Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-31-2005, 04:58 PM   #1
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

Location: Some where quite interesting with psychedelic trees
Book 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I know Most people have been speculating what will take place in Book 7 at the end of the Half Blood Prince thread, But I thought it deserved its own section (aswell as it being such a drag trying to find the book seven stuff at the end of the 22 page thread that is the Half blood prince:

This thread is about any speculation anyone may have about what will happen in book seven and theories about characters and events heres my bit:

(this is taken from the end of the Halfblood Prince thread)

I think needs some contact to Dumbledore to help him learn what he needs to know what he has to do to get the horcruxes and destroy them, I believe Dumbledore won't help harry with Voldemort or the horcruxes but teach him some of the things he needs to know to beat the enchantments set upon the resting places of the horcruxes and how to destroy them
I think he needs these vital peices of infomation and I can't see any other way he could get them with out some contact ADD who I believe is the only character who could teach harry these things with any credibility

Regarding snape I believe we are all expecting him to be good and turn Voldy and this i what s most likely to happen but I wouldn't mind him just being darn right evil.
I also want him to be evil because I don't like the idea of him killing a defencless dumbledore and then later on saying Dumbledore told me or I killed him but I'm still good.

I think Godrics Hollow will play an intresting part in Book 7 for that will be the first time Harry has seen his old house or visited his parent's graves I think something there may help him on his quest to kill voldemort.

and Finally I WANT A HAPPY ENDING I don't think I could stand Harry being killed off at the end of Book seven, people have been with this character for seven long books and many people includng myself would be able to enjoy rereading the books and watching the films knowing Harry is going to do The Matrix thing and sacrefice himself for the rest of the wizarding world even if it does bring around Voldemort's downfall.

PS. has anyone noticed that the place that the Potters lived "godrics Hollow" is named after gryfndor this could be important I always thought Harry could be related to gryfendor

And what happened to the rest of your party, killed, eaten, gone home?
Beorn, The Hobbit

Dark and difficult Times lie ahead Harry, soon we must all face a choice, a choice between what is right and what is easy!
Dumbledore

Neo Are you listening to Me? Or are you too busy looking at the Woman in the Red Dress?
Morpheus, The Matrix

Last edited by King of The Istari : 01-05-2006 at 11:32 AM.
King of The Istari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
azalea
Long lost mooter

Good last point -- that makes me think that perhaps "something of Gryffindor's" might be found there, I don't know. Or maybe that Harry is the heir of Gryffindor.

So then the something of Ravenclaw's will be what he needs to find at Hogwarts.

BTW, when a name for the next book is released, the title of this thread could be changed to "predictions for..." and then a new thread for when it is actually released. Ah, there's the admin in me coming out!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
MangoPi
Enting

I think that having Dumbledore contact Harry through any means would be a cheap cop out. A big part of his dying was that he could no longer help Harry, and thus our intrepid teenaged hero must go it alone (sort of, you know Ron and Hermione won't be left on the side lines.)

In book Seven I really expect Harry to come into his own as an adult sort of.

Narlyë nat vanya!
MangoPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #4
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

yeah but I still can't think of anyway other than dumbledore for him to learn the magic that he will most oviouisly need, Harry didn't know how to do anything that Dumbledore did in the Cave and he will have to learn at least some of those things to be able to get the other horcruxes, I think its a cop out if Harry needs none of the things dumbledore did in the cave to get the other horcruxes and just happens to know how to break each defence and enchantment let alone how to beat Voldy Moldy himself.

I think haveing no dumbledore is a good thing aswell but I also think Harry needs some contact to an powerful wizard that can advise him and teach him the things he needs to know to finish his quest.

Beorn, The Hobbit

Dark and difficult Times lie ahead Harry, soon we must all face a choice, a choice between what is right and what is easy!
Dumbledore

Neo Are you listening to Me? Or are you too busy looking at the Woman in the Red Dress?
Morpheus, The Matrix

Last edited by King of The Istari : 01-02-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
MangoPi
Enting

lol Voldy Moldy? Moldy Voldy?

You are right, but think back to the very first time that Ron Hermoine and Harry tried to take on the back guy...the traps were set so that each one was geared to talent that each one of them possessed - The Devil's Snare, the Broomstick, the chess game...

Narlyë nat vanya!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #6
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

yeah but they wern't enchantments left by voldemort were they, I'd think that the other horcuxes would have to be as well guarded as the one in the cave which would mean harry would have to learn new skills to be able to get them aswell Harry won't always have ron and hermione to bail him out he has to be able to get by and do these things onm his own.

Beorn, The Hobbit

Dumbledore

Morpheus, The Matrix
Old 01-04-2006, 03:28 PM   #7
azalea
Long lost mooter

I don't think D'dore will be able to actively help, but I have a feeling that maybe his portrait will tell the story of how he destroyed the one that left his hand blackened. That and the experience in the cave, along with help from Hermione (and Ron ) should give him enough info that he will muddle through and come out victorious.

The REAL challenge for him will be how to bring down Moldy. "Love" is pretty vague, but I have no doubt that JKR has set it up nicely so that with only one or two new pieces of info gained in 7, he'll pull it off.

[Did the recent quotes from JKR regarding the end of the series sound to anyone else as if she is toying with extending it? I think I read it in the newspaper recently. I don't think she will, but her remarks were sounding (as usual) ambiguous and as if she didn't want to say it, but that she felt like it would be hard to wrap it up in one more book.]
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

as much as I'd like her to extend the series, I doubt it, I heard somewhere she's already written the last chapter of book 7 (she supposedly writes them out of sync) seeing that the last chapter would be the hardest to write shes most likely tackled that first. but then again now JK has to write up to that last chapter, if that takes too long it very well be split into two books.

Beorn, The Hobbit

Dumbledore

Morpheus, The Matrix

Last edited by King of The Istari : 01-04-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:13 PM   #9
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

It seems to me that "D" could speak to Harry through his portrait, much like the one which constantly announces who's about to arrive in the headmasters office. As for HP dying...I don't think so but perhaps an open ended ending.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #10
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
perhaps an open ended ending.
as long as its not like the Matrix revolutions all over again

Beorn, The Hobbit

Dumbledore

Morpheus, The Matrix
Old 01-12-2006, 06:54 PM   #11
MangoPi
Enting

JKR is in love with foreshadowing, and ambiguity, so it's no surprise that even as we come to the last book, there are still so many questions left to be answered.

But...I take back what I said earlier, because I thought of something: Lily and James Potter have come back to talk/guide Harry through his (mis)adventures, and so did Cedric, so it isn't out of the question that those who perished fighting Voldy won't come back to aid him when he needs them. (Possibly even Sirius???)

Also, does anyone else think that RAB is Regulus? Because I'm so convinced....

My predictions for book7:

Ron and Hermione will FINALLY smooch!

One of the Weasleys will die!

Harry will run off to Tibet and learn ninjistu!

Snape was actually good!

Narlyë nat vanya!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:43 AM   #12
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

I think RAB is Regulus Black (I personally don't think JK thought we'd catch on as fast as everyone has)

Ron and Hermione WILL get together

and I think Percy should Die!

Beorn, The Hobbit

Dumbledore

Morpheus, The Matrix
Old 01-13-2006, 12:59 PM   #13
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoPi
One of the Weasleys will die!
Harry will run off to Tibet and learn ninjistu!
Snape was actually good!
1. I hope not, they are a very grounded family for wizards.

2. Ninjitsu isn't taught in Tibet. It orginated in Japan and is taught many
countries but not there.

3. Snape is a conundrum.

Last edited by Spock : 01-13-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:59 PM   #14
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of The Istari

But only after he sees the light and returns to his family; and dies fighting against Voldemort and his Deatheaters. I want Mollie to have something to be proud of besides him being Head Boy.
cee2lee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:57 AM   #15
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

yeah, dying whilst still being a pratt would be a little annoying

it looks like tis book will be full of redemptions

Beorn, The Hobbit

Dumbledore

Morpheus, The Matrix
Old 01-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #16
MangoPi
Enting

I should hope so.

Percy, above any thing else is still a Weasley, and if we know one thing about the Weasley is that they are all about family. I was shocked that they shunned him so, even after all he did.

I should hate to see any charcters in book 7 die, even any of the Malfoys. (well....you know....exclude Voldy form that, of course ) JKR points this out again and again: "It sucks when some one dies."

ETA: (Spock, you are so right about ninjistu. I am defeated by your logic. )

Narlyë nat vanya!

Last edited by MangoPi : 01-21-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #17
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

i could see percy diving in front of molly...or arthur...avada kedavra, and off to beddy bye!
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:44 PM   #18
Merenwen Vardamir
Enting

I can see that..... It would be him redeaming himself and getting punished. lol
Old 02-03-2006, 09:00 AM   #19
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

I think a weasley has to die to make the "everyone suffers at the hands of voldemort" thing credible and give harry even more reason to kill voldemort

Percy makes sense because they've made such a fuss of him leaving the family so him comeing back and saving someone or dying by some other means seems right

Beorn, The Hobbit

Dumbledore

Morpheus, The Matrix

Last edited by King of The Istari : 02-03-2006 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #20
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of The Istari
I think RAB is Regulus Black (I personally don't think JK thought we'd catch on as fast as everyone has)

Ron and Hermione WILL get together

lol agreed
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote