Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-10-2003, 12:26 PM   #21
Bilbo
Enting

Perhaps the Phantom Menace is Syfo Dyas, i.e Darth Sideous.
This follows with my idea of Darth Sideous being the Phantom Menace.
He pays for a Clone Army with the hope to control it and to use it to destroy the Jedi. He wants to use the Droid army to stage an attack and the Clones to mop up the mess.When he finds out that Obi Wan is finding out about them, he has the Droids pose a threat to the Jedi. The Jedi bring in the Clones, and Sideous takes over control of them in the next, much awaited film.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:13 PM   #22
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I always looked at it as the Sith in general. The Trade Federation was a menace to be sure, but not a phantom one. They were very concrete.

But the Dark Side on the other hand even had Yoda's underpants all a'twist cus he couldn't figure it out, but somehow he knew that something sinister was brewing. So the two parts are there, the phantom and the menace.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:43 PM   #23
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i think mace windu and yoda know who sifo dyas is.
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:51 PM   #24
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I had personally never heard of the theory of Qui Gon being Sifo Dyas, but i do not think it very likely.

Remember that he was always called Qui Gon, yet in episode two many times inside the Jedi Temple was the name Sifo Dyas used. The librarian stated that it was Sifo Dyas who was the last to access certain records. If it was Qui Gon I'd imagine that she would have said Qui Gon.

I always thought that Sifo Dyas was Dooku. I'd assumed that Dooku was a name he took to mask who he really was. After all, he did have to leave the Jedi Order to carry out the rest of Sidious' plans. And I assume that the Jedi just wouldn't have let him pack up and leave all in a hurry. He must have had to fake his death and obviously change his name. Plus from what I recall the timing was about right. Obi wan said that Sifo Dyas was killed 10 years ago during episode 2, so the authorization of the clone army he had probably done right after faking his death.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."

Last edited by Anglorfin : 01-17-2004 at 11:53 PM.
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:25 AM   #25
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
I always looked at it as the Sith in general. The Trade Federation was a menace to be sure, but not a phantom one. They were very concrete.
IMO the Sith used the Trade Federation as a facade to their own plans, hence creating a sort of false, staged threat to hide the 'real' threat of the Sith. The Trade Federation would of course not know that it was merely being used and consider itself a real player. Anyway, that's my interpretation.

As for Sifo Dyas, I think he was indeed killed 10 years before and that the real Sifo Dyas had really nothing to do with the clone army. But I think his name was used as disguise for Dooku in which he ordered the making of the Clone army in an attempt to make sure the Republic would employ the Clone army without realising they were only supplying the 'infiltrated' Palpatine with the army he needed to start his plans. Again, just my theory.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:28 AM   #26
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

I guess I alsways took the phantom manace as the dark side of the power (is it called power? just directly translated from german, sorry).

And I never really got it who ordered the clone army ..... no clue.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:03 PM   #27
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

you all have such intelligent theories.
I cant believe use to think mine was the only probable theory.

btw-its the Force Lalaith.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide

Last edited by hectorberlioz : 01-24-2004 at 01:06 PM.
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 02:58 PM   #28
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by hectorberlioz
you all have such intelligent theories.
Thank you. I'm pretty fond of my little theories. But who knows, I may be proven completely wrong when Episode 3 gets out. I think that's going to hurt.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:39 PM   #29
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

I think it means - there is now a phantom Menace in the galaxy or anything. I didn't give it much thought. Talk to IP.