Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-25-2002, 07:54 PM   #1
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
Sam Gamgee

let's see.........i saw FOTR about..umm......20 something times in the theater last year...and i've seen TTT 4 times already!
Old 12-25-2002, 11:13 PM   #2
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Saw FotR in theatres 7 times, was aiming for 9, whatever. So far, I've only seen TTT twice (I'm keeping an update in my sig ), but I'm aiming for 12 (the 9 Nazgûl rings plus the 3 Elven rings, so there Arathorn! ) at least. Basically, however many I can afford, plus however many times I can get friends/family to pay for my tickets. Yeah.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 11:31 PM   #3
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Well, I saw FotR 3 times, so I'm going to see TTT at least that many times and maybe more. I'm shooting for 4 so that I justifiably can see RotK 5 times.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 04:33 AM   #4
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I saw the FoTR 3 times at the movies and so many times on video I'm embarassed to admit it. I'll probably see TTT 2 or 3 times at the movies.

Last edited by cassiopeia : 12-26-2002 at 04:34 AM.
cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 09:48 AM   #5
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

As with FotR, I'll see TTT twice -- only this time, I'll see TTT at a drive-in.

The sound at the cinema I went to (which incidentally was a large and expensive one), was crap. Therefore, I'd rather listen to Helm's Deep with my two 12" subs. There won't be any surround sound, but then again, I never heard any in the cinema...
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 09:54 AM   #6
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Oh in America!! Oh to have Drive in Movies!!

God I'm jealous

The cinema near us is really good!! 50 screens all with big comphy seats all about a metre higher than the one below you so you always get a good view and with surround sound!!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 10:08 AM   #7
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Well, the cinema I went to seats 350. And they claim it is fitted with a "state of the art" digital surround sound system (even though I heard absolutely no surround sound, the treble was harsh, the sound stage was unclear, I felt hardly any subsonic bass, and even though the screen was about 4 stories tall, they were still using 35mm film, so the picture just looked more blurry than usual. Oh, and the contrast was quite rubbish. Quite similar to a $3000 data projector.

I guess I'm not expecting much from the drive-in either. Well, not from the picture, anyway.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 03:56 PM   #8
ElvenMagic
Sapling

i have already seen The Two Towers twice and am hoping to see it at least two more times. i had to pee the entire time when i first saw it but i said to myself "You are NOT missing a second of this movie--even if your bladder is going to explode--you are not missing any of this!" As soon as the credits came on I made a mad dash to the bathroom. so thats my little story.
ElvenMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 06:39 PM   #9
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

Well I've seen it twice already! I'm going again tomorrow and then again on Saturday!
I'll probably go like every week untill it get's taken out of the cinema!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 09:10 PM   #10
Merlin
Hobbit

Gandalf HAHAHAHAS are getting annoying!

I know what you mean Varda, I had to use the restroom in Harry Poter and the Chamber of Secrets really bad! But I stayed in my seat and watched the whole movie. I still haven't seen that darn movie( The Two Towers.) I'm going to see it on Saturday ( please be at the Rave!) I hope to see it at least once! I gotta pee!

Last edited by Merlin : 12-26-2002 at 09:12 PM.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 04:24 AM   #11
Entlover
Elven Warrior

I don't want to wear it out. I have the feeling TT won't hold up alone as well as FotR. I've seen FotR 3 times in theaters and maybe 4 or 5 at home, TT once and probably once more til I get the Extended Version.
Of course seeing all 3 together is the ultimate goal.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 04:41 AM   #12
Elenessiel
Hobbit

Fellowship definitely merited a full ten viewings in theaters. (Would have been eleven, but I got lost and showed up half an hour late.) I'm not sure I like TTT quite as much (probably due to the fragmented storyline), but I'm sure it merits either eight viewings or as many as I can get in before my car dies for good.
Elenessiel is offline   Reply With Quote