Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-17-2002, 02:27 AM   #81
Evenstar
Elven Warrior

I like it!!

I like the name Allegra!! I am going to name my kids all interesting names!!! Heres a list:
Spain
Hunter
December (I think it sounds really cool!)
or November
Autumn
wow...my kids are gonna hate me arent they!!!
Anyway...as for LotR names...I like Elanor...and I like Pippin...but probably only for a nickname!!! Depends on if he is gonna be a trouble maker or not!!!
Lorien would be a pretty name!! Or to invent a name...Loriena...Yeah...I feel sorry for my children!!
Old 02-17-2002, 06:37 AM   #82
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Gollum

A thought just struck me... one day our kids (probably all named Denethor, Arwen, Eowyn, Frodo, Aragorn and such) will visit the entmoot-forum which in those days will be famed throughout the world. And they will by chance come upon those old and ancient threads and they will read our posts and they will think: " Drat, is THIS where they got that name!?" and they will curse us root and branch....
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 03:29 AM   #83
Evenstar
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
A thought just struck me... one day our kids (probably all named Denethor, Arwen, Eowyn, Frodo, Aragorn and such) will visit the entmoot-forum which in those days will be famed throughout the world. And they will by chance come upon those old and ancient threads and they will read our posts and they will think: " Drat, is THIS where they got that name!?" and they will curse us root and branch....
hehe!!! yeah probably
Old 02-18-2002, 11:33 PM   #84
Asilynn
Hobbit

I like Peregrin and Meriadoc.

Elvish names are very pretty, but people are such idiots that they'd never be able to pronouce most of them.

I like Elbereth Gilthoniel, and Radagast might be cool.

When I get a laptop I'm going to name it Gil-Galed.

If I get another cat I may name it Tinuviel, Gollum would be a cool name for a salamander.....

Asilynn

PS I have two middle names

Not all that glitters is gold.
Asilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 09:45 PM   #85
Alethes
Enting

Two of the contestants on yesterday's "Family Feud" were named Lorien and Arwen (though she pronounced it "Air-wen").
-Proverbs 22:11
Alethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 12:44 AM   #86
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
And by then, all of us old 'mooters will be old friends, and we'll all laugh...that would be weird.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 05:59 PM   #87
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I Love the elven names because they sound so pretty! I'm gonna call my kids (if i have any) Sam, Elanor and maybe Arwen but nothing REALLY obvious such as Frodo or Bilbo. Maybe Cirdan is a bit OTT or Glorfindel.
I like words like that especially elvish...now i'm just raving on so ignore anything that doesnt sound normal because i am not. (Here i go again. I am so bored at the mo)

PS I think that i have spelt Earendil (Erendil) wrong. I didn't mean to- so now im stuck with an incorrect name.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 06:11 AM   #88
Earniel

Gollum

Welcome to the moot! Don't worry about the miss-typing of your name. See it this way: at least now you have a name that no one else will have. Ërendil doesn't sound that bad at all.
Old 03-03-2002, 05:02 PM   #89
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

Thanks Eärniel. Nice name BTW

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 06:38 PM   #90
Earenya
Elven Warrior

I would certainly consider naming my kids Elvish names. Not so sure what my (future) husband would think though, haha.
I love Galadriel, but I enjoy the Quenyan translations of English names even. My real name translated is "Erunyauve".
Tiro! El eria e mor
I 'lir en el luitha 'uren
Ai! Aniron...

FRODO LIVES!
Earenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 04:06 PM   #91
Earniel

Gollum

You're welcome Ërendil.

Now that I finished UT, I have a new favorite: Emerwen. It's not a welknown Middle-earth name, but just Tolkienish enough.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:02 PM   #92
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

How 'bout Maia? That's Tolkeinish and might just save the kid from the death-by-teasing fate a more obvious name would give.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 06:20 PM   #93
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

All this talk about kids names is stirring up an old conversation that my future-to-be wife and i had a few months back. I want to name my daughter Emerald Fields (yes, after my own middle name) I think it's very poetic and her nickname would be Emmy. However she doesn't like it because it's too easy to "pick on". I can't see her point and my contention is that I've heard kids pick on names like Sue, John and Mike so it really doesn't matter what the kid's named.
Opinions?

P.S. i personally like Luthien now after reading this thread and will approach my love with this idea, but I can tell you the outcome aleady. Can't say I didn't try!
Old 03-08-2002, 07:55 PM   #94
Earenya
Elven Warrior

Best of luck! As someone with a fairly common name I thoroughly support the idea of having unique names!
Tiro! El eria e mor
I 'lir en el luitha 'uren
Ai! Aniron...

FRODO LIVES!
Earenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 09:24 PM   #95
Elf Girl
Lurker

I think in years to come I'll name my daughter Melian.
I don't know about a boy, though.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 10:56 PM   #96
Jedipati
Sapling

If I ever have kids (which is unlikely as I don't plan on ever marrying), I want to name my first girl Elanor Hope and I want my first boy to have the middle name of Estel (not sure what's gonna go with that.)
Jedipati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 05:02 AM   #97
Earniel

If children want to "pick on" a name they don't even need a special name. My name is as common as muck and they teased me by refering constantly to the largest desert of africa. Although special names are perhaps more inviting to pick on.

To Jedipati: You can always plan on adopting one or two...
Old 03-09-2002, 11:07 AM   #98
Vanimdil
Enting

Jedipati, I love the name Elanor Hope! That's cool. How about Michael Estel. That sounds nice, I think.
Vanimdil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 12:03 PM   #99
Elf Girl
Lurker

Heehee...I'm an Elven Warrior...It took me twelve days to get here.

I wish my name was more interesting. Maybe I can convince everyone to call me Melian. Speaking of names, isn't it weird that we all think of each other in terms of our Entmoot names?
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 12:56 PM   #100
Earniel

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
Speaking of names, isn't it weird that we all think of each other in terms of our Entmoot names?
It's hard not to. I know perhaps one or two of the real names of people. And I like my entmootname, I made it up myself. *beams around her proudly*