Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit (book)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

The Hobbit project

Now i know it's been done before on the lotr and sil, but i think it would be interesting to do a chapter by chapter anaysis on a book intended for children. if you're interested in doing this project, then you can contact me by a privet message. what do you all think?
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

This has already been proposed, but I think it would be best to wait until the LotR one has finished before another project is started.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
jammi567

do you have any idea when that is going to finish?
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:45 PM   #4
Telcontar_Dunedain

About mid-October time.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 05-24-2006, 04:58 PM   #5
jammi567

do you know when the next chapter(s) are supposed to be up and running.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
Telcontar_Dunedain

Check the Lord of the Rings Discussion Project at the top of the LotR Book Forum.

Old 05-31-2006, 04:57 PM   #7
jammi567

wish they would hurry up.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #8
jammi567

To keep everyone, updated, we will start in November, to get everyone to recover from the lotr discussion project.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:11 AM   #9
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

We actually started one a couple years ago. I think we stalled out in Chapter 3 or something - but we were already into the LOTR Discussion Project.

Like someone suggested, we can bump it maybe about a month after the LOTR project is complete - then decide if we want to continue that one or re-start the project.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:21 AM   #10
jammi567

i personally think we should start it again, to give new people a chance to join in.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:36 AM   #11
orithil
Captain Jack

Are you going to make a new thread to start the project on?

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:42 AM   #12
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

i believe it has been decided that we're not going to start this one for some time...
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:17 AM   #13
jammi567

yeh, what he said.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:43 PM   #14
Alcuin
Salt Miner

What say we start up a Hobbit Discussion Project to parallel the LotR Discussion Project, pin it to the top of The Hobbit (book) section the way the LotR Discussion Project is pinned to the top of the LotR section? I'll start it: I'm rereading The Hobbit right now anyway.
Alcuin is offline   Reply With Quote