Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-03-2003, 04:47 PM   #21
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

well,I hope all goes well for ya!

Perhaps someday a Super penguin movie will be made...........nah!LOL!

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

It's pronounced 'Hether', not 'Heether', biznotch!
Giroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 01:28 AM   #22
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

There already is a Penguin movie and it's called Batman Returns.

They're also making a movie called Catwoman starring Halle Berry but it has nothing to do with Catwoman from the Batman comics.

Quote:
My favourite bunch of super-heros would have to be the X-Men (specifically Wolverine, Rogue, and Nightcrawler), followed pretty closely by Batman (Dark Knight Returns) There's some new transformers comics out now by DW that are beautifully crafted, and then there's the usual suspects like Alan Moore's Watchmen, and V for Vendetta, as well as Frank Miller's varied bunch of heroes from the Sin City series (a super-hero doesn't have to wear his undies over his pants to be one.)
The first two comics I read when I just got started were The Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen. I think it is because of those two works alone that I now have tremendous respect for the storytelling possibilities of the comics medium.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 01:36 PM   #23
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

wow! a penguin. thats original.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 01:40 PM   #24
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
team superheros

does anybody like the fantastic four they are pretty cool i also enjoy the justice league
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH

Last edited by b.banner : 10-07-2003 at 02:43 PM.
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 08:54 PM   #25
jellyfishannah
Elven Warrior

I was never very much into the comic books, but I absolutely love the idea of superheroes and mutants and such...My favorite is Spiderman. Then, the Flash, Batman, the X-men.....

"Don't tell lies you can't keep." ~My little sister...
jellyfishannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 10:03 PM   #26
Agalayth
Elven Warrior

My favorites are Spiderman and X-Men. In the X-Men, I especially like Psylocke, and I am very mad that they had neither her nor Gambit in the second X-Men movie.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:50 PM   #27
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I already know there's a penguin in a movie...but this is not the villain,but the hero........and yeah,I know it isn't very original.We weren't shooting for the coolest,SUPER super hero....I mean,we started it when we really young,
so we weren't so 'cool' ourselves back then. LOL

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

Old 10-07-2003, 02:39 AM   #28
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Yeah, but then you'd have to come up with a new name instead of just "The Penguin". Maybe "Tuxedo" or "Emperor" or something...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 10-07-2003, 01:06 PM   #29
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
has anybody?

has anybody seen any of the superhero movies i like the hulk spider man and some of the batman movies and of course x-men
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 10-07-2003, 02:43 PM   #30
azalea
Long lost mooter

I watched the beginning of Superman II the other night, and it made me remember why I was in love with Christopher Reeve when I was a kid.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 05:14 PM   #31
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

iron,the best we could do back then is 'Super Penguin'...........that's still the name today....LOL

Old 10-07-2003, 08:32 PM   #32
b.banner
Elf Lord

new batman vs superman movie

i heard they were making new movies about Batman and Superman

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH

Last edited by b.banner : 11-17-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:57 AM   #33
b.banner
Elf Lord

hey?

hey what happend why wont anybody answer to my thread anymore?

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 10-20-2003, 05:26 PM   #34
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

oh sorry b. banner.........sometimes it takes time here.we all all kinda slow.....heheheheh

But,I couldn't really help you there,unfortunately.I have no clue.i didn't even know they were making that.Did you hear they are making a sequel to Spiderman?I bet you have!

Old 10-20-2003, 09:37 PM   #35
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Yes, and Spidey 2 looks like one hot superhero project for two major reasons:

1. Alfred Molina (also known as "Throw me the idol, I throw you the whip!" from Raiders of the Lost Ark) as Doctor Octopus

2. It's written by Michael Chabon, who practically introduced me to comic books in his Pulitzer-winning novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay (which is a must-read for anybody who's into comics... and everyone else).

Old 10-20-2003, 10:01 PM   #36
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

OOOH! I suddenly like alfred molina now that i know what he's been in.
I heard that originally Sam Neill (pretty good cosideration) was going to play doc ock, and the Robert De Niro (not so good a consideration)offered too.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:36 AM   #37
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
Yes, and Spidey 2 looks like one hot superhero project for two major reasons:

1. Alfred Molina (also known as "Throw me the idol, I throw you the whip!" from Raiders of the Lost Ark) as Doctor Octopus

2. It's written by Michael Chabon, who practically introduced me to comic books in his Pulitzer-winning novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay (which is a must-read for anybody who's into comics... and everyone else).

Two awesome facts I did not know. Props to figuring out what Doc Oc's other roles were. Where on earth did you find that?

And I second IP's reading suggestion. 'Tis a great book.

Oh and Spidey has always been my favorite superhero. Unless we're counting X-MEN cus then it would be Gambit by a very thin margin.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 05:59 PM   #38
b.banner
Elf Lord

i cant wait!

i cant wait for the fantastic four movie. it will probally be very good

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 10-22-2003, 06:05 PM   #39
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

Now when will a thundercats movie come out? hehehehehehe....

Old 10-22-2003, 09:55 PM   #40
Millane
The Dude

Hulk is definately the best superhero you just gotta love the brute strength
i dont read a lot of comic books, but i read the manga Blade of the Immortal and Manji would kick any superhero's arse in the cool stakes... can Manji count as a superhero???