Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-09-2003, 10:21 PM   #21
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

silly noobs.........

GL initially intended there to be 9 episodes. I believe he wrote outlines for each. Who knows what that website has? Maybe something they made up.

There will be no ep 7-9. And there shouldn't be now - actors and actresses are a lot older now - there would be no continuity. Some actors are dead. It just wouldn't feel right.

Plus, with all the EU books and comics and stuff that continued the story.........

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 10:36 PM   #22
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Downloading information on Star Wars 3
......receiving...
......receiving....
......receiving....
beep......
beep......
beep......
.....incoming file...
.....download successfull.

Hi this is George Lucas, well for Episode three. I'm basically planning on taking my classics, and uh, ruining them with prequels. Yup sounds great huh? Well heres another idea of mine. Well I'll build up a lame story, get some horrible actors, and then I'll pack the movie with CG action that will make episode three just another Typical Action film. Well what do ya think?

I'm just jokin SW maniacs, don't kill me -Thranduil
thranduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:06 PM   #23
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i cant wait to see obi-wan beat up anakin.
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 07:37 PM   #24
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i just watched a clone wars cartoon .
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 02-01-2004, 05:38 PM   #25
b.banner
Elf Lord

I just read that Peter Mayhew signed on for three more Star Wars movies.

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH

Last edited by b.banner : 11-09-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:39 PM   #26
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Here's the scoop on Episodes 7-9:

There were originally supposed to be 9 episodes all together. Lucas created the middle three first and then was going to write up the prequels, then the "threequels". What comes after a sequel? Anyway, the thing became such a huge phenomenon that he decided to chill for a while, writing his stories, and in the meantime creating Lucasfilms, LucasArts, THX, LucasBooks, buying parts of Disney, and that kind of thing. Yes, I know that THX is a substituent of LucasArts.

So anyway, in the meantime, a whole bunch of books were written, all preapproved by him, of course, which retold the story, and told the rest of it. This would have made his job considerably easier, seeing as he already had a plotline to follow... and Mara Jade would have been really cool in the movies....

Anyway, back in the real world, a new generation had grown up and had been exposed to "real" CG. His masterpieces were "old School" and sales were dropping. So he decided to revamp the old ones and add some scenes, do some CG, and get them up to speed with modern films, all the while giving this new generation a background in the SW universe so that he could then reel them in with his new trilogy.

Oh, I forgot to mention that in '93, I believe, he passed a little "act" saying that all the books/comics/movies had to agree with all the others. I think it was a cop-out on his part because he didn't want to proofread everything anymore. So any plots or stories that occur in one book can't contradict what another book says.

So he starts making the prequels, all the while, I might mention, breaking his own rules about making the books/comics/movies agree. E1 is a hit (it's actually what got me interested in SW to being with). Then he wants more money. So E2 and 3 are created. I might mention that immediately after E1, he was still planning on making all 9 movies. But now, he's finally come to the conclusion that he's just too old and he won't be making movies for another 30 years.

So, it is possible that Episodes 7-9 will someday be completed, but not by Lucas. His successor will have to take up that task.

---This has been StarWars news and comment by Nariel. Tune in next time for "What happened to Lando?"---

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 01:15 PM   #27
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

wow... just read that synopsis on supershadow... sounds like a lot of stuff for one movie... should be great though
Old 05-14-2004, 11:28 PM   #28
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSSSSPOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIILLLLLLLLEEEEERRRR RRRS!
Old 06-03-2004, 10:49 PM   #29
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Ben... are you totally taking over this Star Wars forum?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 07:38 PM   #30
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

I guess.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:43 PM   #31
azalea
Long lost mooter

I read the part where someone is saying that Darth is going to kill Padme or have her killed. That surprises me, because I felt that his transformation was foreshadowed when he says to her "I'm going to make it so that people won't have to die" (something like that).
So my mind made the leap that her death would send him over the edge into evil, not that his becoming evil would be the cause her death. That it'll be a "Luke confronting his evil side" type situation, and instead of winning, he'll lose because of his anger about her death (think the slaughter of the Sand people on a bigger scale). And the fact that he is mostly mechanized is evidence of his work on how to stop people from dying.
I don't know, my theory just seems better to me.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote