took you long enough," said the figure in a voice so hollow it seemed to sap the warmth from her blood, "and I see you haven't the princess with you, what a shame... I guess you three are useless after all."
Old 09-18-2008, 10:59 PM   #37
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Analdon let loose his fury on the door to his room, bursting it down with a mighty blow from his boot. He had heard the crash of broken glass as he was ascending the castle's stairs, and fearing the worst had darted the rest of the way with desperate speed. The door was not going to slow him down. When he stepped through his gaze fell upon a man standing against the current of wind blowing through the broken window, but his beloved Snow was nowhere to be seen. The man's dark cloak whipped wildly about him, but before Analdon could question this strange trespasser the man bent like a metal coil and suddenly leaped though the shattered window and out into the twilit sky. Rage and despair filled Analdon, and he raced after the man, prepared to risk falling to his death to capture him, when a sudden weight jerked him back and his feet flew out from underneath him. The impact knocked the breath from him, and for a moment he wondered what had happened; that was, until his gaze fell back upon a panting Dhonder.
"Dhonder!" he gasped, "Why!?"
"My lord should perhaps think twice before trying to fly," Dhonder said between gasps for breath.
"You should have let me go!" Analdon shouted now, sitting up from where he'd fallen.
"And faced your father with the death of his only son and heir?" Dhonder asked, "Why, you're so kind to an old friend!"
"Old friend, nothing!" Analdon cried, "they took Snow! They took her!"
"My lord," Dhonder said soothingly, trying to calm the prince, "perhaps it were just a thieve? Might be her majesty's still around in the lower levels?"
"No," Analdon replied, seemingly more composed, "no, she always watches the sunset. Ever since her dreams..."
"Duty could have called her away," Dhonder replied, but in his heart he felt a wave of doubt. It was too uncanny for such a strange day, and the feeling of dread he had earlier that morning was not much help to him, either. "... I'll send word to search the castle... nay, the whole city. None in the guard shall rest 'till she is found."
"Quickly send word to the gate," Analdon replied, "and then gather my captains, your brothers, to the throne room."

Last edited by Tuinor : 06-23-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:12 AM   #38
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

With an excrutiating slow pace the masked figure continued forward toward Aisha. Yet, for all his slowness he seemed inexplicably impatient, tapping the tip of his blade furiously against the earth beneath him.
"What's the matter?" Aisha asked in an attempt to intimidate the man, "You couldn't be scared of me, perhaps?"
The comment had an obviously opposite affect, as the figure burst out in a nearly insane laughter. The sound of it, though, nearly drowned her heart in strange sense of dread. Then, as abrubtly as he had started, the man silenced.
With a stern look on what could be seen of his true face, the man said, "Afraid? You insolent little girl, you know not the meaning of the word. Your best guess is but a fleating shadow of the immense darkness I am capable of."
Aisha would normally have scoffed at such words, but there was a strange, inexplicable madness that convinced her otherwise. A chill went up her spine as she came to the realization that she actually believed him.
"St-stay back!" she warned, raising her weapons.
"H-haha-bwahahahaha!" the man laughed before his face resumed its darker complexion, "That's a little more like it. By sunset I'll have you sceaming in the true terror that I am." A fanged smile tore across the half of his mouth that was exposed, "by night, you will have died by fear alone!"
Aisha's heart sank with his words for reasons she couldn't explain. Then, suddenly the tapping of the man's blade ceased. With the familiar rythm gone Aisha tensed, preparing herself for anything that may happen.
The man's grin grew all the more, and with almost a shriek he said, "Let's begin!"
In the blink of an eye the man's body seemed to rip appart into shadows that raced in all directions through the air. Aisha was so stunned at the spectacle that she failed to notice the shadows reasembling behind her. Her heart froze when she heard the man's voice, no louder than a whisper in her ear, coming from behind her.
"Oh, what a disappointment... you're not going to make this fun at all, are you?"

Last edited by Tuinor : 04-02-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #39
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

(Sorry if the text is a bit graphic for some... I can tone it down if need be.)

Sky watched in mixed terror and astonishment as the man standing before Aisha suddenly tore into a dozen twisting shadows only to reconnect behind her as she stood frozen in fear. He could hear a faint chuckle, and the man whisper something to her, but no more. Aisha, not wasting a moment, slashed out and upwards behind her with an arching blow, but the man's form rent assunder and reformed once again behind her. Aisha did not pause, but continued through with her arching blow, attempting to bring down her blade upon her opponent's helm. The man once again with seeming ease twisted around her like a black whirlwind, and again Aisha swung at him. Again and again this happened, but each time Aisha came no closer to striking him. Pausing for a moment to recover wasted breath, Aisha glared at the man, who returned a half mocking, half insane grin.
"What's wrong?" he asked with an arrogant chuckle, "Too much for the mighty elfin lass?"
All at once, Aisha lept at him with a roar, but the man vanished even before she had reached him; Sky noticed, however, a grin spread across Aisha's face, and she spun and began a forceful, downwards cut directly behind her. Surprisingly, Sky watched as if seconds were hours the man appear behind her exactly in the path of her blade, and for a moment his heart tensed with joy, but in that exact moment the man let out a cackling "HA!" and with a leap of his own caught Aisha in the gut with his knee. Such was the impact of the blow that it easily lifted the she-elf warrior off the ground, and then, as if in mocking arrogance he held her thus aloft on his extended knee.
"Foolish girl..." he said, but before he finished Aisha sputtered blood and vile upon his black garb. A flicker of mixed rage and amusement raced across what was visible of his face, and with a powerful twist he struck her with the back of his fist against her face, flinging her off his knee to land with her back sternly upon the ground. "... how dare you!? You owe me a new pair of pants."
At that a courageous rage exploded in Sky, and, darting from his hiding place, he jumped between Aisha and the fiend.
"Back off!" he hissed through clenched teeth, "You'll not touch her again."
"Haha!" the man laughed as if in triumph, "You dare stand against me? Haven't you been watching anything just now?" Even as he spoke he vanished yet again, only to appear inches from Sky's face. "What can you do to stop me?"
Rage continued to mount inside of Sky until he could hold it no longer. Like a sudden spark his fist flew through the air, but despite even it's unnatural speed it caught nothing but that. Still, he wasn't done yet, and with a sudden heightening of his senses he seemed to follow the shadows as they whipped through the air. Even as they converged behind him he let fly a powerful kick, and to his complete amazement felt it land against firm flesh. Before he had completely reassembled Sky's foe stumbled back and downwards, and found himself sitting on the ground with his arms tightly wrapped around his gut.
"You..." he sputtered between spasms of apparent pain, "...th-that's it... you... you are the last one to die tonight... I swear it."
But the word "tonight," triggered Sky's memory, and with a quick spin he turned and exploded into full sprint towards Aisha, who was beginning to stagger back to her feet.
"Sky, wha-?" was all she managed to ask as he grabbed her arm and dragged her into a run as well.
"We have to hurry!" he cried as the two ran together, "night is nearly upon us!"
He did not look back to see the man furiously begin chase, but even as he vanished and re-manifested just inches behind them another figure appeared suddenly between the pursuer and his prey. Sky was only vaguely aware that the man suddenly gave up pursuit, and he did not bother to turn to find out why as he continued to race as fast as possible out of the city of Archalace. However, Aisha managed a fleeting glance backwards and saw a blurry image of a tall figure in full cloak of a deep green color, but no other detail could she glean. Neither of them managed to hear the words exchanged between the two.

Last edited by Tuinor : 10-08-2009 at 01:53 AM. Reason: It wasn't done yet. Now 'tis.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #40
Pitchike12
Enting

Wow! They are excellent story so far. Hope to see you post somemore.
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie. -Gandalf
Pitchike12 is offline   Reply With Quote