Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-05-2004, 10:10 PM   #1
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Questions

How come Vader doesn't seem to remember his robots (I don't feel like typing out thier names). And how come Obi Wan doesn't either? He did travel everywhere wiht them.
How come Vader knows Luke but not of Leia, the same for Obi Wan. They are twins after all.
Are the first 6 books still in print? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:46 PM   #2
azalea
Long lost mooter

Please -- droids! You could either say that for Obi-Wan, he'd seen so many and it had been so long, that one was the same as the next, and he just didn't remember. Vader is a little more difficult, but then again, he was a different person really, so you could say he didn't remember either. Or you could just say it was a gap in the storytelling created by Lucas.

As far as Leia, Obi-Wan does know about her, he just didn't know her as Princess Leia until he later figured it out. He probably hadn't seen her since she was an infant, if ever. And my own theory is that Annikin and Padme split up before the babies are born or something happens that splits them up. The babies are born, she dies, and Annikin "Darths" ( )because of it, but she's hidden the babies, because she fears him, or something along those lines.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:06 PM   #3
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

Anikin dosn't "darth" he turns to the dark side.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:48 PM   #4
azalea
Long lost mooter

I was using "darth" as a verb to make it synonymous with turning to the dark side. It was humor (IOW "to darth" in his case means he turns into Darth Vader)!
Old 06-08-2004, 10:53 PM   #5
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

Oh. whoops.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:14 PM   #6
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
I geuss that will work. Everyhting will be explained in the next movie anyway. Thank ye!
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:13 AM   #7
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

The Vader explanation by Azlea is what I ways felt was correct. There was a split before Anakin knew he was a father.

Ben's lack of knowing R2 is harder. A rumor from my youth was that doing the clone wars Obi Wan was cloned. And that Ben Kenobi was that clone.

But I don't think that will hold up.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:11 AM   #8
Orli17
Elven Warrior

Hey that's a wild idea that Obi Wan was cloned...hahaha...yea i had the same questions abt ppl recognizing the droids.....and its still not answered yet...haha

LEGOLAS GREENLEAF

10 Things You'll Find in Legolas' Backpack - Elvensmiths & Co.

10. hairbrush
9. blower
8. powder
7. Enya’s "the Memory of Trees" CD
6. cold cream
5. mud packs
4. First Aid kit
3. shampoo and conditioner
2. his picture
1. 101 Ways to Become the Prettiest Thing in Middle Earth

that is from theonering.net 'tookish ticklers top ten things'...just citing my sources.....
Orli17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:03 AM   #9
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

Well I thionk that Obi-WWan alwasy knew about Leia. I dont think he ever figured it out I m sur ehe just knew. He probably kept in contact with her adopted "parents" some also prob kept a contact on her just like obi-wan watched luke.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:51 AM   #10
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

im sure the whole droid thing will be explained and addressed in epsiode three - maybe even in the new Star Wars DVDs coming out in september. Maybe they will add in something about recognizing the droids or mentioning padme??

They will probably come up with something good but think about thrdr:
-Ben Kenobi and Darth Vader are getting on in years
-Vader and Kenobi are different people - Kenobi living as a hermit, trying to forget things and Vader being evil and all.
-Maybe Vader did recognize them but didn't care????

-So far, C3PO doesn't have plating in the prequels. He is clear in the prequels and gold in the original trilogy! So how would recognize them?!?! Notice those astromech and translator droids walking around that look almost identical to C3PO and R2D2 except for their color?? Maybe this is similar. Their models are VERY common in the Star Wars universe.

Azalea is probably right about the babies.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:41 AM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
im sure the whole droid thing will be explained and addressed in epsiode three - maybe even in the new Star Wars DVDs coming out in september. Maybe they will add in something about recognizing the droids or mentioning padme??
I rather doubt that they'll add anything about that, and I don't think it's important for them to. I don't think Vader really would have cared too much even if he did recognize his droids in Episode 4. Perhaps he did and perhaps he didn't. But if he did it probably would have simply sent a brief thought of curiosity or wonder through his mind. He was too evil, unfeeling and machine-like to care much about his earlier inventions even if he did recognize them.
Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
As far as Leia, Obi-Wan does know about her, he just didn't know her as Princess Leia until he later figured it out. He probably hadn't seen her since she was an infant, if ever. And my own theory is that Annikin and Padme split up before the babies are born or something happens that splits them up. The babies are born, she dies, and Annikin "Darths" ( )because of it, but she's hidden the babies, because she fears him, or something along those lines.
I agree about what you say of Vader's knowledge of the twins. I don't really agree about Obi-Wan, though.

It never struck me that in the movie he didn't know about Leia. Vader said, "Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete." At another point in Return of the Jedi, Obi-Wan said, "your sister remains safely anonymous." I never saw any particular point in Episode 4 that indicated Obi-Wan discovered Leia's identity then, nor do I see any particular reason why he should have. He wanted Leia's identity secret, secret from Luke and from everyone. It seemed to me from the movies that Obi-Wan knew about Leia all along, just as he knew about Luke. Episode 3 will doubtless have the answer to that, anyway . Though I'm quite confident Obi-Wan knew about Leia.

Sorry if this post seems at all aggressive. It completely isn't meant that way.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:46 AM   #12
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

Did VAder ever actually see the droids?
Old 08-24-2004, 07:04 PM   #13
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

(Goes cross-eyed) I'll have to think about that one.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:57 PM   #14
azalea
Long lost mooter

Leif, you may be right about Obi-Wan's knowing about Leia=Luke's sis from the get go of Epi 4. I can't remember my reasoning behind my theory at this moment (temp. brain dead).

Vader did see the droids -- he at least saw them when Hans got deep-frozen because they were all there. I'm sure there were other times, but I can't remember right now (that brain dead thing again).
Old 08-30-2004, 08:54 PM   #15
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea
Vader did see the droids -- he at least saw them when Hans got deep-frozen because they were all there. I'm sure there were other times, but I can't remember right now (that brain dead thing again).
Thank-you. (Goes non-cross-eyed at last)

Old 09-08-2004, 09:01 PM   #16
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
Obi-Wan did know about Leia but i dont think he knew Princess Leia was the same person.as for Vader he never found out about Luke or Leia but he did know that Padme had babies. i am not sure if he knew if they were ever born before she died.and Obi-Wan did know who C3P0 and R2 were but they didnt remember him because in episode three Bail Organa erases there memories.
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 05:32 PM   #17
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

I have a question that may seem rather noobed but I always wondered and never actually asked anyone anywhere ever, wether or not the Star Wars series was in litterature form before the films release or after? Also if anyone has read these books do you feel they are better than the films, in there own way, like LotR?

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:03 PM   #18
azalea
Long lost mooter

The movies came first (or movie, I should say). Then a lot of people wrote books that became known as the Expanded Universe (I think).
Old 10-13-2004, 09:33 AM   #19
Elessar the Elfstone
Enting

I think Vader doesn't think about him self as anikian skywalker so probably won't think about his anikian memories so maybe vader didn't remember making the droids all he remembers is from the moment he turned over to the darkside so he would still remember Obi wan but not Luke and leia not the droids and not yoda (remember he was under the impression obi wan taught luke he didn't even think about yoda)

oh yeah and the expanded univurse is books and comics which is set in the star wars universe (sort of side quests before after snd during the OT)

AND

the only books of the films that have been made that I know aboutare only short childrens sort of books with few chapters and big lettering

Last edited by Elessar the Elfstone : 10-13-2004 at 09:37 AM.
Elessar the Elfstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 04:39 PM   #20
Finnrodde

Perhaps they repressed the memories. Would you enjoy tagging around with C-3P0 constantly. Artoo's cool, but Threepio's just ANNOYING!!! Then again, maybe they got hit by a falling log...

Also, the THRAWN TRILOGY is not a side quest or a children's books. Those books rock!

Last edited by Finnrodde : 11-29-2004 at 04:41 PM.