Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

The Person Above You Thread...

Ok, I searched and couldn't find something like this, so forgive me if there is one.

Anyway, this thread is a game of sorts, where you describe one thing about the person who posts above you (or before you, whichever you prefer calling it ). Now, you can describe anything about the person above you, whether it is something about a tolkien character they like, something they have in their sig telling you what they like, something about their name, a food they like, the color of their hair (if you know it, hehe), and things like that. Try to keep things positive, so no flaming on someone or arguing. This is purely for fun and in essence will allow people to learn things about each other in a way, even though others are stating things about them

I will give an example after I post
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-15-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

^he is sexy...

'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-15-2004, 08:34 PM   #3
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

Um, isn't this almost exactly like the thread The Previos Poster ?

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Old 01-15-2004, 08:47 PM   #4
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowfax
Um, isn't this almost exactly like the thread The Previos Poster ?
That's what I thought, but I think this allows for a more detailed decriptive post, not sure.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 01-15-2004, 09:16 PM   #5
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

^ is a moderator who is being very leniant, < thinks...

< Thinks this should be deleted. < means, this board is nearly exactly like the prevos poster...

XIAN- for hating Wiccans.
MURDERER- for hating vegetarians.
PREP- for hating Goths.

These are a few of my favourite things, the hypocritical stylings of the most "liberal" groups.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:50 PM   #6
Ruinel
Banned

^makes horrible spelling mistakes (previous & lenient)

(this IS like the Previous Poster thread)
Old 01-15-2004, 11:51 PM   #7
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Yeah, I agree. Closing.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Closed Thread