Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
Beren3000
Fëanorophobic

What is it about LOTR that keeps you coming back?

Hello everyone,
It's certainly been a long time for me since I last "mooted"
I doubt if people around here will even remember me.
I don't know why but I really felt like coming back to the Moot to talk with fellow LOTR fans.
I thought it adequate to stage my "come back" through a topic on coming back to LOTR.

I have read and re-read LOTR more times than I care to count. Yet there's always something that makes me come back and re-read it yet again. For me, it's the magic and wonder of his world that keeps me coming back. The childlike wonder of the Shire and its people, the beauty of the Elves, the sad and heroic stories of Men... Whenever I feel like I'm stuck in a rut and my day to day life is just a slide show of the same pictures stuck on repeat, my thoughts immediately turn to LOTR and I pick it up again and feel refreshed

So my question to you is this: what is it about LOTR that keeps you coming back? What do you think sets it apart from other works of fantasy/sci-fi?
Beren3000 is offline   Reply With Quote