Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-20-2003, 04:48 AM   #1
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Bodies or Skeletons of the fashion shows.

On the occasion when I've seen the walking skeletons of the French and Italian fashion shows, they have sickened me.

What's with these fashiondesigners when they can't create clothes for normal bodies. Is it because they are all homos.

Young girls starv themselves so that they look like fashionmodels and that sickens me, too.

No. I think that a radical change will have to made to this industry so that ordinary women won't feel forced to become thin as waifers to be able to fit into the f-d:s clothes.

This goes for male models as well. I've seen some really sickening examples of them as well (looking like prison camp escapees).

What's your opinion?
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 06:16 AM   #2
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

have you ever seen any pro- anorexia sites??
now those are sick..
if youd like to find them.. dont search through yahoo.. theyve blocked them all.
these pro-ana sites are completely horrific.

i know what you mean .. i went to the mall a while back, and the clothing sizes seem to be getting smaller, while the rest of america is getting bigger.

the solution.. learn to sew and make yer own threads!
Old 08-20-2003, 06:28 AM   #3
Millane
The Dude

ohhh yes it sickens me, a bunch of 'trendy' designers might think that some skun rabbit is attractive but i would bet that the general public like us wouldnt look twice at one of these wenches on the street and thats why we all love Monica Bellucci a full breasted and attractively plumb hotty, and shes in the matrix
i hate them nearly as much as those olsen twins and those other imbecile teenagers who dra down other normal girls...
maybe people should stop coming and whinging at Marilyn Manson concerts because hes a 'bad' influence on us, and go make a scene at these 'classy' fashion shows
geez i love inverted commas
Old 08-20-2003, 12:53 PM   #4
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well this is really nothing new at all. For a long time the "fasion industry" has had one definition of beauty that doesnt at all correspond with true human physiology. And its been accepted because such images are exposed in the media as the ultimate beauty and anything else is lesser. Of course its rediculous. A girl needs curves and form to her. Not some stick like creature with hair and the ability to walk a cat walk. These girls cant even breed without great difficulty. Now whats the point of getting like that? Give me a girl with curves and parts I can hang onto any day. Nothing worse then a girl with no ass. *shiver* Its no fun trying to get personel with a girl when theres nothing smooth and fleshy to roll your hands over. and all you get is a poke in the eye from an unexpeted bone for your troubles.

Fasion models are as much freaks as world class athleates are. And should probably be thought of in the same way. You kinda have to be born a certain way and then you have to maximize this freakishness so that you can excel in that particular arena. Whether its running 100 meters in under 10 seconds or being 6 feet tall and wearing a size 1 dress. "Normal" people by definition cant do either.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 01:13 PM   #5
LuthienTinuviel

haha a poke in the eye.

i think along the same lines, IR.
some of the kids i see on tv look like this; l when they should look more like this 8

i thinhk that its about the same for guys too.. being rock hard and ripped isnt all that appealing..
Old 08-20-2003, 02:41 PM   #6
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Remember the "heroin chic" of a few years back? Let's all look like dying junkies!

Personal peeve: beauty pageant contestants- why do they all (or at least the finalists) have long noses and wiiiiiiide mouths- it ends up like a Julia Roberts wannabe competition.

And, Grey Wolf - please don't use the term "homos"- it's a derogatory slur, as much as any ethnic insult -( just been through this on the "shaved legs" thread).

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 02:54 PM   #7
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by GrayMouser
Remember the "heroin chic" of a few years back? Let's all look like dying junkies!

Personal peeve: beauty pageant contestants- why do they all (or at least the finalists) have long noses and wiiiiiiide mouths- it ends up like a Julia Roberts wannabe competition.

And, Grey Wolf - please don't use the term "homos"- it's a derogatory slur, as much as any ethnic insult -( just been through this on the "shaved legs" thread).
Won't use the term again.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 03:20 PM   #8
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Quote:
Originally posted by LuthienTinuviel
haha a poke in the eye.

i think along the same lines, IR.
some of the kids i see on tv look like this; l when they should look more like this 8

i thinhk that its about the same for guys too.. being rock hard and ripped isnt all that appealing..
Ack, tell me about it. Those guys you see with the huge muscles and veins popping out everywhere are just, well, they don't look natural. Its creepy.
And the same goes for the models who starve themselves to get that way. I mean, there is nothing wrong with being thin naturally. But when you see those girls on tv or whatever you just know that something that extreme can't be natural or healthy.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 04:22 PM   #9
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Oh come on now, stop being fat-ist. Some people can't help being skinny.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 04:32 PM   #10
LuthienTinuviel

i wish i was thin naturally..
°pops more diet pills..
mmm...

anyways... im not saying that you should be fat.. im just saying that being THAT thin, is not healthy at all. you can and most likely will severely hurt your internals that way.
same thing with bodybuilding... a quick way to do that is to eat a high protein diet, which makes your cholesterol skyrocket. the only thing that can bring that down is exercise... so think that if all the bodybuilders stoped exercising, their ateries would clog and we wouldn't have to look at those nasssty veins anymore.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:40 PM   #11
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

I'm not being fat-ist! ...is that a word? I'm practically a frickin twig! (same height as a twig, too )

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 04:42 PM   #12
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
Oh come on now, stop being fat-ist. Some people can't help being skinny.
who are you calling fattest!

Old 08-20-2003, 07:59 PM   #13
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

I think it's gross that people do that to themselves. Plus half the clothes that they wear are UGLY!!! or at least some of them are. If they were in bigger sizes maybe they wouldn't be so bad!
Old 08-20-2003, 11:26 PM   #14
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Who would wear the clothes that they design anyway? If I saw someone dressed like most of those models walking down the street, I'd laugh.

The waif look is ok, but if I had a choice about it, I'd go with IR and pick someone with some meat on their bones. Says the skinny little guy....

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 11:55 PM   #15
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

My husband and I always get a laugh out of the outrageous, slutty clothes many designers come up with. Imagine clomping out with thighboots and one of those see through blouses on when doing the grocery shopping at Kroger! aaack! The fruit and vegetable guy would have a coronary! Where are you supposed to wear those clothes, anyway? To Hell, I guess!
Old 08-21-2003, 12:13 PM   #16
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
My husband and I always get a laugh out of the outrageous, slutty clothes many designers come up with. Imagine clomping out with thighboots and one of those see through blouses on when doing the grocery shopping at Kroger! aaack! The fruit and vegetable guy would have a coronary! Where are you supposed to wear those clothes, anyway? To Hell, I guess!
Only place (on earth) that I could realistically expect someone to wear that type of clothing is in the "night club" scene, Halloween or a costume party.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 12:31 PM   #17
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

I wouldnt wear them anyway, mainly cos I'm too "fat" to fit in them, plus I'm not 6 feet tall.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:10 AM   #18
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

i agree and disagree in many ways. I agree with sheena in the way that some ppl are naturally skinny, i only fit into kids clothes when i was in grade 7 and i was less than 70 pounds, i was one of the thinest things you had ever seen and it didn't matter what i ate, i could eat anything and it wouldn't do anything to me because of my metabolism. but now i'm going into grade 10 only 3 years later, i'm 15 now and barely over 100 pounds but i fit into a size 5 in women's now so i'm out of the childrens section but i barely eat, i'm not anerxic or belamic it's just i'm not hungry i could last 9 - 10 hours on a bowl of cereal or toast or something and this isn't good for me and i know that but eatting sometimes just makes me want to gag i usaully have to choke things down when i'm not hungry but i force myself to eat because i have low iron and if i dont get enough iron in my body i start to black out, but on other days i can't go 3 hours without food. And another thing, those of you who have seen those fashion shows is it just me or do those clothes just hang off of them they don't fit nicely they just hang and you can see every rim, it is grose and nobody should be aneroxic or belamic if you ask me but that is ONLY my opinion. And men with a lot of muscle's and such is disturbing and i'm pretty sure it's all hemroids and such witch have harmful side affects which i'm sure all of us have heard of, and if you haven't and any of you guys are on them, you might just want to try something else. Anyhow i should go post some other places.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 07:10 PM   #19
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

hemroids? *laugh* thats funny. im sure you meant steroids there. but who knows they may be on a hemroid too.

so you dont get hungry you are saying? or is this a psychological condition you have where you dont want to eat? thats pretty scary that you have to be reminded to eat so you dont pass out hun.

Old 08-23-2003, 09:20 PM   #20
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

lol, oh ya i meant steroids lol, it was like 2am when i wrote that post that's probably why. Ya i just don't get hungry like a "normal" person does my appetite is really wierd. It may seem scary to u that i have to remind myself to eat otherwise i pass out but i'm used to it i've lived with it my whole life, i can get pretty close to blacking out though and i usaully forget that it's because i haven't eaten so i can't figure out what's going on.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote