Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-11-2000, 01:17 AM   #1
gdl96

Recent X-Files episode and Tater

Did anyone see the new X-Files episode on Sunday? This question is actually pointed at Tater. I am curious if the episode offended him in any way because it was about the devil and twice when Scully looked at her digital clock it read 6:66, which of course is the sign of the devil. Since Tater is very religious, and, well, doesnt really like the devil, if the episode offended him in anyway. Especially the fact that it was on the Orthodox Christmas weekend. This message is meant in no way to offend Tater or his religion. I totally have respect for all other religions in the world. Dont get me wrong that I dont cuz i wanted the other topic closed. The only reason I wanted that is like Ben said, it was becoming a flame war between religions.
Old 01-11-2000, 02:52 AM   #2
dmaul96

Re: Recent X-Files episode and Tater

I don't think the tater thread was a flame-war. Everyone was very careful not to offend anyone else. However, the thread was irelevant.
Old 01-11-2000, 03:57 AM   #3
bmilder

<font size=+1>Note: This is getting closed, but Tater has the power to re-open it, so he can respond to it whenever he wants, but the rest of the board doesn't need to</font> When Tater sees this, he'll respond, and that'll be the end of it
Old 01-12-2000, 11:11 PM   #4
Darth Tater

Actually Greg I thought that episode was great. Seeing 6 three times on the screen did bother me, and I did say a few prayers after that, but I really like the religious episodes involving the devil. A lot of them are based on church hisotry and actual stories and legends of the church. Remember the episode with the cherubim who had three daughters on earth? That's an actual story of the church, and I really do like the way the X-Files desplay it. Sure, I know our priests hate the show, but I enjoy it. I find it too be an enjoyable release, sometimes very funny, and often very religious. The only episodes I don't really like are the ones that don't deal with the paranormal, but just messed up people. Those just bother me. I don't really think I need to close this since only me and greg care about it anyways. However, if a problem does arise I will and we can continue this conversation at other places.
Old 01-13-2000, 01:54 AM   #5
gdl96

Interesting. I personally thought the whole episode would bother you since it had so much religious stuff in it which i thought you might hav thought offensive. I guess you werent that offended or anything.
Old 01-13-2000, 02:14 AM   #6
Darth Tater

Yeah, but like I said I love those episodes. You didn't answer my question, do you remember that one about the angel's daughters? He was taking their souls before the devil could get to them. I also love the funny ones, those are good after they'll have one that scares the hell out of you.
Old 01-13-2000, 02:18 AM   #7
gdl96

I dont think i remember seeing the angel one. Ive seen so many, i might have. I do like the funny ones, and also the scarry ones. I especially like the freaky and kind of confusiing episode. Thats the kind of sci-fi i like.
Old 01-13-2000, 02:29 AM   #8
Darth Tater

Remember the one with the monster who liked Cher, and he wrapped houses in wrapping paper and with the women, well, you know? Very funny.
Old 01-13-2000, 02:32 AM   #9
gdl96

That was a good one. That was the black and white one, right?
Old 01-13-2000, 02:51 AM   #10
Darth Tater

LOL, yeah. I loved the part when Scully almost beat the guy up in Sundays episode. I was saying "Alright Scully!"
Old 01-13-2000, 03:59 AM   #11
dmaul96

It's all right, two seperate words. Is the angel thing the one that priest who gets killed by the devil. The one where everyone though he was a bad guy, but the inverted cross really stood for st peters death?That was a good episode. X-files show are pretty good. I like them all. The best one was when Mulder switches bodies with someone else. LoL! You had to pray because you were scared of the show?
Old 01-17-2000, 03:32 AM   #12
Darth Tater

Yeah, that's the episode. Not affraid, but I had to take precautions. Don't laugh, this is my belief.
Old 01-25-2000, 03:22 PM   #13
Darth Tater

Greg or whatever you're calling yourself, lets talk about last sundays episode. I thought it was one of the best yet! That part at the end where the snake came out of the minister's (devil's) mouth and ate the mouse was awesome!!! They must have a higher bugget then they used to, cause the effects in that episode, especially that part and the staple remover, were awesome!!!
Old 01-26-2000, 12:36 AM   #14
Elanor

what's a bugget?
Old 01-26-2000, 02:10 AM   #15
bmilder

I believe he meant to write "budget." Tater's not exactly the best speller :P
Old 01-26-2000, 04:20 AM   #16
anduin

In fact, he takes pride in it :P
Old 01-26-2000, 04:45 AM   #17
Elanor

It sounds like a new Middle-earth race. Hm, what would a bugget look like?
Old 01-26-2000, 04:04 PM   #18
Darth Tater

Thank you very much! Where's fett/greg?
Old 01-26-2000, 07:27 PM   #19
DarthNut

:P
Old 01-26-2000, 10:19 PM   #20
fett96

Actually, I kinda missed most of Sundays episode. I was on the computer doing stuff and I had X-Files on the TV behind me. I would occasionally look over my shoulder to watch 4 a couple minutes. I did see one of the scenes with those snakes which was [edited] weird.