Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #1
Galin
Elven Warrior

I've traded posts with Olmer before, and read some of his opinions. Here, he starts with a seemingly sure "nope" to respond to my brief paraphrasing of something Tolkien wrote, JRRT's fuller version being:

"But their stroke was too late. For the Dark Lord had forseen it, and he had long prepared all his movements; and the Ulairi, his Nine servants, had gone before him to make ready for his coming. Therefore his flight was but a feint, and he soon returned, and ere the Wise could prevent him he re-entered his kindom in Mordor and reared once again the towers of Barad-dur."

So, besides spelling Sauron incorrectly for some reason I think I did pretty well with my summation... "Suaron's plans are revealed here a well: that the Nine had gone before him to make ready for his return, so that his [Sauron's] flight was a feint, and he returned to Mordor."
Galin is offline   Reply With Quote