Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-15-2002, 05:40 PM   #41
KGamgee
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Liviaine
Last night I had a dream where I owned all of the books that had anything to do with LotR and was never bored again.
Ahhhh.....
If that happened, I would never complain about anything ever again......
KGamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 06:25 PM   #42
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I had a weird dream last night, though it had nothing to do with LOTR...it creeped me out, a LOT. Mebbe I'll start a different thread in GM.

I want my LOTR dreams!
Old 02-16-2002, 08:23 AM   #43
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Last night, I dreamt I was in this dusty place. A few dark figures were out in the distance. I felt that there was something very grave and frightening in the place. The air was so thick with it that even the figure's heartbeats were felt by me.

I approached one of them and he seemed to be quite apart from the rest and seemed to be their leader. When he looked in my direction, I tried to make out the face but it was a bit dark. He made some remarks which I don't quite remember but I felt he was calling me. As I approached I saw that he resembled someone from the film.

At that point I could not remember who it was exactly until I saw a few elves behind him and a dward and finally realized that it was Aragorn with Viggo's face!

I realized I was the leader of those who had broken their oath and were being summoned in the Paths of the Dead!

Then I woke up on the floor. Ouch...

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 02-16-2002 at 08:49 AM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 12:04 PM   #44
KGamgee
Elven Warrior

Ooo...mysterious!
Old 02-18-2002, 09:06 PM   #45
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I actually had a LotR dream!!!! I was very excited about this, 'cause I don't usually dream about what I want to dream...but this wasn't very LotR...
I was in this underground cavern sort of place, I think it was Moria, and a miniature Balrog (It had wings!!!!) was chasing me. When I got out, I ran through the forest, and all these birds were following. They were really brightly coloured, like parrots and whatnot. It was a rather tropical forest. Then, I was nearing a river, and Arwen (Liv Tyler) was there, with the whole costume from the Ford of Bruinen in the movie, and she was waiting, and when I reached where she was, she got off her horse and told me to ride across the ford. So I took the horse and did as she said, and then she turned into one of my friends, and told the birds to stay where they were. Then some orcs met me on the other side and I shot them with my bow, and when they were gone, I turned around to find Arwen/my friend, but I turned around just in time to see her riding away with someone. I was crying, because she was gone, then I woke up. Wierd, huh?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 09:26 PM   #46
KGamgee
Elven Warrior

Oooo...thats a good one....
I'm sad because I haven't had a LOTR dream in a while.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:52 PM   #47
KGamgee
Elven Warrior

This is, by far, my weirdest dream.
I was Sam in this.... and Frodo and I were riding bikes in my neighborhood....then all the members of the company showed up one by one (on bikes). Except Boromir.
Then Boromir and a bunch of black riders caught up to us (we were at a stop light) and started hitting us with ( I can't belive I actually dreamed this)-light sabers. Okay, so then we got transported to this space station and it became sort of a Star Wars/LOTR mix. But now it was only me (Sam) and Frodo. Boromir and Black Riders were still chasing us through the space station with light sabers. We escaped, only to find we had gotten into to one of those little escape pods. Then-- yep, you guessed it-- we had to navigate an asteroid field with Boromir shooting at us from the Death Star....except it was shaped like a giant Ring. We escaped back to Middle Earth and found that Merry had married Eowyn and Pippin had married Arwen (poor Aragorn). Then I woke up.
The weird thing is, I don't even really like Star Wars that much.
Old 02-24-2002, 04:31 PM   #48
Elbereth Gilthoniel
Enting

I had a dream about the LOTR but not so long:
the fellowship was travelling near Rivendel and orks came and they ran away to the mountains that become really small and Gandalf clock started to chage collors.
all that was somehow in the street under my house.
wierd
thy starlight on the Western Seas.
Elbereth Gilthoniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 04:34 PM   #49
Elf Girl
Lurker

I've had two LoTR-related dreams. Once I was Frodo running through a woods with the Black Riders after me. I tripped and woke up. The other time I was Eowyn riding on a white horse with an important message for Minas Tirith. I was riding along the edge of a gully full of garbage that a battle was being fought in when I woke up.

I really want more LoTR dreams but of course *rolls eyes* now I'm not getting any.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 05:23 PM   #50
KGamgee
Elven Warrior

I nominate my dream for the weirdest.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:21 PM   #51
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
I had a weird dream last night, though it had nothing to do with LOTR...it creeped me out, a LOT.
I also had a weird, non-LotR dream last night . . . but I also had a LotR dream. I dreamt a lot last night, actually. But my dream was that I had a One Ring replica (which I actually do, in real life), and it one day turned into the One Ring, and it made me invisible when I put it on. And then I went in my dream to New Zealand, and talked to Sir Ian McKellen and Peter Jackson, and they told me to cast it into Mount Doom, the set version that is . . . and then I went all gollum-y and said, "It's my preciousss . . ." And then they threw me and the ring into Mount Doom, and the Ring went back to normal, and I hit the bottom, because MOunt Doom just CGIed. Weird, huh?

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 09:02 PM   #52
Elf Girl
Lurker

ooooooooooooh I had another LotR dream last night!!!
It was real short though. All I dreamed was that Aragorn told Frodo that the Ring had belonged to him (Aragorn) before it came to Frodo, and that Frodo was amazed that Aragorn had been able to give it up.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:15 PM   #53
Occasionally Jay
Enting

I've never had a LotR dream, either. Harry Potter dreams, I've had....they involved Snape....*dreamy look*

Lots of flying dreams....dreams as other people....

No LotR. *is mildly sad.*

(He's a real hoopy Frodo who always knows where his towel is.)
Occasionally Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 07:39 AM   #54
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

i never have lotr dreams either *sniffs, sniffs some more then bursts into tears*
its hard to dream about it all night as well as think about it all day.my brain needs some time out to think of other things at night.
i have however had dreams involving certain hobbit sized members of the cast but i can assure you that they were not "pleasent" dreams. we just met at the cinema and talked and then went bowling and things.
nothing like the dreams my friend strawberryicecream has. they mainly involve elijah in a white spotless flowing shirt, and some honey, and i think there was licking involved!some people are so disgusting.
will try and have some lotr dreams but its annoying cos you never dream of what you want to!
Old 02-28-2002, 10:11 AM   #55
KGamgee
Elven Warrior

I get Lord of the Rings dreams at night by reading right before I go to bed....maybe that'll help. I also have a bunch of the songs memorized and I say them to myself every once and a while....when I do that I get LOTR dreams. Try it, it can't hurt
This is my 100th post! YEAH!!!!
Old 02-28-2002, 03:09 PM   #56
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

i'll give it a go! i have the soundtrack memorised and sing that on the way to school, at school, on the way home from school, at home etc etc.
congats on becoming warrior!i'm working on it but have LONG way to go.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:19 PM   #57
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

You're welcome!
(I'm the same person (KGamgee) just with a new user name. Just when I get to be a warrior, I decide I don't like my screen name. )
~Rosie~
He snatches the moons from out of the sky.
RosieCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 03:19 PM   #58
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Try counting Oliphaunts instead of sheep. It has a drowsier effect and you don't need to count as many as sheep to fall asleep.

You could also try reciting these lines over and over:
"I made a promise Mr Frodo, a promise. 'Don't you leave him, Samwise Gamgee' and I don't mean to...I don't mean to"
"Oh, Sam"

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 02-28-2002 at 03:32 PM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 03:22 PM   #59
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

rosie cotton- u sacrificed 100 posts just to change your name?
Old 02-28-2002, 03:24 PM   #60
Elf Girl
Lurker

I try to think about what aspect of Lord of the Rings I want to dream about, but this only works if you forget that you're thinking about it on purpose.