Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #141
JL.
Sapling

Garibaldi

Thanks, Spock, for the welcome!

Regarding the "accusation" of giving this task to Mr. Garibaldi alone, I think it just fits the manner in which all the major operations of B5 were conducted: trust only very few who you know perfectly, keep all important tasks in that circle... they were conspirators for the most part, weren't they?
I think that's why Michaels treason (Bester-induced, of course) got Cmdr. Ivanova to tell the station personell to shoot him at sight and also explains why the Captain went to Mars when this was so plainly a trap - trust and betrayal.
Personally I loved the part were Sheridan asks everyone to leave when Michael appeared at the meeting drunk, and later talked to him reasonably after Delenn "helped him see things from a different perspective" (or something like that). The best part is that HE asked HER to talk to him first! Their relationship at that point is already absolutely amazing.

Any thoughts on this?
_________________ Jan.

Last edited by JL. : 09-29-2005 at 05:33 PM.
JL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:18 AM   #142
JL.
Sapling

Waiting

Old 10-03-2005, 10:38 AM   #143
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

nope
Old 10-04-2005, 01:34 AM   #144
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I finally got around to buying season 5 on DVD (had been a bit uninspired since there was an awful lot of closure in season 4). After a few warm-up episodes (and one terrible one - the one with Bo and wotshisface, the technicians), I was quietly surprised to find myself enjoy it almost as much as previous season. I was reminded yet again what awesome actors the people are who play Londo and G'Kar.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:43 AM   #145
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Yeah, that episode is dumb and SG-1 did the same thing with two of it's episodes over the years; nothing like stealing lousy ideas from the past .
.........love his lines....
"Ahhh... arrogance and stupidity in the same package. How very efficient of you"
--Londo
Old 10-04-2005, 04:23 AM   #146
JL.
Sapling

Season 5

Hi BoP!

I actually liked "A View From The Gallery".
Season 5 had a tough start for several reasons. Seasons 3 and 4 were completely written by JMS himself which makes them look like one huge piece of work/art. And at the end of Season 4 it seemed almost certain there wouldn't be a fifth year. Therefore many things meant for Season 5 were put into the end of it. Also the last ever episode "Sleeping In Light" was shot at the end of Season 4. That's why Susan Ivanova appears in it though she left the show at the end of Season 4.

Jan
Old 04-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #147
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I watched the whole 5 seasons (at a rather faster pace than I would have liked!) in St. Peterburg, and I would just like to say, in protest to current events, that Babylon 5 is the bestest sci-fi series.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:17 PM   #148
JL.
Sapling

Best SciFi show ever

I second that.

JL
Old 04-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #149
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I must say, I think B-5 was the best of the incarnations which followed TOS. They had a better story line with continuity than any other; and I'll grant you DS-9 wasn't far behind.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #150
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Absolutely. I don't think I've ever seen a TV show that had a story line with more continuity than Babylon 5. I mean, take Voyager. It's not a bad show, but the 'story arc', so to speak, is really nothing but a background against which a number of episodes are set; even when something happens that somehow throws Voyager half way home, or whatever, it still doesn't really matter overall, whereas each episode in Babylon 5 seems to be important for the overall story. Voyager uses episodes as backgrounds to portray their characters; Babylon 5 uses them to flesh them out, to fill them in, to make them more real.

As I said, bestest sci-fi eva.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote