Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-22-2019, 05:27 PM   #1
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Binge-Watching TV

With the streaming business taking the wait out of watching TV shows, I tend to watch through a series now. Of late I've been watching a fairly good cop show called Bosche. Of course I watched all seasons of [b[Archer[/b], Riverdale and American Gods among others. I also went "old-school" and binge-watched my Combat TV series box set. There are six seasons, and they aren't these wimpy 10 or so episode seasons either. There are 39 episodes in a season, each running about 47 minutes. They filled an hour of TV time back in the day with commercials. It will be a long time before I get through the whole set.

What are your current TV shows you are binging/watching?

(I expect the usual 'I don't watch tv' posts are forthcoming which I say 'good for you'. This thread is for those who DO watch TV to share their guilty pleasures)
Old 09-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #2
katya
Elven Maiden

I actually try not to binge, because I feel like if I binge watch a show, I don't retain any of it. I think my brain needs like, some in between episodes to process and mull over the story, even if it's just an unconscious process. But anyway I used to be into Supernatural and I'm trying hard not to binge the whole of the last season that's out so far. This show should have probably ended years and years ago, but the last season has been fun and I've been genuinely enjoying it.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:21 AM   #3
Snowdog

Having watched most of the episdes when they were airing, I was happy my wife wanted to binge watch The Vikings. It was nice to see them in succession, but it appears that season 6 part 2 hasn't dropped on any streaming service here in Australia after its run on SBS and SBS on Demand.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:07 AM   #4
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

We're waiting for the final part of the season here too.

I'm not a fan of splitting up seasons. Why bother having seasons if you're going to split them up even more? I don't get to binge that often but I like to have most episodes of series saved before I begin.(Having seldom the chance to watch right away as they air.) And to find out after a while that no, I don't have the full season and I have to wait months before I get them is annoying.

But I did manage to binge most of the second season of Star Trek Discovery. I like it a lot better than the first. Still not convinced of the 'gimmick' of giving Spock a sister but I'm quite liking the addition of captain Pike.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:35 PM   #5
Snowdog

More binge-watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
I'm not a fan of splitting up seasons. Why bother having seasons if you're going to split them up even more? I don't get to binge that often but I like to have most episodes of series saved before I begin.(Having seldom the chance to watch right away as they air.) And to find out after a while that no, I don't have the full season and I have to wait months before I get them is annoying.
Yeah, well, being that many shows call 10 (or less) episodes a "season", the word really doesn't have any meaning anymore. Instead of breaking up the 'seasons' into two, they could have just called it a 'season' and numbered the 2nd halves as a new 'season'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
I did manage to binge most of the second season of Star Trek Discovery. I like it a lot better than the first. Still not convinced of the 'gimmick' of giving Spock a sister but I'm quite liking the addition of captain Pike.
I need to give that another chance. I got a hand full of episodes into it and just didn't have the drive to keep going with it. I did like 'Lower Decks' though.

I recently watched the six episodes of 'Reservation Dogs', and loved it. Some good young actors on that show.