Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-19-2003, 08:19 PM   #1
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

A thread for all hard-core Babylon 5 fans

Alright, if you are a B5 fan, you should know what I'm talking about here.
My fave episode is #88 "Endgame".
I've seen all 111 episodes 5x EACH.
My fave character is Garibaldi. When he started drinking again, I was literally SCREAMING at the TV. And when he turned in Sheridan, I sat through a whole commercial break without moving, blinking, or ANYTHING, and then I said, and I quote, [EDITED] My dad was NOT pleased. I like G'Kar a lot. And I like Zach Allan. But the best is Garibaldi. Alright peoples, your turn!

Last edited by Sister Golden Hair
Old 02-19-2003, 08:21 PM   #2
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

What does this have to do with Lord of the Rings?

Moving to the Entertainment forum.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 01:21 AM   #3
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I've only seen season one which I bought recently. I didn't catch it on TV unfortunately, so now I have to wait for them to come out on DVD. Aaahhhh!!!
Old 02-23-2003, 04:47 AM   #4
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I know isn't that annoying!? I watched seasons one through four, taped off TV by my friend. Now I downloading them off the internet and rewatching them. You can buy the 1st season and a few movies on DVD. When will they release the whole series?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 07:15 PM   #5
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Sorry, Sister Golden Hair! I, uh, get a little carried away sometimes. Nice to see you, Nurvingiel! Welcome, Beard of Pants! Wonder how many other B5 fans are gonna join? I'll be around......
Old 02-23-2003, 07:29 PM   #6
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I found the funniest Monty Python, B5 cross site! Here's the link:

http://www.hut.fi/~shaavist/b5/montypython.html

And on the off-chance the link doesn't work, I will post the text in the thread.

Happy hilarity!

And my favourite episode is in season three, episode 5, Voices of Authority.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 02-23-2003, 07:46 PM   #7
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Great site!!! I, uh, can't remember, which one is Voices of Authority? It's been a while since I've actually SEEN B5. They took it off of the channel I always watched it on. Did anyone here actually cry when Sheridan died? I kinda did. Kinda stupid, I know. But, hey, I'm a die-hard fan, right?! I can't believe you're actually on at the same time as I am, Nurvingiel! NONE of my buddies are ever on at the same time as me.
Write back quick!
Old 02-23-2003, 10:36 PM   #8
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I usually like Sci-Fi series - especially those set in space..but i always thought bablyon 5 was a mediocre series................

so i never really watched it when it was on tv first run - but when im bored ill watch it in re-runs on the sci-fi channel. i dont like the way the special effects look. plot i guess is ok but i dont like that either.

ive seen maybe 10-20 episodes of varying series and portions of various movies. i still dont like it :P boring.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:26 PM   #9
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
My dad loves scifi and he kinda got me started on B5 and I was so mad when they took it off air. Because you know they left it wide open for a sequel.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 12:40 AM   #10
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Contains Voices of Authority Spoilers, if you haven't seen it. (Then see it!)

They did make a follow up season called Crusade, where the Drakh, allies of the Shadows, infect Earth with a horrible disease in revenge for the Shadow War. It's about the quest to save Earth. I just wish they'd release all the seasons on DVD so I don't have to keep watching my crappy pirated ones.

Hey Estel13 I missed ya! I should pay more attention to who's on. I wonder how long pms take? We could have a mini chatroom next time.

Voices of Authority is the Episode where Julie Musante is assigned to Babylon 5 as an extremely good looking, manipulative political officer with ties to Nightwatch.

She tries to sway Sheridan to her "idealogical" ways of thinking over dinner, and she also tries to seduce him (but fails, obviously.) There's a hilarious scene here, but I'm not going to spoil it for you!

Zack is starting to have doubts about Nightwatch. In a meeting, he's criticized for not submitting many reports about people who are ideologically impure. He reluctantly confirms that a shopkeeper in the Zocalo made an anti-Clark comment. At the end of the episode, this guy's shop is closed down, as Zack looks on, remorseful.

While Sheridan deals with Musante , Ivanova meets with Draal on Epsilon 3. He's helping locate First Ones so they can try to recruit them for the coming war. He finds a place, and lets Ivanova into the Great Machine so she can see where it is. The machine projects Ivanova's mind (or something) to...... Sigma 957! Cathrine Sakai (Sinclair's girlfriend, the mining surveyor) had a run in with these guys where G'Kar saved her ass.

Anyway, when Ivanova's in the Great Machine, she also sees a video of Clark telling a voice (belonging to Morden! This guy has a finger in every pie I tell you!) that he "wanted Santiago dead for a long time."

Ivanova gets Draal to record this tidbit for her, and she heads off with Marcus to Sigma 957. They find the First Ones, and cleverly, and hilariously, get them to sign on.

This brings up two questions.
1) Why didn't they just ask G'Kar, who already knew about Sigma 957, and if he knew, why didn't they have similar information?
2) Why didn't the same thing happen to the Whitestar? Is it because of the partial Vorlon technology?

Anyway, at the end of the episode, they release the Clark recording to the public through General Hague, and it's all over ISN within the hour. General Hague is so cool. I wish he got more screen time than just the one episode.

(Bonus, Dr. Franklin isn't in this episode! )
Funniest and best line of the episode:

Marcus: I'll put a bucket on my head, and pretend to be the ancient Vorlon god Booji.

(This line alone has sparked a huge fan mania about Booji.)

And that, my friends, is Voices of Authority: a pivotal, humorous arc-fest!
Quote:
Old 02-26-2003, 11:17 PM   #11
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I just posted this in the thread They'd Never Say That!. I thought you guys could pick out the B5 reference.

Sam: Gollum, I misjudged you. Let's be pals.

Gollum: Of course my good and dear friend Mr. Gamgee. Y'know, I was just doing that whole raw fish thing to piss you off. How about I treat you to some nice, hot fish and chips?
Quote:
Old 03-03-2003, 01:09 AM   #12
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I'm sad that I'm the only one posting on this thread now. It's a great thread!

I just watched 3x10, Severed Dreams, and it was so sad and pivoltal and there was humour and everyone was so brave... brings a tear to me eye. So post, good people, so I have someone to talk about it.

And if you've never seen Babylon 5 before, ask us questions and we can talk about it!

Cheers .N.
Quote:
Old 03-03-2003, 01:15 AM   #13
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Happy days! I just found that my video store stocks ALL episodes! Just hired 8 episodes of season two....
Old 03-03-2003, 01:27 PM   #14
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I wonder if the understocked video store that serves our campus will have any episodes... maybe I'll just stick to the internet.

When I can afford it, I'll buy that first season on DVD. Oh yes precious I will.
Quote:
Old 03-03-2003, 02:07 PM   #15
BeardofPants
the Shrike

First season DVD is pretty good; hardly any extras though. But reasonably priced - in NZ anyway.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:50 PM   #16
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Argh! The Warner Brothers website only takes US orders. Canadians love B5 too!

Quote:
BeardofPants wrote on 03-03-2003 10:45 AM:
Yep - I have the first season DVD collection. It's how I got into B5.

It's great: it's completely unlike any other sci-fi series that I've watched before. I like it how there are underlying themes that develop subtley through the season, only to manifest at the end, ie Delenn's transformer thingy that sent her into the chrysalis.

The song is from John Lennon's "Give Peace a Chance."
Quote:
Old 03-04-2003, 01:40 AM   #17
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Does Canada not have the DVDs yet?

So, who's your favourite character? And are you a Sheridan or Sinclair fan?

I think I definately prefer Sinclair over Sheridan; although, to be fair, I've only watched up to the ISN episode (where the whole episode is from the POV of the media). I dunno: I guess I prefer Sinclair's quiet unwavering authority over Sheridan's whines. Plus, Sinclair seems more... well, complex.

My favourite character so far is Garibaldi. I LOVE this guy! And I love how he keeps teasing Ivanova, and Talia.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:45 PM   #18
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
I just posted this in the thread They'd Never Say That!. I thought you guys could pick out the B5 reference.

Sam: Gollum, I misjudged you. Let's be pals.

Gollum: Of course my good and dear friend Mr. Gamgee. Y'know, I was just doing that whole raw fish thing to piss you off. How about I treat you to some nice, hot fish and chips?
Sam=Garibaldi & Gollum=Londo. By the way, I'm a girl. "Where's Estel13 when you need him?" indeed!
Don't worry, I'm not offended. Kinda kewl to be mistaken for a boy. Yes, I am a tomboy. Welcome, everyone who's new to the thread! I'll be around.... By the way, BeardofPants, I'm a Sheridan fan, definitely.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:18 PM   #19
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Sorry Estel13, I just guessed you were a guy since I had a 50/50 chance of getting it rught. I'm a tomboyish girl too, except I hate being mistaken for a guy. You were all over my B5 reference! Boo yah!

We have DVD's BoP. But maybe Warner Brothers doesn't know that, because they don't ship B5 DVD's to us.
Quote:
Old 03-04-2003, 10:25 PM   #20
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Sorry Estel13, I just guessed you were a guy since I had a 50/50 chance of getting it rught. I'm a tomboyish girl too, except I hate being mistaken for a guy. You were all over my B5 reference! Boo yah!

We have DVD's BoP. But maybe Warner Brothers doesn't know that, because they don't ship B5 DVD's to us.
That's OK, about the boy/girl thing. I don't really care. You can ask me ANY question about B5 and I can and will answer it. I'm glad you're on at the same time as me. I'll be around.......