Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Feedback and Tech Problems
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2005, 07:15 PM   #1
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Minor difficulty . . .

The General Messages forum refuses to acknowledge the existence of my last two posts in the Theology thread. The two posts are there, if you go to the last page, but the forum outside is not interested in showing that they're there. Some assistance with this would be nice . I hope the problem doesn't show up anywhere else.

~Lief
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Ah, I've had that problem a few times with my posts. The post count for that thread should become normal as soon as someone else posts in it.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #3
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago but when some else posted it became normal.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:50 AM   #4
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Yeah, we've been having some weird stuff lately... FM calls it 'New Page Bug' I almost wish I could take the credit/blame for it - but I can't.

I've just encountered 'New Thread Bug' - started a thread in the ME forum, but from the Entmoot Index, a post from several hours ago in another thread shows up as the last post in the forum.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:06 AM   #5
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Why would you be to blame? *suspicious squint*

That just happened to me in LotR was read clandestinely before the Velvet revolution!

I'd go bump it but it's close to the top anyway. Server problems? This happens a lot at another board I post at. Their forums are huge, but they actually are probably a similar size to the Moot.

EDIT: Is it related to that duplicate post thing?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #6
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

We'll possibly have to run some maintanance tools of vB to restore posts counts to normal, but since we haven't ever done it before I'm always a bit too afraid about what may happen if I hit that button...
Old 04-22-2005, 10:09 AM   #7
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

What'll happen, you'll be reduced to a mere 3 or 4 digit post count?

But I don't think this problem is about the number of posts, just about someone's last post not bumping the thread, appearing in the go to last post link, etc. It only appears in the thread.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:03 AM   #8
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
What'll happen, you'll be reduced to a mere 3 or 4 digit post count?
LOL YES, that's the problem!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:29 PM   #9
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

It's happening to me, too then you're not sure if the post made it or not, and if it's a long or thoughtful one, that's irritating.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:18 PM   #10
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Yep. I'm encountering it more too. It's appearing in other threads from Theology, though I suppose everyone already was aware of that.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote