Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Amazon's Rings of Power
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-04-2022, 10:15 PM   #1
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Anticipation... And Expectation

We're within a month of the first episode of Rings of Power. Plenty of information has leaked out.

What kind of expectations do you have about the upcoming series?

Are you looking forward to it?

If you feel negatively toward it - whether because of something you've heard or otherwise - do you intend to give it a chance anyway?

Do you have or not have the capability of watching, if you choose?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:03 AM   #2
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Gandalf Opinion on Rings of Power

I'm lookig forward to it. I've been more in the negative side of my tiltometer from when it was announced, but with more and more coming out on it, I'm somewhat optimistic that it will be reasonably good. I get the 'time compression' as they gather an age worth of events and encapsulate them inth five seasons of I believe 10 episodes each,and the visuals haev been fairly good in my opinion.

Of course, over the last year I have done rounds with the 'Woke BS' clique angry with certain actors skin color, and who are in bed with the self-appointed and self-proclaimed 'True Tolkien fans' gatekeeper clique and are cheered on by the 'PJ Purists' clique, but in the end, it is a TV series that will be shown, and I'm quite confident that I will enjoy it no matter what opinions anyone else has. I'm not buying theater tickets to see it as I already have Prime, so it will be another on the menu of TV shows I can watch.

Is there stuff I don't like? Yes. The 'Roman Emperor' blockhead-look is not how I visualize Celebrimbor. On the like side I am loving Morfyyd Clark's portrayal of Galadriel.

Overall, I'm sure it cant be any worse than Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movie fanfics were, and will be way better that his Hobbit garbage was.

Why does this thread have to be introduced as 'Amazon's' Rings of Power? We never said 'New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings' or 'Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings' for those movies. A lot of people hate Amazon, so write it off strictly because of that. Anyway, my 2¢

Last edited by Snowdog : 08-05-2022 at 07:08 AM.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 02:10 PM   #3
Valandil

I've sort of gone back-and-forth. I went from highly excited early on - just that it was happening, and as the first visual images were released. Then - I went to low expectations seeing what was shown in the trailers, and reading thoughts and discussions about some of the implications. And now I'm back to at least some level of excitement, and a willingness to give it a chance.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 08-17-2022, 01:14 AM   #4
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Gandalf

Unlike the PJ Lord of the Rings movies, I don't have to spend an extra cent to see this. My wife has Prime from ordering stuff and we watch other content anyway so we're out nothing. From what I've seen so far, I think I'll like it, and don't think it will be any worse lore-wise than PJ's Lord of the Rings was.

The whole 'woke BS' crowd, the self-appointed "Tolkien" expert gatekeepers, and the PJ Purists all busy circle-dancing with each other and putting so much energy into something they hate will assure its success since a good majority of them will subscribe, or are already subscribed to the 'evil Amazon' and will watch it so they can make their disparaging youtube videos.

I haven't spent a cent on the PJ Hobbit as I went to see them at special screenings and have only watched each movie once.

Here is the air times and dates. We get two on the first day, and weekly after that.

Amazon Prime Video announced today that two episodes of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power will premiere on Sept. 1 and 2 (depending on time zone). The rest of the episodes will follow a weekly, single-episode rollout.

The episodes will launch at the same time around the world, so that all fans can experience them simultaneously. The finale of the eight-episode first season will air on Oct. 14.

Here’s how the premiere will rollout worldwide:

6 p.m. PDT — Thursday, September 1
9 p.m. EDT — Thursday, September 1
10 p.m. Brazil — Thursday, September 1
2 a.m. UK — Friday, September 2
3 a.m. Central European Summer Time — Friday, September 2
5:30 a.m. India Standard Time — Friday, September 2
10 a.m. Japan Standard Time — Friday, September 2
11 a.m. Australia — Friday, September 2
1 p.m. New Zealand — Friday, September 2

Last edited by Snowdog : 08-17-2022 at 01:22 AM.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:21 AM   #5
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog View Post
:
:
:

Here is the air times and dates. We get two on the first day, and weekly after that.

Amazon Prime Video announced today that two episodes of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power will premiere on Sept. 1 and 2 (depending on time zone). The rest of the episodes will follow a weekly, single-episode rollout.

The episodes will launch at the same time around the world, so that all fans can experience them simultaneously. The finale of the eight-episode first season will air on Oct. 14.

Here’s how the premiere will rollout worldwide:

6 p.m. PDT — Thursday, September 1
9 p.m. EDT — Thursday, September 1
10 p.m. Brazil — Thursday, September 1
2 a.m. UK — Friday, September 2
3 a.m. Central European Summer Time — Friday, September 2
5:30 a.m. India Standard Time — Friday, September 2
10 a.m. Japan Standard Time — Friday, September 2
11 a.m. Australia — Friday, September 2
1 p.m. New Zealand — Friday, September 2
Wow - thanks for that information!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court