Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-19-2000, 09:22 PM   #1
Michael Martinez

Amazon.Com Mixup on Visualizing Middle-earth

It was brought to my attention recently that Amazon.Com had initially assigned the title of "Visualizing Middle-earth" to the wrong ASIN number. This is the unique identifier that Amazon assigns to products in its catalogue.

They subsequently compounded this error by announcing an unauthorized price increase from the original (and still correct) price of $16.00 to $25.00. It is possible that Amazon has been announcing a price increase for "The Wise Pelican", which is the book to which the incorrect ASIN was assigned.

The correct ASIN for "Visualizing Middle-earth" is 0738872547. The incorrect ASIN, the number actually assigned to "The Wise Pelican", is 0738834084. People who have been asked to pay the price increase of $9.00 per book have not been advised of the mixup in ASINs. So not only will people be paying more than they should, they will also receive the wrong book.

To visit the correct page at Amazon for "Visualizing Middle-earth", the full URL is

www.amazon.com/exec/obido...738872547/

Any Amazon customer who has been asked to approve a price increase to $25.00 for "Visualizing Middle-earth" should cancel the order immediately and place it again with the correct ASIN. They will get the $16.00 price. Unfortunately, I doubt that the book can be delivered in time for the holidays.

In addition to Amazon.Com, "Visualizing Middle-earth" is also available from www.bn.com/ and directly from the publisher, www.xlibris.com/Visualizi...earth.html (and the price is the same at all three locations).