Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2003, 04:17 PM   #1
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Evidence for Creationism and Against Evolution

We started to get into evidence for creationism in the "Should Evolution be taught in schools?" thread, and since it seemed like it would take awhile to discuss it, as opposed to being a quick OT jaunt, several of us thought we should start a new thread. So here it is

Polite discussion only, please, and logical/scientific analysis welcome and appreciated.

I was pretty much the main creationist poster, and was asked to give some evidence for creationism, and here was my initial post:here

There were lots of resposes and a lot of discussion. I don't know if people want to just post links to some of their response posts or what, I'll leave that up to you guys. Or should we just shorten things up back on the other thread and keep the discussion there? Frankly, I don't know how much more I'm up to here, because after weeks of answering posts at at least a 6-to-1 disadvantage, I'm pretty tired, but I'll stick with it a while longer, because I think that the scientific data out there (which is NEUTRAL, btw, and available to both sides) supports creationism more than evolution.

**EDIT** (4 Nov. 2003) : after quite a few pages, trying to discuss topics in a piecemeal fashion, I ended up making a multi-post, top-level summary of some of the major points. If you're interested in evidence for creationism, you might want to read it first, instead of trying to get thru all the posts that only discuss one topic for many, many pages. It starts here: summary posts. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 03-04-2005 at 02:02 PM.