Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2003, 06:13 PM   #30
Elbereth5
Sapling

Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
They are nothing compared to The Lord of the Rings, but still a good read. I meen, nothing really compares to Tolkien's work, the world that he made was so big and real filling, I remember waching the movie before reading the book, and almost asking someone if it was real, the only way that I could tell that it wasn't was because of all of the magic and fatacy creatures. Lord of the Rings is so much more alive then HP. My point is, if you compare it to Lord of the Rings, then of course it's gonna be no big deal, The Lord of the Rings is the classic, and origonal, without LOTR, who knows if Rowling would have ever even read much fantacy. So HP isn't as good, but you have to give them credit, the HP fans may be saying that we are over obsessed, who knows? To say that it is over done is to say that Lord of the Rings is over done, after all, there is more history to Lord of the Rings then Rowling can think up for HP (probally). You have to compare the book to nothing, not to other fantacy, and then you'll see.
I totally agree!!!!!!!!!
Elbereth5 is offline   Reply With Quote